Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

SB championship Game Thread

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: SB championship Game Thread

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:06 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:57 pm
Heard Zac was furious over being selected only 3rd team All conference and he definitely took it out on ULL. Thanks for playing, and thanks for doubting Zac!
I would gladly prefer the league office have not named a single player higher than 3rd team if it could piss them off and get them to come out with that chip on their shoulder.

I always said that Zac was the best QB in the SBC and I am glad he took it personal. Barker at Troy is good but he isn't better than Zac overall. Zac is the best runner in the league and he can light a team up through the air.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:09 am

hotrod2001 wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:06 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:28 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:15 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:26 pm
The committee is supposed to watch the games, if they watch our game, they see we dominated that game and ULL had to work hard in the second half just to make it look respectable.
Agree. The committee is full with of people that understand the flow of a football game.
They do and we were certainly a better team. It is hard to win twice. With that said, we all agreed prior to the game we needed style points and ULL fought hard to come back and made it a real game late. We made a statement in the first half but did not play that way for four quarters. To surpass multiple teams ahead of us a statement needed to be made. We certainly won't drop because of what you two said but we would not pass Memphis with what we did. That just won't happen.
In reality I think we might just move up one spot to 20 and overtake Cincy since they lost. I really can't see us moving up any further unless they decide we're a better team than Boise State...which I would think we could make the case that beating a 10-1 Louisiana team for the SB Conference title was a harder job/more quality win than a dismantling of a 5-loss Hawai'i team. (How did Hawai'i play 14 games already? Did their season start earlier or something?)
The top 12 is going to have a lot of movement but I am with you that we move up to just #20. I think we flip with Cincy and maybe UVA drops 1-2 spots. They should not move at all because I believe everyone in the 21-25 range would lose by about the same margin to Clemson. I think we could play them a little closer but would still expect to lose by about 25-30. They are freakishly fast and good.

savoyspecial21

Unread post by savoyspecial21 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:29 am

Kafarmer wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:33 pm
Memphis winning means no chance ever to pass them. None. Boise State winning meant no chance. No matter what we did, everyone else accomplished what they needed. Salute to our great team for this great, great season!
yes, but none of that was known when the game was played.

Agreed, great season. Very proud.

But, with a bit more consistency it could have been so much more. That consistency never materialized, and it was issue all year long.

It's ok to have higher expectations.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:17 am

65550CBB-2A46-49F9-B771-12239F86B5A6.jpeg

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:14 am

I know we can run but Drink and Co need to let Zac throw for more scores rather than 3 and a cloud of pellets.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:23 am

Kafarmer wrote:
Memphis winning means no chance ever to pass them. None. Boise State winning meant no chance. No matter what we did, everyone else accomplished what they needed. Salute to our great team for this great, great season!
Agreed. The committee established the NY6 participant, when they made the rankings last week. If Boise lost, we would have passed them. However, no amount of style points was going to push us past two AAC teams.

We had a tremendous year, and this team stepped up to the challenge time and time again. We came out of the gates with a Champion’s pedigree yesterday. No matter how the second half played out, we notched the W, were 1-0 for the week and met another season goal.

Does the bowl system suck when you have a season like this, yes it does? But, it is what it is.

The system didn’t screw us. It’s the downside of being a G5 team in a newer conference in the FBS. But, it’s exactly what we signed up for.

Should it be New Orleans....the players get to play in an immaculate NFL stadium, where December weather won’t be a factor. The fans get to enjoy a fun city. And, we can make more history with 13th win, a 5th straight bowl win and a chance to move up in the Final Rankings.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:29 am

This team should be great again next year. Finish the season ranked this year and lay the groundwork to start possibly ranked or close next year. Like others have said, the more we are ranked the easier it will be to rank us in the future.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:48 am

Kafarmer wrote:
Exactly! That sums it up. The destination Bowl game was basically set well before this game given the slim chance that BOTH of those teams would lose. Don't get me wrong, I was disappointed in the second half also and I do worry that eventually we will get bit by going conservative so early. No way we should have lost this game by less than 14...and really should have been at least 21. It does seem that our switch to conservative play coincided with Zac taking that nasty hit to his throwing shoulder. I hope that he is ok and there isn't an injury involved. If he wasn't able to throw later in the game, I wish they had put Huesman in for a series or two and see what he could do. That's probably not a popular opinion on here but our run game is based on mixing up plays. It's clear that once we go one dimensional, we are stoppable if the opponent has a legit D (which UL does).

All that said, I'm very happy for ANOTHER CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP! Let's go win a Bowl Game and finish the season in the top 20!!!!!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:52 am

Watching the replay on ESPNU. So, our offense scored 35 points in the first 24 minutes of the game and 3 points the last 36 minutes if the game? Maybe we did get conservative, maybe Napier made adjustments, maybe two good teams not that far apart came back to each other, maybe getting a big lead caused some offensive relaxation, no telling.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:26 am

My favorite parts of the SBC game:

The students came, stayed and celebrated the victory. That says a lot for our future. Going forward it looks like we could have a fan base the cares about conference wins.

The picture of Vic Johnson holding that trophy above his head. If you haven’t seen it it’s on Appstatesports.com. I love Vic Johnson.
Last edited by Mjohn1988 on Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:37 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:26 am
My favorite parts of the SBC game:

The students came, stayed and celebrated the victory. The says a lot for our future. Going forward it looks like we could have a fan base the cares about conference wins.

The picture of Vic Johnson holding that trophy above his head. If you haven’t seen it it’s on Appstatesports.com. I love Vic Johnson.
Apparently the file is too big to add here and I don't feel like scaling it down. What I really am trying to say is thanks for that! Vic cares about App he bleeds black and gold and has given his all! So proud of him and look forward to seeing him on Sundays!

Here's a link to the gallery, if you guys haven't looked through the pictures yet do yourself a favor and check them out!

https://appstatesports.com/galleries/fo ... nship/1272
FREQS AND GEEKS!

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:19 pm

Figured I would place this here instead of starting a new thread. The 12pm ESPN SB Championship broadcast garnered a .48 rating and 726K viewers.This is 140k+ more viewers than the Wednesday night tilt against the Cajuns in October on the deuce. It ranks 2nd this season in viewers behind the 739k for the App v USCar game on ESPN2.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/colleg ... v-ratings/
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”