Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Who stays, who goes?

BeauFoster
School: Appalachian State

Re: Who stays, who goes?

Unread post by BeauFoster » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Per Twitter (though no official confirmation), Roof will be staying on as DC. Plenty of people will have a problem with this, but I personally believe it's at least a decent move. Lots of experience and continuity. Depending on who comes in as assistants and how HMIC Clark pushes philosophy, it could be a very good thing.
Give 'em hell!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:25 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:20 pm
Per Twitter (though no official confirmation), Roof will be staying on as DC. Plenty of people will have a problem with this, but I personally believe it's at least a decent move. Lots of experience and continuity. Depending on who comes in as assistants and how HMIC Clark pushes philosophy, it could be a very good thing.
As long as Gas also stays I'm fine with it. I'm sure Roof's son loves it at App and that is why he is staying. I just hope we don't lose more than the 3 coaches who have been announced by Missouri.

I really think the job that Watts did last year and this year puts him in line for a huge raise. Usually when there is a coaching change many players flip or back off. It does not seem like anyone did except for the one loss to Louisville. Watt is a great recruiting coordinator and needs to have a big pat on the bank and thank you from all of us. It is perhaps the most underrated job on a coaching staff and extremely important. We could have easily lost half of our class and we did not. Coaches will use the coach instability against us but I think we just countered that with Clark because we all know Clark is not looking to go anywhere.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:31 pm

I may catch some backlash, but Ted Roof very well could be our Jerry Moore in waiting. I for one would be ok with it once Clark gets interest from P5’s down the road. I like what he and his players accomplished once they jelled.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:44 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:31 pm
I may catch some backlash, but Ted Roof very well could be our Jerry Moore in waiting. I for one would be ok with it once Clark gets interest from P5’s down the road. I like what he and his players accomplished once they jelled.
You are not alone in that thought.While unlikely , possible.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:54 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
We are putting the cart waaaayyyyy ahead of the horse here folks...
The Appalachian State

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:59 pm

After watching the press conference, I had the thought that maybe Shawn Clark is our next Jerry Moore...

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:02 pm

Have to think this is an audition of sorts

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:05 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Clark has not selected his staff yet, Roof is staying for the Bowl game in his same capacity, and that is the extent of what is known. I wouldnt get caught up in any Twitter comments as Clark is keeping everything tight lipped until the season is officially over.
The Appalachian State

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:28 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:05 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Clark has not selected his staff yet, Roof is staying for the Bowl game in his same capacity, and that is the extent of what is known. I wouldnt get caught up in any Twitter comments as Clark is keeping everything tight lipped until the season is officially over.
Excellent - thanks for the input. The tweets I saw about it were all "through good sources", but who knows who those are. I'd likely be ok with it either way, depending on assistants and who else may be in the running. In the long run, I'm not the coach and won't have any say in who is running the program, so I'll have to trust Clark.
Give 'em hell!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:34 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Said the same in another thread

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:44 pm

Special teams was quite remarkable this season. I hope this is emphasized again next season.
BLACK SATURDAY

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:53 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:28 pm
appstatealum wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:
Excellent - thanks for the input. The tweets I saw about it were all "through good sources", but who knows who those are. I'd likely be ok with it either way, depending on assistants and who else may be in the running. In the long run, I'm not the coach and won't have any say in who is running the program, so I'll have to trust Clark.
im glad you posted. It got me making a few calls....but Im hearing everything is still in the air in terms of staff. I would fully expect Watts to be here, Riley if he isn't poached, and Gasp, but as I said, I have not heard one way or another as this has really been tight lipped. I have only heard of one guy that Clark is really wanting on his staff that is not currently....
The Appalachian State

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:33 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:54 pm
Apple@chin1 wrote:

Crap, I forgot:
#beatETSU

There, I fixed it.
We are putting the cart waaaayyyyy ahead of the horse here folks...

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:36 pm

Hoping that Clark has taken in a lot from Jerry, Satt, and Drink and when the day comes that he leaves us, we are setting off looking for the next Shawn Clark.

Ozzies

Unread post by Ozzies » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:40 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:53 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:
im glad you posted. It got me making a few calls....but Im hearing everything is still in the air in terms of staff. I would fully expect Watts to be here, Riley if he isn't poached, and Gasp, but as I said, I have not heard one way or another as this has really been tight lipped. I have only heard of one guy that Clark is really wanting on his staff that is not currently....

Was he here last year?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Ozzies wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:40 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:53 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Was he here last year?
I am assuming you mean was he here during Satts last year?..... No. But he would be a familiar name for most of us.
The Appalachian State

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Nate Woody?
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Ozzies

Unread post by Ozzies » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Alum...thanks. My question was about Satts last year. You are hearing about someone different than me then. Doesn't mean it cant be both.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:47 pm
Nate Woody?
No
The Appalachian State

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Ozzies wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:50 pm
Alum...thanks. My question was about Satts last year. You are hearing about someone different than me then. Doesn't mean it cant be both.
He is a huge ambassador for our program and would definitely help strengthen our culture. I hope Clark and DG build a nice staff.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”