Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Why I Love App State Football & College Football

HighPointApp
School: Appalachian State

Why I Love App State Football & College Football

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:14 pm

App State reason #1 -

College football reason #1 -

There have been a lot of tears in college football the past few days. Lots of passion for this game. That’s why we all love it, live it and breathe it.

Safe journey to New Orleans, App State players, coaches, support staff, administrators, fans and alumni. Cheer loud and cheer proud.

Go Apps!!
#SPTA
Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

MAD Doctor

Re: Why I Love App State Football & College Football

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:11 pm

There is magic on the mountain for sure. but we can’t become complacent now. Every alum and fan need to make a contribution of any size to the Yosef Club, and let’s break the record for season tickets. There is no limit to what DG and our football program can accomplish with ALL of our support!
Go App!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:22 pm

Yep. It’s more than football in college.
The Appalachian State

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:34 pm

MAD Doctor wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:11 pm
There is magic on the mountain for sure. but we can’t become complacent now. Every alum and fan need to make a contribution of any size to the Yosef Club, and let’s break the record for season tickets. There is no limit to what DG and our football program can accomplish with ALL of our support!
Go App!
I'm with you on the Yosef Club contribution, but I think I'm done buying season tickets. Long trip for me and lodging is a must every game because I live so far away. Adds up after awhile, and with three kids it makes it tough
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:02 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:34 pm
MAD Doctor wrote:
Go App!
I'm with you on the Yosef Club contribution, but I think I'm done buying season tickets. Long trip for me and lodging is a must every game because I live so far away. Adds up after awhile, and with three kids it makes it tough
Understand, do what you can when you can. 👍

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:05 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Go App!
Could we do something like IPTAY......Clemson

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 am

MAD Doctor wrote:
Go App!

How long does it take you to get to Boone?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:59 am

appgrad2010 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 am
MAD Doctor wrote:
Go App!

It depends. If I come solo about 5.5 hours. If I bring my two boys then of course we have to stop more for bathroom breaks. Plus you never know what traffic Interstate 81 has in store, and that's the road I spend most of the driving. I've done the day round trip before, but between Roanoke and Winchester I didn't remember much when I got home other than I had to be woke up by the rumble strips many times.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:59 am
appgrad2010 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:18 am
MAD Doctor wrote:
Go App!

It depends. If I come solo about 5.5 hours. If I bring my two boys then of course we have to stop more for bathroom breaks. Plus you never know what traffic Interstate 81 has in store, and that's the road I spend most of the driving. I've done the day round trip before, but between Roanoke and Winchester I didn't remember much when I got home other than I had to be woke up by the rumble strips many times.
Love your passion man.
The Appalachian State

ASU85Grad

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:32 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:05 am
MAD Doctor wrote:
Go App!
I like the idea. From what I have read it stands for "I pay thirty a year". This was an amount years ago that most people could afford and they became part of Clemson football. Yosef 2020. Small enough that even high school kids could join and get a neat decal for their car. Anything to increase membership and get more people involved. What other ideas are out there?

Apptiger

Unread post by Apptiger » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:54 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:14 pm
App State reason #1 -

College football reason #1 -

There have been a lot of tears in college football the past few days. Lots of passion for this game. That’s why we all love it, live it and breathe it.

Safe journey to New Orleans, App State players, coaches, support staff, administrators, fans and alumni. Cheer loud and cheer proud.

Go Apps!!
#SPTA
Those of you that know me know I married into an LSU family and one of my kids went to school there. I split time between here and an LSU board. It's amazing how close some of the general football thought matches on both sites. I logged in here and saw someone calling for Heisman voters voting rights be taken because Jeaux Burreaux wasn't listed on their ballot. Logged in over there and saw the exact same thread.

Suffice to say, It's been the best year ever. Hoping the Tigers can finish strong and the Apps skull Drag UAB.

Give'em Hell Apps!
Geaux Tigers!
Yes, the Apps come first!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:24 pm

ASU85Grad wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:32 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:05 am
MAD Doctor wrote:
Go App!
I like the idea. From what I have read it stands for "I pay thirty a year". This was an amount years ago that most people could afford and they became part of Clemson football. Yosef 2020. Small enough that even high school kids could join and get a neat decal for their car. Anything to increase membership and get more people involved. What other ideas are out there?
I was told by a Clemson grad that it’s $10/year....I see the stickers all over the place

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:31 pm

We need to sell 5 dollar tickets to basketball until we have demand and then raise them With demand. I think we still teach that in the Walker School of Business. AND for goodness sakes let the students sit on the sidelines until we have demand for the side seats. Let them have some fun with some decent seats.

I would not have attended basketball games when I was at school if I had to sit behind the goal.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:49 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:31 pm
We need to sell 5 dollar tickets to basketball until we have demand and then raise them With demand. I think we still teach that in the Walker School of Business. AND for goodness sakes let the students sit on the sidelines until we have demand for the side seats. Let them have some fun with some decent seats.

I would not have attended basketball games when I was at school if I had to sit behind the goal.
Going to have to admit that I haven’t been to a b ball game since I was in school. The students should have the best seats. This should be a thing at App in general just like it is for football.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 am

Students should be on the sidelines.

Playing off the Clemson IPTAY model... Here’s an idea for a sticker...

IGATAPP = I give annually to Appalachian.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:08 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 am

Can't have something with GATA in the middle. Nope, no way, can't go there, we're not the stink.

appaneer1984

Unread post by appaneer1984 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:09 am

IGTSPTA = I Give To Sand Paper That Ass
I just come for what peace I can find | The spirit ever lingers in a song | And the mountain's gonna sing this song for me |Rock me off to sleep

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:43 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:08 am
Appstate88 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:42 am

Can't have something with GATA in the middle. Nope, no way, can't go there, we're not the stink.
Agree with you....What’s your recommendation?
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:54 am

I like the Yosef Club. Just send out packages for small dollar amounts to try to get more people involved. Give them $10, $25, $50, $75 levels.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”