Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

NOLA Official Bar and Info

Deano
School: Appalachian State

NOLA Official Bar and Info

Unread post by Deano » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:39 am

I've bought my tickets ($60) each for premium seating and I've looked on APPs Bowl Central page and just don't see much information (I'm sure all the details are being worked out). But for those that went last year, I have a few questions:

1. Any official APP bar been named for tailgating before the game?

2. Any details on a Fan Zone? What might be in there?

3. I see the B52's have a concert the night before, but is there any entertainer for halftime?

4. Anybody remember what prices on concessions where at the game last year?

Any other logistical information anyone wants to add feel free.

EastHallApp

Re: NOLA Official Bar and Info

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:20 am

Can't speak to this year, but last year the App fan HQ was Bourbon St. Drinkery. It's a good, two level spot with a balcony (and plenty of other fun stuff in the surrounding area, obviously.

App's band played at halftime of the game. I would guess MTSU's too, but I don't recall for sure.

I don't remember concession prices, but I can tell you there are beer vendors with carts that are cash-only, so bring some bills if that's of interest.

If you haven't booked lodging yet, I *think* the team hotel will be the Marriott again (don't quote me on that). Last year we got an airbnb that was halfway between the Superdome and the French Quarter, so that was pretty awesome. Never got in a car except to ride to and from the airport. There are other hotels similarly situated; you should be able to Google Map that part of it to find what suits you.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:38 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:20 am
Can't speak to this year, but last year the App fan HQ was Bourbon St. Drinkery. It's a good, two level spot with a balcony (and plenty of other fun stuff in the surrounding area, obviously.

App's band played at halftime of the game. I would guess MTSU's too, but I don't recall for sure.

I don't remember concession prices, but I can tell you there are beer vendors with carts that are cash-only, so bring some bills if that's of interest.

If you haven't booked lodging yet, I *think* the team hotel will be the Marriott again (don't quote me on that). Last year we got an airbnb that was halfway between the Superdome and the French Quarter, so that was pretty awesome. Never got in a car except to ride to and from the airport. There are other hotels similarly situated; you should be able to Google Map that part of it to find what suits you.
Thanks, all set with flights, hotel and tickets, just didn't know how to plan that Saturday, I figure more info will come out eventually. Used my points for a hotel between the Superdome and the French Quarter. Me and the wife have not been to NO before so we are really looking forward to it.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:44 am

Deano wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:38 am
EastHallApp wrote:

Thanks, all set with flights, hotel and tickets, just didn't know how to plan that Saturday, I figure more info will come out eventually. Used my points for a hotel between the Superdome and the French Quarter. Me and the wife have not been to NO before so we are really looking forward to it.
You'll love NOLA - that town can do wonders for a relationship...if you let it! Ha! ;)

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Deano wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:38 am
EastHallApp wrote:

We really didn't tailgate per se last year (having flown down). Just hung out around Jackson Square Saturday morning/early PM, then pregamed in the Quarter before heading over. I'm sure App will announce an HQ bar. I'd say don't worry, once you get there you will not lack for stuff to do. :-)

I'd suggest doing a little advance research on any non-App related stuff you're interested in. Preservation Hall, Cafe du Mond, Marie Laveua House of Voodoo, best restaurants, etc.

Gnomeneer

Unread post by Gnomeneer » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 pm

We are planning to go to NOLA Brewery Thursday from 5 till 8. Gotta uber there as the trolley gets ya within a mile of the brewery. Not sure I would want to walk that area after dark.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”