Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

That “Head Coach feel”

PoplarHillApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: That “Head Coach feel”

Unread post by PoplarHillApp » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:12 pm

New football chant:

Sunflower! Sunflower! Sunflower! SPIT!

MOUNTAINEERS! MOUNTAINEERS! WE ARE IT!!!!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:25 pm

PoplarHillApp wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:46 pm
Who cares as long as we are winning?
The best marketing!!
WE ARE YOSEF!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Bombs over Baghdad
Sandpaper that ass
Spit those seeds

I just stopped to eat on my way back from Nawleans and can't believe this thread was 5 pages long. I read it while upon the porcelain throne, and I'll leave it here and flush.
The Appalachian State

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:56 pm

TheAppalachianState wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:12 pm
Why is thread post revolving around just the spitting? I make one comment about it and every trailer park boy comes out to cry about it... I tried to turn it more towards the actual point of the thread, which is App states market presence and maybe get some ideas going for 2020. Which heavily involves the HC for creating excitement for players, future recruits, etc...

This is my last comment lol, it’s like talking about to the insufferably bad side of a fan base, good lord
No matter how good your intentions are, you are not going to “build the brand” if you belittle and insult everyone who disagrees with you and disregard every post that does not fit your agenda. Your premise isn’t even timely. The day after his first game is not the time to break down his look or sideline demeanor. Halfway through next season, maybe. But, not now.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:26 pm

Being a boomer I take offense at being identified as a gentrified out of touch PC group. I’ll have you know I had hair(long gone) down on my shoulders, listened to Ozzie Iron Butterfly and LZ (today Greta Van Fleet) and still know how to flash a peace sign while torping a Busch. Don’t be ragging on Boomers! I don’t care if Coach has a chew or a dip or a nose ring and wears a leisure suit( well maybe that is too far) as long as he teaches these young men to be good people and kick ass on the field.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:35 pm

Rah Rah Ree!
Spit on their knee!
Rah Rah Rass!
Sandpaper their other knee!

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:51 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:19 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:07 pm
I didn't even notice him spitting. Maybe because it just doesn't matter.
It clearly mattered to some folks or they wouldn't have commented. It's obviously not a deal breaker as there are other matters that certainly rank much higher on the head coaching scale. But, for the record, it was annoying to me. People can disagree and say its irrelevant and to them it is. It doesn't make it irrelevant to those who were bothered by it. I'm not a fan of public spitting whether its Willie Fritz or anyone else.

It doesn't make me less a fan of his hire or my support for him. If he runs a successful, clean program that wins the right way, that's what will matter most. Based on his track record, there is every reason to believe he will.
Yes! I don’t think spitting will have any bearing on win or lose But it’s something I don’t find appealing. I’ve spit we’ve all spit. I don’t spit in public. But maybe there are people who don’t mind stepping in a fresh pile of spit at the gas pump. I don’t know. I am however 110% on the Coach Clark wagon spitting or not and ready for next season.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Love this Coach!!!!!

Spit all you want Coach! Glad to see some old school culture instead of pansy ass PC's wearing visors......Gitter Done! Add some nicotine variety to that spit.....keep ya calm and rational make good decisions.

Jerry Moore was legend and you can become one too......do it your way pal
KICK ASS!!!

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:12 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:58 pm
If he wins games, loves the school, loves the players, and sticks around.... He could stand out there naked yelling obscenities, for all I care!
Then you would dig Jason Brown.

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:23 pm

PoplarHillApp wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:12 pm
New football chant:

Sunflower! Sunflower! Sunflower! SPIT!

MOUNTAINEERS! MOUNTAINEERS! WE ARE IT!!!!!

Georgia Southern

They ain’t s—-!!!!!

I think you’re on to something

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:38 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:00 pm
Love this Coach!!!!!

Spit all you want Coach! Glad to see some old school culture instead of pansy ass PC's wearing visors......Gitter Done! Add some nicotine variety to that spit.....keep ya calm and rational make good decisions.

Jerry Moore was legend and you can become one too......do it your way pal
THIS!

I can't believe this "issue" is being brought up with our fanbase, of all fanbases. I will quote "issue" though because I thinks there's probably like 10 Appfans who gave this a second thought out of all Appnation. Those 10 people must be miserable.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:42 pm

There once was a school called stink
That perfected the art of slinking
Oh they tried so hard
But they still smelled like a “tard”
And that’s why they get flushed down the Sink

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:33 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:31 am
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:16 am
I don’t know how many of you live by this old saying, maybe it depends on the line of work, but I don’t think that matters so much: When you look good, you feel good. When you feel good, you sell better.

This is more than just the “analysis” of Clark, I like Shawn Clark as a person and as a coach. As previously mentioned, he’s passionate about our school and really wants us to succeed, I can get on board with that.

Maybe we have a bunch of geezers on this board that don’t understand the importance of leveraging our position to benefit us in the future, but selling the University on a certain look/feel falls right in line with the where we are trying to go, up.
" a bunch of geezers" ? Here is some advise from one of those " geezers " who has run businesses for many years. Go take a break and come back when you have attained some maturity.
OK boomer
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:09 pm

Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:12 pm
Why is thread post revolving around just the spitting? I make one comment about it and every trailer park boy comes out to cry about it... I tried to turn it more towards the actual point of the thread, which is App states market presence and maybe get some ideas going for 2020. Which heavily involves the HC for creating excitement for players, future recruits, etc...

This is my last comment lol, it’s like talking about to the insufferably bad side of a fan base, good lord
Swear to god, and hope to die?.....

RunawayJM

Unread post by RunawayJM » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:03 am

I liked the hoodie and hat combo and didn’t even notice the spitting.

What was even more impressive is that he held things together after we got down 14-0 early and couldn’t move the ball. After everything our team has been through the past month, that could have really gotten bad for a first time coach. He never waivered and the team responded.

StorminASU

Unread post by StorminASU » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:45 am

RunawayJM wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:03 am

What was even more impressive is that he held things together after we got down 14-0 early and couldn’t move the ball. After everything our team has been through the past month, that could have really gotten bad for a first time coach. He never waivered and the team responded.
Now THIS is the right thing to takeaway from Shawn's first outing as head coach.

NashvilleNeer

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:24 am

Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:53 am
You can obviously tell Shawn Clark is popular with the players.

But, not gonna lie, little weird seeing the HC in a hoodie, baseball cap, and spitting that much.

To me, the HC job isn’t important just for playcalling, but making the University look good, cool, and badass. I hope to feel like Clark is moving towards that, time shall tell.

For now, great win, great finish, let’s enjoy the rest of the bowl season and then get ready for 2020!
No.... You know what builds our "brand"? winning. winning is all that matters at the end of the day. Plenty of coaches spit and wear hoodies. This is such a Colin Cowherd thought.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:24 am

StorminASU wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:45 am
RunawayJM wrote:

Now THIS is the right thing to takeaway from Shawn's first outing as head coach.
I'm of the opinion that App beat UAB soundly. Watching the first two drives, my initial reaction was "UAB wasn't supposed to be passing the ball. App has safeties up in the box to stop the run and that makes sense to me. UAB can't complete those passes around Jolly and Jean Charles all game long and will eventually have to try running." What ended up happening? UAB ran the ball for 40 yards on 30 carries. App had 6 sacks. App had a defensive touchdown.

The environment of the game itself was lacking which is why I'm looking forward to Cure moving to ESPN and the Myrtle Beach Bowl opening next season, but the game itself went about how every other game App played against a decent team went.

Side note: if both App and Coastal are Bowl Eligible, would the Myrtle Beach bowl still pick App? App would easily bring more fans down and to the game than Coastal would.

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:27 am

ericsaid wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:24 am
StorminASU wrote:
RunawayJM wrote:

I'm of the opinion that App beat UAB soundly. Watching the first two drives, my initial reaction was "UAB wasn't supposed to be passing the ball. App has safeties up in the box to stop the run and that makes sense to me. UAB can't complete those passes around Jolly and Jean Charles all game long and will eventually have to try running." What ended up happening? UAB ran the ball for 40 yards on 30 carries. App had 6 sacks. App had a defensive touchdown.

The environment of the game itself was lacking which is why I'm looking forward to Cure moving to ESPN and the Myrtle Beach Bowl opening next season, but the game itself went about how every other game App played against a decent team went.

Side note: if both App and Coastal are Bowl Eligible, would the Myrtle Beach bowl still pick App? App would easily bring more fans down and to the game than Coastal would.
Coastal is in the SBC East with us. Do they match fellow division teammates in the same bowl? I’d love to have a bowl game close to Charlotte

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:29 am

Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:27 am
ericsaid wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:24 am
StorminASU wrote:
RunawayJM wrote:

Coastal is in the SBC East with us. Do they match fellow division teammates in the same bowl? I’d love to have a bowl game close to Charlotte
I think the suggestion is not that they would pair two SBC teams but rather who would they rather have playing in that game, us or Coastal.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”