Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cajuns are in Johnson City

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: Cajuns are in Johnson City

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:00 am

I can show them where to go sell blood and plasma in JC.............They will have beer money!!!!!!!!!!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:06 am

What else could we be focused on other than the game this week? Chances we get to NY6 are gone because of how flat we came out against Georgia Southern at home. I'm sure they're locked in to avoid a conference championship loss at home. Belk Bowl is only hearsay at this point. The team has only this to play for and the chance to be the first team in N.C. with 12 wins.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:21 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:38 am
They've experienced just as much coaching change talk. Napier to Ole Miss is very likely.
Seriously. Type "Billy Napier" into a Google search. Was "Billy Napier Ole Miss" the first result that populated? It is for me.

Drinkwitz is on a lot of lists, but the national narrative I'm hearing about him is "it's too soon, give him another season, wait and see." With Satt winning ACC COTY and Louisville being the ACC success story that it is, the question of how much of this team's success is the result of Satt vs Drink has never been clearer.

Just so we're clear, I think Drink has been fantastic and deserves heaps of praise and plenty of looks. But Arkansas rolled the dice on a good coordinator with a short HC resume from a G5 with Chad Morris and they got burned hard. I don't know if they're ready to go down a comparable road with Drink.

Drink is a good coach and we almost certainly will lose him to a program with deeper pockets one day. But I don't know if his number is up yet. It looks like Napier's is.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:41 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:07 am
What possible evidence exists that would indicate that our team is one bit less focused than ULL? Do some of you guys stand on the sidelines at practice, go to class with our players, eat with them, sit in on team meetings? I am not trying to be funny just asking. We are 11-1, ranked in the top 25 of the most important poll that exists, arguably our best team EVER. We have gone on the road and beaten two P5's. We slipped up and lost a game, yeah lost one game at home in the crappiest weather possible against a decent rival team. Is the purpose of saying that ULL is more focused so that if we happen to lose you can come back and say, "see I told you"? I just don't get the negativity sometimes. God I hope we don't slip up and go 8-4 one year.
Same here, bigdaddy. Too many mind readers around here.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:27 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:35 am
BTK2000 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:34 am
ah59396 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:21 am
I’ve got an uneasy feeling them Cajun fellas are a little more focused on this game than we are.
“We”? Am I dressing Saturday?

Hahaha. Bad choice of words, I meant the team.

I don’t have any reason to believe they will be unfocused, but it does concern me a little bit.

ULL has one goal, win the SBC.

For App, there’s been a lot of extra noise around us this week between Belk Bowl/CFP Rankings/Drinkwitz & Arkansas.

Us discussing here doesn’t effect the team at all, I just hope they are focused.
There is quite literally next to zero noise about Arkansas and Drinkwitz. I'd be more concerned about Virginia Tech should Kiffin fall through at Arkansas and Fuente be hired there.

CFP ranking, and ranking in general, probably isn't a concern anymore other than to feel the need to push harder.

Belk Bowl is out of everyones control except ESPN, The Sun Belt, NOLA, The Charlotte Sports Group, and possibly Gillin. No need to worry about it.

PoplarHillApp

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:53 am
The number one goal has always been the conference championship. We'll be ready.
I just hope they don't play "We Ready" over and over on the stadium loudspeakers....

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:03 pm

They left a day early, stayed in JC last night and Banner Elk tonight.

General Moore

Unread post by General Moore » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:01 pm

I honestly do not know how to start a new topic so I'll put this here...

This afternoon, ESPN was at a house my company built a couple years ago on Howard's Knob. They had the Sunbelt Championship trophy and helmets from each team with a bird's eye view of the rock.

I'd post the pic but I dont know how to do that either!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:04 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:19 am
I also remember some folks saying our guys wouldn’t be focused for S.C. That turned out pretty good. Come on guys let’s give this team the credit they deserve. So many first, so many records. Sooooo many wins. This is a great group!!!
Or, that Georgia State was really good and wanted to knock us off our perch...

Or, that Troy wanted to get us back from last year and wanted to play spoiler and make a bowl....

I'm not going to argue that we might have been flat against Georgia Southern, but I really, really think the weather was more of a factor than many want to admit. All of the TD's in that game were scored with a prevailing wind (GaSo in the first and third quarters, good guys in the 2nd and 4th). Their kicker made a helluva kick into the wind in the 2nd Quarter. They mastered the field position that the wind enabled and we dug our hole too deep. I realize that running the ball isn't wind aided, but they did a good job of taking advantage of the elements and that is the one game where our special teams were sorely outplayed.

as Mjohn1988 posted, This is a great group. And this group went into Louisiana as a road underdog and took care of business and showed they were the better team. We are the better team on the field tomorrow, we just need to play to our capabilities. Not to mention, this coaching staff has weathered the storms along with the players and put them in position to make plays time and time again.

wncapp78

Unread post by wncapp78 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:44 pm

If they were at Meadowview Conference Center Hotel that’s Kingsport about 20 miles beyond JC. Well past the I 26/I 81 intersection.

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:37 am

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:40 am

In that case, "let's dance":

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”