Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

FB Coaching Roster Changes? Not so many as of 1 PM Friday

asu66
School: Appalachian State

FB Coaching Roster Changes? Not so many as of 1 PM Friday

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:11 pm

Small matter perhaps, but...

I've read a handful of posts during this week about this coach or that coach who is "gone" to Mizzou and their names have already been taken off the official APP FB website coaching roster. Well, the truth is that as of 1 PM (Friday), the only changes that have been made to the official roster are that DRINK has been removed and Clark has had "Interim Head Coach" added to his title.

Harbison, Link and Smith have not been taken down. I don't question that they have accepted offers and are as-much-as-gone, but right this minute, they are right where they've been all season--firmly embedded in the coaching staff web pages. I dunno why someone would report otherwise.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

T-Dog

Re: FB Coaching Roster Changes? Not so many as of 1 PM Friday

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:25 pm

asu66 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:11 pm
Small matter perhaps, but...

I've read a handful of posts during this week about this coach or that coach who is "gone" to Mizzou and their names have already been taken off the official APP FB website coaching roster. Well, the truth is that as of 1 PM (Friday), the only changes that have been made to the official roster are that DRINK has been removed and Clark has had "Interim Head Coach" added to his title.

Harbison, Link and Smith have not been taken down. I don't question that they have accepted offers and are as-much-as-gone, but right this minute, they are right where they've been all season--firmly embedded in the coaching staff web pages. I dunno why someone would report otherwise.
I think they're reported because they have happened already. Probably just means our website is behind with all the changes. DJ Smith, Link, and Haribison are all gone

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:25 pm

Cheese and Link are both on MU website.
WE ARE YOSEF!

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:38 pm

That wasn't my question at all. I've seen a MIZZOU video of all three in a Coumbia, MO restaurant having a late dinner with Drink last night.

My question is why more than one person reported here on YC that their names had already been removed from he official App roster as of last night when, in fact, it still hadn't been done as of 1 PM today! It's a small matter, but it wasn't factual. Why would someone make it up? Just thought it was strange; that's all.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:40 pm

Lol

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:59 pm

asu66 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:38 pm
That wasn't my question at all. I've seen a MIZZOU video of all three in a Coumbia, MO restaurant having a late dinner with Drink last night.

My question is why more than one person reported here on YC that their names had already been removed from he official App roster as of last night when, in fact, it still hadn't been done as of 1 PM today! It's a small matter, but it wasn't factual. Why would someone make it up? Just thought it was strange; that's all.
I did not report it but can tell you when I looked yesterday morning or the night before that they had been removed.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:00 pm

Garrett Riley and Watt are Game Planning for UAB.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:10 pm

Clark said all coaches are staying through bowl game. Maybe that's why they're still on our sight. I thought they had been removed too.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:16 pm

That's the way I understand it.Makes sense for everyone.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:23 pm

I think schools like going after our staff because we have a similar color scheme and it's easy to photoshop their school's logos over the "A".

I noticed that last year with LU and Satt and noticed that already this year with Mizzou and our dearly departed.

Appalachman

Unread post by Appalachman » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:53 pm

Link and Harbison were off the website a while. They were restored, perhaps after committing to stay thru bowl. DJ and these two will leave and maybe doing some mix of both with App game but Zoo recruiting.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:07 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:00 pm
Garrett Riley and Watt are Game Planning for UAB.
Watts responded to an email I sent him on Wednesday and said he was working on the UAB game plan.

CharleyHustle

Unread post by CharleyHustle » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:56 pm

We are about to learn the real story behind Ted Roof. If Drink takes him to Mizzou, he really believes in his ability to get the job done and we are free and clear. If he leaves him behind it means he knows he cannot get the job done, and it will be up to Coach Clark to move beyond him and choose an outstanding, young defensive coordinator to lead our excellent defensive talent into the future.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:07 pm

CharleyHustle wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:56 pm
We are about to learn the real story behind Ted Roof. If Drink takes him to Mizzou, he really believes in his ability to get the job done and we are free and clear. If he leaves him behind it means he knows he cannot get the job done, and it will be up to Coach Clark to move beyond him and choose an outstanding, young defensive coordinator to lead our excellent defensive talent into the future.
What if Ted Roof decides he likes App and wants to stay (and coach his son here while he is at it). I assume that is a possibility and App would be fortunate to have him say...in my opinion

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:14 pm

CharleyHustle wrote:
I don't agree with that at all. Drink hired Roof due to his experience and to give guidance to a first time head coach. Drink is already keeping the current Mizzou DC. I would wager that if he doesn't take Roof with him it is because in his arrogance no longer thinks he needs the tutelage.
WE ARE YOSEF!

CharleyHustle

Unread post by CharleyHustle » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:22 pm

Ted Roof likes every job he's ever been able to get. The problem is he's never been more than mediocre at any of them. He's been fired time after time. Check his record and you'll see. App and Coach Clark can do soooo
much better.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:57 am

CharleyHustle wrote:
I am not sure what your issue is with Ted Roof but I am pretty sure you never actually played the game or any sport at the collegiate level. Coaches don't last as long as Ted Roof has if they don't know what they are doing. If you can't see the job that he has done with our defense than you really don't know much about football and should keep your opinions to yourself. Just listen to any of our defensive guys talk about what a great coach he is and open your eyes to the fact that you were just wrong about his hire. This guy has achieved a higher level of success in his field than 99% of the people in this country. Please, find me another coach in Apps illustrious history that has a FBS National Title as a Defensive Coordinator. The guy knows what he is doing, youth isn't always the best option. Just look at what Coach Moore did for us, and he was no spring chicken.

General Moore

Unread post by General Moore » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 am

Ted Roof did our defensive guys wrong this year.
The stats are there to overwhelmingly prove it. End of story.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sc ... /2018.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sc ... /2019.html

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:32 am

General Moore wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:06 am
Ted Roof did our defensive guys wrong this year.
The stats are there to overwhelmingly prove it. End of story.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sc ... /2018.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/sc ... /2019.html
"Overwhelming" is a bit much. Using those same stats this years team played a much tougher SOS(93 v. 110) but our SRS was better. We gave up more points this year, 62 to be exact which works out to 4.7 across 13 games. But we only scored 27 more points this year or 2.07 across 13 games. So yes statistically this years defense was not as dominant. Take away that Charlotte debacle and I bet the results are closer to last year. Let's also not gloss over the fact that Drink routinely refused to play offense in the second half of games forcing our defense into some precarious positions. Lastly this was year 1 in a new system with a new voice in the room and I think our guys played admirably. The defense isn't why we lost to GaSo but it is damn sure the reason we won quite a few games to include that game down in Chapel Hill, Columbia, and Lafayette. I know some here don't like the man but some of the things said are a bit much. No matter who our DC is next year they are going to have a wealth of talent to work with and we can do a lot worse than Roof.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”