Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Next Years Roster

Apple@chin1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Next Years Roster

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Does DGB transfer? Not that he would factor much into next years starting lineup (barring injuries), but could be a factor in 2021 and going forward.

AppHoops

Unread post by AppHoops » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:48 pm
Does DGB transfer? Not that he would factor much into next years starting lineup (barring injuries), but could be a factor in 2021 and going forward.
I thought about this. He did redshirt this year so would he have to sit out again if he transfers? Idk how the new transfer portal works with immediate eligibility and stuff.

I’d think he wouldn’t want to sit out again.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:54 pm

APP93 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:45 pm
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:09 pm
Why in the world would a starting QB, his senior year, leave a top 25 team to fight for a job somewhere else? Some of you people need to get off the crack pipe just like the people who said DBG would start over him this year.
My question was about grad transfer rules and a hypothetical situation a buddy of mine posed to me after he was coming to the realization NC State was on it's way to a god awful season. I just don't know how all of the transfer rules work and if something like that is even a possibility.

But to your broader point, who knows why these young athletes make the decisions they do. Sometimes "people" (family, coaches) get in their ear and get them thinking. Ryan Finley was a relative unknown when he transferred to NC State and he is now playing in the NFL...Drink got a lot of credit for that and is one of the reasons why he was considered a top coach on the move and a guru on offense.
If Thomas has his degree he certainly could transfer but I don't see him doing it, especially to go to Missouri.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:16 pm

APP93 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:44 pm
I shudder to even think this (much less write it), but would it be possible for ZT to graduate early and transfer to (let's say) Mizzou and play next year as a grad transfer? Just not up on all the grad transfer rules.

A buddy of mine who is a huge NC Sate fan told me early in the year he wanted their coach fired, Drink hired and ZT to transfer in an play next year as a grad transfer.
100% that will not happen.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:18 pm

We lose two starters on offense with capable if not outstanding replacements, especially taking a drop off at left tackle. We need depth on the o line but have it at every other offensive position even if 3 leaves.On D we lose six but the backups played very well and should be ready to go day one .Depth is a different story there as new guys will have to prove themselves at those six slots. We will be heavy favorites preseason to take another title but a lot of things can happen in a years time.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Speaking of next year. Where is the Access Bowl? Peach?

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:22 pm

CharleyHustle wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:40 pm
ZT loves App. No way he leaves. Satt kept his scholly alive following serious high school injuries. All the other schools pulled their offers.

In addition, he never adapted fully to the Drink system. Everyone watched the struggle throughout the year.
I think there was respect because that's who ZT is, but I think no sorrow on his part at the events that transpired.
Prediction......No way in hell he suits up in the Tiger version of black and gold!!
You are 100% correct. You will see a different ZT in the bowl game. More like the one you saw last year. Just wait and enjoy.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:27 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:22 pm
CharleyHustle wrote:
ZT loves App. No way he leaves. Satt kept his scholly alive following serious high school injuries. All the other schools pulled their offers.

In addition, he never adapted fully to the Drink system. Everyone watched the struggle throughout the year.
I think there was respect because that's who ZT is, but I think no sorrow on his part at the events that transpired.
Prediction......No way in hell he suits up in the Tiger version of black and gold!!
You are 100% correct. You will see a different ZT in the bowl game. More like the one you saw last year. Just wait and enjoy.
If you are correct (and I pray you are), it will be a Merry Christmas indeed!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:33 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:27 pm
AppState89 wrote:
CharleyHustle wrote:

If you are correct (and I pray you are), it will be a Merry Christmas indeed!
Enjoy Merry Christmas on December 21st...

Boroneer10

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:39 pm

Excited to have Chris Willis back next year. Him and Demetrius Taylor is quite a pair of book ends

Yosef
Site Admin

Unread post by Yosef » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:03 pm

I’d be more concerned about ZT transferring to Louisville as a grad transfer than Mizzou.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:17 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm
I would expect to see Clayton Howell transfer. There is no reason that he should not be punting somewhere in 2020.
I'm not sure why an App fan would phrase it that way on an open forum. But to each his own. Howell certainly had a fine first season and I'm betting he's looking forward to competing against Subotsch in front of a new head coach.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 pm

No one has mentioned losing EJ Scott. That's the position I'm concerned about with unproven talent behind Blackstock/Earle. D Jackson had a fantastic year and will be even better next year. May have to win with offense early but this Defense has tons of potential.

Boroneer10

Unread post by Boroneer10 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Curious to see if Tommy Wright could step into a starting safety role as a freshman with Josh Thomas and Desmond Franklin graduating.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:13 pm

AppGrad78 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:17 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm
I would expect to see Clayton Howell transfer. There is no reason that he should not be punting somewhere in 2020.
I'm not sure why an App fan would phrase it that way on an open forum. But to each his own. Howell certainly had a fine first season and I'm betting he's looking forward to competing against Subotsch in front of a new head coach.
Howell is the better kicker IMO. He got hurt in fall camp and Link picked who was better at the time. Howell “All American” wins his job back next year.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:52 pm

AppState89 wrote:
CharleyHustle wrote:

I hope you are right, would love to see "ZT unleashed" and maybe a trick play that actually works. :D

One of the many aspects of the "coaching carousel" that gets lost is that a kid like ZT who (from an outsider's perspective) appears to be very hard working and does things the right way both on and off the field will now have to learn his 3rd new offense in as many years...just part of the ugly side of college sports.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”