Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Dale Jones At The Dome

HkyMtneer
School: Appalachian State

Dale Jones At The Dome

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:07 am

I don't know if it means anything but Dale Jones was at the game tonight...sat a couple of rows in front of me. Was wearing an App hat and paid darn close attention to the game...

AppStFan1

Re: Dale Jones At The Dome

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:40 am

Well he has family from App but not shocked. I have heard he may come back. Don't know if it is a done deal yet but I would imagine if so we will hear it this week or early next week. Anyone hear anything more concrete?

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:42 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:07 am
I don't know if it means anything but Dale Jones was at the game tonight...sat a couple of rows in front of me. Was wearing an App hat and paid darn close attention to the game...
We spotted him too. I was in the next section over.
The Appalachian State

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:44 am

Also Jordan Fehr who is one of our more vocal leaders and better defensive players on our team was playing his last game. Wouldn’t put too much stock into it although I would love to see him back. But I think this is was more to see players last games

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:48 am

Dale is and will always be close to our program. Wherever he might be. You might even say that he’s married to it.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:52 am

I have on good word he was there to watch his former players play their last games...

I also have on good word he is interested in coming back.

I also have on good word these two are not correlated at all and he would have been there with or without any kind of interest.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppUSMC

Unread post by AppUSMC » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:02 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:48 am
Dale is and will always be close to our program. Wherever he might be. You might even say that he’s married to it.
I don’t know how many people got that but that’s pretty clever wordsmithing!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:58 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:52 am
I have on good word he was there to watch his former players play their last games...

I also have on good word these two are not correlated at all and he would have been there with or without any kind of interest.
He wants to come back and the married to it comment by Stonewall is a big reason for it. Dale also misses App I'm sure. I know of several instances where coaches who left us later told their friends they wished they had stayed.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:07 pm

AppUSMC wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:02 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:48 am
I don’t know how many people got that but that’s pretty clever wordsmithing!
It happens , thank you and thank you for your sacrifice.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:07 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:58 pm
AppStateNews wrote:

He wants to come back and the married to it comment by someone else is a big reason for it. Dale also misses App I'm sure. I know of several instances where coaches who left us later told their friends they wished they had stayed.
Someone?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:44 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:07 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:58 pm
AppStateNews wrote:

He wants to come back and the married to it comment by Stonewall is a big reason for it. Dale also misses App I'm sure. I know of several instances where coaches who left us later told their friends they wished they had stayed.
Someone?
Haha sorry I was typing quick. Corrected it!

Mountaineers89

Unread post by Mountaineers89 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:33 pm

Says he is coming back.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:15 pm

At the risk of getting skewered over this comment, my hope is that we don't just make this an App State reunion. I love loyalty and people with a strong love for App, but I certainly want the best of the best we can get for open positions, not just what we are comfortable with. Not a swipe at Jones as I know he was liked and good, just hoping Clark is looking nationally for great coaches. Let the bash begin.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:17 pm

AppDub wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:15 pm
At the risk of getting skewered over this comment, my hope is that we don't just make this an App State reunion. I love loyalty and people with a strong love for App, but I certainly want the best of the best we can get for open positions, not just what we are comfortable with. Not a swipe at Jones as I know he was liked and good, just hoping Clark is looking nationally for great coaches. Let the bash begin.
As far as linebacker coaches go, it doesn't get much better. If Roof and Jones are both coaching linebackers, you'd have one of the best tandems in the G5, if not most of the country.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:20 pm

I like Jones in that capacity and agree he and Roof together will make a great tandem. Just speaking as an overall approach.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:19 pm

AppDub wrote:
Not gonna bash. You make a good point. I am super happy about Dale Jones coming back. He’s proven himself to be a national caliber lb coach, so best if both worlds...a guy that’s really good and really wants to be here. Not gonna lie, I’m not real happy yo hear that we’re losing Ted Roof. I’m going to be a bit apprehensive if Jones will be taking his place as OC. Last time he held that job, it wasn’t exactly a success. But several years have passed and maybe he’s better prepared for the job. In the end, all we can do is trust that Coach Clark will assemble a staff that will help him succeed.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:21 pm

AppDub wrote:
I agree with this point but I don’t take Jones coming back to suggest otherwise, as long as it’s not as DC. I would like to see a couple more “App guys” on staff, especially with DJ leaving. But I also hope to see an influx of new viewpoints too.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:24 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:21 pm
AppDub wrote:
I agree with this point but I don’t take Jones coming back to suggest otherwise, as long as it’s not as DC. I would like to see a couple more “App guys” on staff, especially with DJ leaving. But I also hope to see an influx of new viewpoints too.
We definitely need a mix of guys with App ties and outsiders. Culture needs to stay strong and infuse some new ideas and creativity from outside places.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:28 pm

I would like (If roof isn’t staying as DC) for him and Jones to be LB coaches and the new DC coaching the DBs

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:11 pm

I just hope they gave Brian Jean Mary a call. I don’t think Roof stays as DC.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”