Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Drink Interviews Update

Appstate88
School: Appalachian State

Re: Drink Interviews Update

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:47 am

DG is the key. As long as we have him, I believe our Athletics programs will continue their upward trajectory. In DG I trust.

BTW... It’s Game Day! I’m going to put my focus there. #blackSaturday. #beatLouisiana
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:18 am

PennywiseEsquire wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:55 am
I think it’s important to remember that 99% of the people writing and tweeting about which coach is going where are completely full of shit. While it is unnerving to hear Drink’s name tossed around, I trust a magic eight ball as much as I do the stuff I’m seeing online. I won’t sweat until something is official.
Drink hasn't really been mentioned except in passing, officially. No one knows what's going on in Arkansas though so nothing would surprise me at this point.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:19 am

ericsaid wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:18 am
PennywiseEsquire wrote:
I think it’s important to remember that 99% of the people writing and tweeting about which coach is going where are completely full of shit. While it is unnerving to hear Drink’s name tossed around, I trust a magic eight ball as much as I do the stuff I’m seeing online. I won’t sweat until something is official.
Drink hasn't really been mentioned except in passing, officially. No one knows what's going on in Arkansas though so nothing would surprise me at this point.
Kiffin is a done deal, remember?

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:10 am

I would be willing to bet that some of the recruits will follow Drink. Meaning the good ones that he really wanted. Then maybe they don’t follow him but don’t want to play for an unknown here at App so they go to their second choice.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:12 am

Moose had me calmed down and now you guys are getting me riled up again.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:26 am

asu7 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:10 am
I would be willing to bet that some of the recruits will follow Drink. Meaning the good ones that he really wanted. Then maybe they don’t follow him but don’t want to play for an unknown here at App so they go to their second choice.
Based on the end results of recruiting last year, I don’t see why you would think that. We only lost one guy from last year to Louisville and that was understandable given that the guy that would be his position coach went with Satt. We lost two guys that flipped to P5s that probably happen anyway. Other than those three, I believe that we ended up signing everyone that committed. The HC generally only gets involved in the evaluation of the guys in the position group that he coaches or when they are given tape from his assistants on guys they think are worthy of immediate take offers. Also, you are assuming that an SEC school will be happy with a new coach bringing in SBC level recruits.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 am

booneboy92 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:29 am
asu7 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:22 am
Arkansas are idiots ... that being said I want Clark. Clark deserves a shot and at this point we need some continuity. Maybe keep Link?

Losing Drink won’t hurt that bad because we can get a good coach with his buyout. However losing a year of recruiting is going to hurt. It is what it is. Yes I know there are bigger issues but it pisses me off. It could be worse we could be GASo alums.
I’m not buying in yet...But, if all this comes to fruition, we might be lucky to keep anybody (Clark included).
Trust me. Clark would want to stay. But he should be given an interview for the HC position.
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:29 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:47 am
DG is the key. As long as we have him, I believe our Athletics programs will continue their upward trajectory. In DG I trust.

BTW... It’s Game Day! I’m going to put my focus there. #blackSaturday. #beatLouisiana
I agree with you. But because of our funding issues, we should all be more concernwd with losing DG.
The Appalachian State

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:31 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:26 am
asu7 wrote:
Based on the end results of recruiting last year, I don’t see why you would think that. We only lost one guy from last year to Louisville and that was understandable given that the guy that would be his position coach went with Satt. We lost two guys that flipped to P5s that probably happen anyway. Other than those three, I believe that we ended up signing everyone that committed. The HC generally only gets involved in the evaluation of the guys in the position group that he coaches or when they are given tape from his assistants on guys they think are worthy of immediate take offers. Also, you are assuming that an SEC school will be happy with a new coach bringing in SBC level recruits.
That makes sense too! I hope you are right. I hope Link and Clark stay and we roll! I would hope all our recruits want to be at App because it’s App. So I hope you are right.

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:33 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 am
booneboy92 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:29 am
asu7 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:22 am
Arkansas are idiots ... that being said I want Clark. Clark deserves a shot and at this point we need some continuity. Maybe keep Link?

Losing Drink won’t hurt that bad because we can get a good coach with his buyout. However losing a year of recruiting is going to hurt. It is what it is. Yes I know there are bigger issues but it pisses me off. It could be worse we could be GASo alums.
I’m not buying in yet...But, if all this comes to fruition, we might be lucky to keep anybody (Clark included).
Trust me. Clark would want to stay. But he should be given an interview for the HC position.
I think Clark loves it here. I think he at least deserves a shot at the HC position when Drink leaves.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:35 am

asu7 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:31 am
AppSt94 wrote:
asu7 wrote:
That makes sense too! I hope you are right. I hope Link and Clark stay and we roll! I would hope all our recruits want to be at App because it’s App. So I hope you are right.
Purely speculation on my part, but I think Clark, Watts, Gas, and DJ are the most likely to stay.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:37 am

Dang if everyone here is to be believed, Drink is already gone and moving out of his house. He isn’t even the number 1 choice and has been mentioned a few times as a 3rd or 4th choice. He very well may be gone, but people need to RELAX.

As for Clark, wasn’t he the one who called the plays for the MT game last year? I think he would do great. Does he know big name guys to bring on for a staff?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:41 am

ukappfan wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:37 am
Dang if everyone here is to be believed, Drink is already gone and moving out of his house. He isn’t even the number 1 choice and has been mentioned a few times as a 3rd or 4th choice. He very well may be gone, but people need to RELAX.

As for Clark, wasn’t he the one who called the plays for the MT game last year? I think he would do great. Does he know big name guys to bring on for a staff?
The conversation may be premature but it is inevitable. It will happen at some point. I have to chuckle at your big name comment. We don’t pay enough to get big names. He has connections for sure.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:42 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:35 am
asu7 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:31 am
AppSt94 wrote:
asu7 wrote:
Purely speculation on my part, but I think Clark, Watts, Gas, and DJ are the most likely to stay.
Based on what I know, that's pretty good speculation if the situation arises.
The Appalachian State

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:21 am

Kiffen to Ole Miss is a done deal....This is really starting to suck.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:32 am

You guys are acting like you're about to go on a date with someone and you talk yourself out of it because you're worrying too much about all the hypotheticals.

If we loose Drink, we're still a top 20 FBS team. Meaning we're a nice, attractive program and that will result in attracting quality applicants. We'll be fine. We survived losing Moore and Satterfield. And if it happens, we'll survive losing Drinkwitz.

(I'd laugh my ass off if we ended up with Ted Roof as a HC, some of you would light yourselves on fire in protest)

And yeah, Kiffen is going to Ole Miss.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:34 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:21 am
Kiffen to Ole Miss is a done deal....This is really starting to suck.
There is a strong likelihood that Arkansas makes their Interim, permanent.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:36 am

Ted wouldn’t go to Arkansas?

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:43 am

The Rock wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:19 am
ericsaid wrote:
PennywiseEsquire wrote:
I said they were in the negotiation phase, which was true. It's possible that it still is. Malzahn 2 years ago was close to closing with Arkansas and we see how that went.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:49 am

ericsaid wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:43 am
The Rock wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:19 am
ericsaid wrote:
PennywiseEsquire wrote:
I said they were in the negotiation phase, which was true. It's possible that it still is. Malzahn 2 years ago was close to closing with Arkansas and we see how that went.
Dude, stop with the backpedaling. You have stated on multiple sites that Kiffin to Arkansas was a done deal. Nothing wrong with being wrong. Just own it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”