Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Moving Back to FCS????

YesAppCan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Moving Back to FCS????

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 am

Appsolutely wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:37 am
InFor6More wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:43 pm
My friends asked if I knew for a fact that we would never win more than seven games during a season over the next twenty years, would I rather go back to FCS if I knew we would win multiple national titles?
What are your thoughts on this hypothetical?
Is that you, Roachel?
Alex, I'll take "Chris For The Winner for $1000."

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:51 am

A more realistic discussion is do you think we will ever win fewer than 7 games in the next 20 years...and when is the SEC going to send us an invite?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:56 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:38 am
Appsolutely wrote:
InFor6More wrote:
My friends asked if I knew for a fact that we would never win more than seven games during a season over the next twenty years, would I rather go back to FCS if I knew we would win multiple national titles?
Is that you, Roachel?
I'm glad we have a younger fan base (those under 25) who probably don't know who he is and many in their late 20s up to early 30s probably don't know him either. That man was a cancer on the butt of App State. I'm gladly we finally got him out. If he were still AD we never would have won those titles, beat Michigan, or be where we are now. We would be prepping to play Samford, Western Carolina, Campbell, Mercer, Furman, and to get our brains beat in by a P5 powerhouse for money every year. Thank goodness that awful era is behind us.

And I'm not exaggerating to you younger fans. He literally said while AD he never wanted the YC to surpass 1M in donations and was happy playing in the Southern Conference. He did not think we could compete at the I-A/FBS level. I sometimes wonder what he thinks now. LOL

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Why can’t we let stupid threads die unanswered deaths.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:22 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:56 pm
YesAppCan wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
InFor6More wrote:
Is that you, Roachel?
I'm glad we have a younger fan base (those under 25) who probably don't know who he is and many in their late 20s up to early 30s probably don't know him either. That man was a cancer on the butt of App State. I'm gladly we finally got him out. If he were still AD we never would have won those titles, beat Michigan, or be where we are now. We would be prepping to play Samford, Western Carolina, Campbell, Mercer, Furman, and to get our brains beat in by a P5 powerhouse for money every year. Thank goodness that awful era is behind us.

And I'm not exaggerating to you younger fans. He literally said while AD he never wanted the YC to surpass 1M in donations and was happy playing in the Southern Conference. He did not think we could compete at the I-A/FBS level. I sometimes wonder what he thinks now. LOL
And Bork had his back. Thank God for Peacock and the two guys on the UNC Board of Governors whose names I don't recall. If not for them, we'd be opening up with Ashemore Business College next year.
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:26 pm

InFor6More wrote:
Genuine Mountaineers don't waste much time delving into hypotheticals. We're too busy living and working in the real world. Once you get a real job and move out of Mom's basement you won't have time to run down every rabbit hole chasing conjecture, wild imagination, indeterminate speculation and unconfirmed rumor. If you do, you're career as a panhandler will shortly be launched unless Mom and Dad come through with a trust fund for ya. :roll:
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:27 pm

Just Say No.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:34 pm

Appsolutely wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:22 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
InFor6More wrote:
Is that you, Roachel?

And Bork had his back. Thank God for Peacock and the two guys on the UNC Board of Governors whose names I don't recall. If not for them, we'd be opening up with Ashemore Business College next year.
Can't forget about Bork, either. You are probably right. I'm sure we would have opened up them or Lenoir-Rhyne and Charlotte would be our big brother who we just hope we could pull an upset over. Peacock stepped up in a big way. I feel like he should be in the App Athletics Hall of Fame. Without his vision back then I don't think we end up where we are.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:14 pm

Appsolutely wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
InFor6More wrote:
Is that you, Roachel?

This thread was worth it just to see Ashemore Business College again. It’s just missing a reference to Chancellor Toot.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:30 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
InFor6More wrote:
Is that you, Roachel?

OMG, that guy was a clown. He lacked the ability to see the big picture. I’ve seen him around over the years. He is right where he belongs, being involved with high school athletics.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:03 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:30 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:
InFor6More wrote:
Is that you, Roachel?

OMG, that guy was a clown. He lacked the ability to see the big picture. I’ve seen him around over the years. He is right where he belongs, being involved with high school athletics.
If I was AD I would not have even allowed him to come on the field with the chamber of commerce at a game. Laney should not be welcome anywhere on campus, period. He was never an ambassador and never tried to help build our program. We have always been a winning program but we have won so much more without him.

AppState1

Unread post by AppState1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:18 am

There is no need to disparage the Fighting Stenographers.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:03 am
appstatealum wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:

Is that you, Roachel?

If I was AD I would not have even allowed him to come on the field with the chamber of commerce at a game. Laney should not be welcome anywhere on campus, period. He was never an ambassador and never tried to help build our program. We have always been a winning program but we have won so much more without him.
When he was introduced, I started booing. The guy next to me, who wasn’t paying attention during the time out, asked why I was booing. I pointed and told him that Roach was on the field, and he too started to boo. Fun times.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NashvilleNeer

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:18 am

InFor6More wrote:
not in a million years. i could care less about watching FCS games anymore. Everyone that was good year in and year out has moved up, so it's not even close to the same it was 15 years ago.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:49 am

I really am not sure that I would follow App anymore in football if we went down to FCS. When you have climbed the mountain, it is hard to get excited over hiking up a molehill. I would still love the black and gold and I am sure I would check scores and read some stats but no way it would be the same commitment. It might more closely resemble my rooting for the track and field team, I want them to win, wish them the best, will read an article if it gets posted about them but I am not going out of my way to find viewing services where I can watch them actually compete. Watching FCS games to me is like watching grass grow, too dull and boring to keep my interest. It really isn't the same game.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:57 am

AppinVA wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:03 am
appstatealum wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:

When he was introduced, I started booing. The guy next to me, who wasn’t paying attention during the time out, asked why I was booing. I pointed and told him that Roach was on the field, and he too started to boo. Fun times.
I was hoping the crowd in masses would boo and point at him. With all he did to our program he seriously should not be allowed in the stadium. He fought for years to prevent what is going on now. He wanted control over everything. He came off as a nice person at first but was mean and really inept.

IM4ASU

Unread post by IM4ASU » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:02 pm

I've known Laney since he was Yosef Director back in the 70's. I've had more than one run-in with him over the years. He was a "Can't Do" type of guy along with his sidekick Mark Drip. Couldn't believe out of 109 thousand people at the Michigan game he sat directly in front of me. Not only did he not have socks on that day, he didn't have a shirt on. He's a piece of work for sure.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:24 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:14 pm
Appsolutely wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:
Appsolutely wrote:

Is that you, Roachel?

This thread was worth it just to see Ashemore Business College again. It’s just missing a reference to Chancellor Toot.
And Toot would take a snoot.
How about this oldie goldie: That Winston-Salem Crowd
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

IM4ASU

Unread post by IM4ASU » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Appsolutely wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:24 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:14 pm
Appsolutely wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
YesAppCan wrote:

And Toot would take a snoot.
How about this oldie goldie: That Winston-Salem Crowd
Looking at my "Official Member - That Winston-Salem Crowd" badge right now!

shortfatoldapp

Unread post by shortfatoldapp » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:26 pm

CAN WE REMOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”