Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

One last Drink post..I promise

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

One last Drink post..I promise

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:10 am

I know we need to move away from Drink, stop bashing him, etc. But...

Did anyone hear the ESPN show with Mike and Trey about 7:45? They played the soundbite (I have no idea how to get it and post it) from what I assume is Drink's introductory presser at Missouri. If I didn't know any better it was the exact same thing he said when he was introduced at App. He said that they have one stated goal, to win the Sunbelt (yes not SEC) East with yep, you guessed it..Integrity, class and academic excellence. Needless to say the boys on the show had fun with that one and talked about how Missouri should be able to win the Funbelt. That part I am not so sure of but I digress. Sorry Drink but that was priceless.

Appstrong

Re: One last Drink post..I promise

Unread post by Appstrong » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:57 am

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The way some of these coaches job-hop, it&#39;s inevitable.<br><br>-sound on- <a href="https://t.co/PiEAJrWbfN">https://t.co/P ... </p>&mdash; Keith Murphy (@MurphyKeith) <a href=" 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Overcashed

Unread post by Overcashed » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:28 am

With that team the way it currently sits I'm not sure Mizzo could win the Sun Belt.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:31 am

Appstrong wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:57 am
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The way some of these coaches job-hop, it&#39;s inevitable.<br><br>-sound on- <a href="https://t.co/PiEAJrWbfN">https://t.co/P ... </p>&mdash; Keith Murphy (@MurphyKeith) <a href=" 10, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No can of Mountain Dew.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:34 am

Overcashed wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:28 am
With that team the way it currently sits I'm not sure Mizzo could win the Sun Belt.
I'd say not because the Sun Belt Championship runs through Boone... :D

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:42 am

Too bad the entire speech isn't available. I would bet it would be deja vu all over again.

lillycafe

Unread post by lillycafe » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:20 am

Goal_ASU.jpeg
The exact thing in the team room at Appalachian State!!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:49 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:10 am

Did anyone hear the ESPN show with Mike and Trey about 7:45? They played the soundbite (I have no idea how to get it and post it) from what I assume is Drink's introductory presser at Missouri. If I didn't know any better it was the exact same thing he said when he was introduced at App. He said that they have one stated goal, to win the Sunbelt (yes not SEC) East with yep, you guessed it..Integrity, class and academic excellence. Needless to say the boys on the show had fun with that one and talked about how Missouri should be able to win the Funbelt. That part I am not so sure of but I digress. Sorry Drink but that was priceless.
To give you some context, he was looking at the paper when he said Sun Belt. I'd bet that it was the same exact sheet he had his statements written on last season and he forgot to make the change of Sun Belt to SEC.

I also like how when he did correct himself, he said SEC East, because he knows he ain't beating the West. I also like how at the end he said, "and yes, I did just do that". Not we, not they, not anything he preached and harped on all season. He said "I".

That would bother me more than any of this other crap that's been thrown around about stepping stone and integrity.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:01 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:49 am
bigdaddyg wrote:

To give you some context, he was looking at the paper when he said Sun Belt. I'd bet that it was the same exact sheet he had his statements written on last season and he forgot to make the change of Sun Belt to SEC.

I also like how when he did correct himself, he said SEC East, because he knows he ain't beating the West. I also like how at the end he said, "and yes, I did just do that". Not we, not they, not anything he preached and harped on all season. He said "I".

That would bother me more than any of this other crap that's been thrown around about stepping stone and integrity.
Come on Ericsaid you have to give the man some credit. At least he didn't say that Missouri is a top 25 program and not a stepping stone job!! Next year when they go 4-8 and he is on that list of hot coaches and Ohio State or Michigan comes open...oh never mind.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:35 pm

ericsaid wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

I took his comment about "I did just do that" as a reference to his verbal gaff (saying Sunbelt rather than SEC) not as a reference to accomplishments.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:38 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:35 pm
ericsaid wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

I took his comment about "I did just do that" as a reference to his verbal gaff (saying Sunbelt rather than SEC) not as a reference to accomplishments.
Someone in the audience actually said "He just did that" before he then said " I just did that." I think his statement was in response to the first statement. Let's not read ill intent into everything he says or does.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:47 pm

I think I read it was the AD that spoke up but it was like in a joking manner because it was just an obvious gaffe...after all the Sun Belt Conference Championship was his primary goal for the past year and he had just joined Mizzou's staff.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:59 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:42 am
Too bad the entire speech isn't available. I would bet it would be deja vu all over again.
It's still available on ESPN.com for full video replay if you're a subscriber to the SEC Network through your cable package or otherwise. The intro portion was amazing...smoke, strobe lights, roll-up garage doors...walking out onto the field, up through the stands (past cheerleaders), glancing at his name on the big scoreboard, and into the lounge where the band fired up and the show began. Good stuff! :lol:

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

Someone in the front row, as he was speaking, said "You just did that" following the statement, "our stated goal is to win the Sun Belt, erm, the SEC East with class, integrity, and academic excellence. To this. his response was "I did just do that". So it wasn't in response to the gaffe, it was him saying he just won the Sun Belt with "class, integrity, and academic excellence". Proper word choice would've been "We" or "they".

But what do I know?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:33 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:13 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

Someone in the front row, as he was speaking, said "You just did that" following the statement, "our stated goal is to win the Sun Belt, erm, the SEC East with class, integrity, and academic excellence. To this. his response was "I did just do that". So it wasn't in response to the gaffe, it was him saying he just won the Sun Belt with "class, integrity, and academic excellence". Proper word choice would've been "We" or "they".

But what do I know?
The person said "He just did that." To which he responded "Jim's right...I just did that."

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:03 pm

What he did not do was win a bowl game and I hope SC and the boys get that goal for the seniors.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:25 pm

This is getting ridiculous people. He's gone, let's move on.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 pm

ericsaid wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

It probably was the same sheet. He probably carries it in his pocket so it is handy when he needs it :lol:
I'm sorry, no more. I need to go back to work.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 pm

ericsaid wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

It probably was the same sheet. He probably carries it in his pocket so it is handy when he needs it :lol:
I'm sorry, no more. I need to go back to work.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:54 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

Exactly. I got a kick out of all the people who thought he was saying he won the Sunbelt.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”