Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

OFFICIAL: SHAWN CLARK HC

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Re: OFFICIAL: SHAWN CLARK HC

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:04 pm

Ok I have an idea what the statement means but does somebody want to explain “sandpaper that ass”? I know it’s something Shawn says. Being an old O lineman I’m just guessing it’s refereeing to a block that puts the other play on his backside.

HighPointApp

Unread post by HighPointApp » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:24 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:04 pm
Ok I have an idea what the statement means but does somebody want to explain “sandpaper that ass”? I know it’s something Shawn says. Being an old O lineman I’m just guessing it’s refereeing to a block that puts the other play on his backside.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17802&start=100

On page 6 of this thread. Listen to the audio clip which was posted to YouTube
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
I think it’s a reference to wiping another man’s ass with sandpaper instead of toilet paper and that it would not feel to good for that other man. Perhaps a more extreme action than skull dragging or road grading.

gsoappfan

Unread post by gsoappfan » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:53 pm

Simple black shirt
Appalachian “A”:on the front with the gold smoke that they use from the hype videos
“Sandpaper that ass” on the back in gold or white text

Asked the wife about making a shirt like this. She can't do the smoke but I think she is going to try to do the rest. :D

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:01 pm

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:04 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:24 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17802&start=100

On page 6 of this thread. Listen to the audio clip which was posted to YouTube
Yeah, I heard the clip, still not sure what it means.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
I think it’s a reference to wiping another man’s ass with sandpaper instead of toilet paper and that it would not feel to good for that other man. Perhaps a more extreme action than skull dragging or road grading.
Well, I really hope your wrong. But if your right I beg you guys, don’t put that on a T-shirt or a banner. That’s just wrong. I did consult google and didn’t get much. Looks like it could be used to say how bad you don’t want to do something. Like this, I would rather sandpaper that ass than graduate from GSU.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:08 pm
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:45 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Well, I really hope your wrong. But if your right I beg you guys, don’t put that on a T-shirt or a banner. That’s just wrong. I did consult google and didn’t get much. Looks like it could be used to say how bad you don’t want to do something. Like this, I would rather sandpaper that ass than graduate from GSU.
Ironically, you softer than charmin. Grow up, we're talking football here.

CharleyHustle

Unread post by CharleyHustle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:05 pm

I'm predicting a huge game for Zach Thomas in New Orleans. He just got the Most Outstanding Christmas Present of a lifetime. He's been freed from the chains Drink placed on him this year. We'll see the real ZT return in New Orleans after Shawn Clark lets him play, and the Most Outstanding Christmas Present will be followed by the Most Outstanding Player Award in the R & L Carrier New Orleans Bowl!!

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Football FB going live tomorrow at 4:30pm.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:08 pm

CharleyHustle wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:05 pm
I'm predicting a huge game for Zach Thomas in New Orleans. He just got the Most Outstanding Christmas Present of a lifetime. He's been freed from the chains Drink placed on him this year. We'll see the real ZT return in New Orleans after Shawn Clark lets him play, and the Most Outstanding Christmas Present will be followed by the Most Outstanding Player Award in the R & L Carrier New Orleans Bowl!!
Hate that Corey Sutton won't be out there. The chains were tightest on him. The greatest news about Clark being named HC would be the almost guarantee that Corey returns to the Black and Gold for his final season of College Football.
The Appalachian State

CharleyHustle

Unread post by CharleyHustle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:12 pm

And I think DE will be back as well. Hopefully he won't make the same mistake as Duck.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 pm

CharleyHustle wrote:
As someone said in an earlier thread: SET ZAC FREE!!!
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 pm

CharleyHustle wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:12 pm
And I think DE will be back as well. Hopefully he won't make the same mistake as Duck.
I mentioned it on another post, but I was inquiring about the Evans/NFL thing and him talking about and looking into his draft stock is just the type of guy he is. They suggested that even though he was doing that, there wasnt much in the way of doubt about him returning. Who knows.
The Appalachian State

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:26 pm

CLTneers wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:20 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:15 pm
appfanjj wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:06 pm
Is WF then a “must win” game as far as NY6 implications go?
If you want to have any real confidence, they're all "must win" games. Wisconsin would have some wiggle room but that is assuming no AAC team (or Boise State) has an undefeated or one loss team. Any loss technically opens the door wider for App to be passed. That's just our reality for now, but our stock is rising!
Boise's out of conference schedule next year:
- Georgia Southern (Home)
- Florida State (home)
- Marshall (away)
- BYU (home)

So Wake is most definitely a must win (NY6 wise)
Really hope that Florida State game is on ESPN or ABC at night. I don't care about the NWC, in general, but that game could be fun to watch.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:27 pm

Appsolutely wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:18 pm
CharleyHustle wrote:
As someone said in an earlier thread: SET ZAC FREE!!!
I mean, he scored 30+ touchdowns this year....

Lowcountry App

Unread post by Lowcountry App » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:54 pm

biggie wrote:
Football FB going live tomorrow at 4:30pm.
I got a FB notification that said 5:30pm.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:47 am

CharleyHustle wrote:
You are so correct. He was held down all year. I said this in another post, we will see ZT of last year in this bowl game. The chains have been taken off of him.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

NeerShark

Unread post by NeerShark » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:31 am

gsoappfan wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:53 pm
Simple black shirt
Appalachian “A”:on the front with the gold smoke that they use from the hype videos
“Sandpaper that ass” on the back in gold or white text

Asked the wife about making a shirt like this. She can't do the smoke but I think she is going to try to do the rest. :D
Does your wife have photoshop skills? I'd love a 'sAndpaper that ass' with block A. I'm going to NO and would love to get it on a sign.

Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to create it myself.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:11 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:42 pm
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:09 pm
Any chance that this hire and keeping DG has any influence on Darrynton’s decision to leave early?
Apparently the whole Darrynton thing is just Darrynton being Darrynton. He just talks outwardly about everything and that’s how it started circulating. Many think he doesn’t actually plan on leaving unless he gets some indication he would go high.
I can confirm he has put in paperwork with the advisory board. My buddy is one of the ones who has to write him and he told me today he will send 4th round on him. I'm 90% sure the NFL Advisory Board is not giving him a 1st or 2nd round grade. Keep in mind that with so many guys coming out that he could easily fall to 5th or 6th even if 4th was the value the whole committee comes up with.

Evans is going to be a good pro. He can run, catch, return kicks, and he has very good speed. He could help himself by coming back. I bet he would go in 2-3 if he comes back and stays healthy.

I think Drink leaving and having Clark actually may help him stay. From what I heard last he is 50/50. He will get a NFL Combine invite if he comes out but obviously would get one next year if he stays.
I can confirm Drinks offense was a primary reason for Evans thinking about going to NFL early. He was not a fan of the inside zone being the primary run scheme. He has no problem running between the tackles, but prefers that to be the alternate rather than primary - a la Christian McCaffrey.

If Clark's offense prefers the outside zone, I'd expect Evans to stay. But, flirting with the NFL already and seeing the dollar signs is hard to pass up.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”