Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Jordan Fehr

DoesntEvenGoHere
School: Appalachian State

Re: Jordan Fehr

Unread post by DoesntEvenGoHere » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:43 pm

Some of you need to take a break from the boards man. I just read every post in this thread. A lot of personal opinions being thrown around like it's fact. Lot of people hiding their opinions behind "anonymous sources". Feels like a lot of people's sources are their own 2 eyes, and what they see being said on these boards, twitter, or what they see at games.

One of the biggest flaws Jordan has is his injury history. Freak athlete though. He will perform well at his Pro-Day. Doubt it'll be enough to get him drafted. Fans always think their teams players are going to definitely get drafted.
appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:05 pm
You are right. I'd be surprised if he runs a sub 4.5. He has some good lateral quickness, which would matter to me more, but I just don't see a sub 4.5. I am a fairly big guy and I used to run track and could pull a sub 4.3 at my best. I was no where near as heavy in the legs and feet as Fehr, which would make it tough for him to put up that kind of speed. It's the same problem I see with Henni, who has great hands, but heavy feet. Race has nothing to do with it. But I am rooting hard for both of them, they are outstanding kids.
OK. BS.

Only like 20 people have posted sub 4.3 40 times in the last decade. That includes the fastest players in the NFL and people like Usain Bolt. You ran that fast...as a "fairly big guy". What, didn't like football enough to play? This is a prime example of people putting out info that can't be verified and claiming it as fact...

Fehr might not run a sub 4.5. He'll run a good time for his size & position though & ultimately that's all that matters. No one expecting a ILB to run 4.2's.
ericsaid wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:56 am
If Fehr really runs a 4.4 his draft stock would go from Priority Free Agent to 3rd Round overnight. The 40 time, in conjunction with lateral agility drills and measurements is an accurate was to measure how most will translate athletically to the NFL. It doesn't apply to all but certainly covers a large majority of draft hopefuls.
Yeahhhh....no.
AppStFan1 wrote:
Williams definitely is going to get looks. I know he is on their radar to watch this spring. Obviously, they notice young players when they stick out but for Cobb and the others they aren't going to be looking at them yet until they have a monster year. NFL teams basically look at seniors only unless the school tells them the underclassmen may declare or they are putting up big numbers. Nick Hampton is one who people will obviously notice because of flashes but nobody is going to watch him closely before his senior year unless the coaches tell them to or he starts jumping out and dominating about every quarter. They noticed Sean Price as a freshman but he was the best player on the field and that's about what you have to do if you aren't a P5 guy.
I can assure you that is not factual. When a scout comes to App State he looks at every potential NFL (or CFL, if it's a CFL scout) prospect - regardless of year or class identification.

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 pm

BUMP, ALREADY!

I think I'll pile on, now. This is something like the 143rd post in this thread and barely half of them mention Fehr by name. Probably another 12 to 15 posts refer to Fehr as he or him. That's well and good.

Unfortunately, at least 50-55 posts are off on bird-walks or down rabbit holes having nothing to do with Jordan Fehr. That's increasingly the case in the last 50 or so posts. How about we keep this thread for Fehr posts and create new threads for 2020 Offense and maybe 2020 New Player Watch List or something along those lines if they don't involve Fehr. Just a friendly suggestion...
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:58 pm

I’ll ask again....Did anyone see him and Vic yesterday?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:58 pm
I’ll ask again....Did anyone see him and Vic yesterday?
I watched a good bit of the game. Neither started. Vic seemed to hold his own and allowed no sacks while I was watching. Jordan really didn't make any impact. He missed a couple of tackles in the open field. Played some on special teams. The Belt had some real impact players. StAte players scored several TDs and the UL RB was impressive.

Edit: Read elsewhere that Jordan was credited with 2 tackles, 1 solo.
Last edited by hapapp on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:29 am

It goes without saying that a good percentage of guys playing college football, particularly at the highest level, dream of moving on to the NFL. Obviously the numbers are stacked against all but a select few. It would be great to see lots of our guys competing on Sunday's and I hope they make it but it is sad that we have guys here that absolutely obsess over it and beat crap to death. Can't we just enjoy these guys while they are at App and let the processes play out? If Fehr or any of the other guys are fortunate enough to make a roster that is awesome but it sounds like Jordan has his head on straight and will be successful no matter what happens.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:06 pm

I am most proud of these young men, primarily when they are handed a diploma that looks like my diploma. Through Yosef Club I can say I contributed to that achievement. As proud of the wins and rings and bowl games, I am more so proud that fine young men are trained up to make a difference in a convoluted world. Whether his name is Armanti Edwards or he "rode the pine". He is a Mountaineer and wears the same ring I do. Very, very proud of each year's class; not just in football but all sports on the mountain.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:25 pm

DoesntEvenGoHere wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:43 pm
Some of you need to take a break from the boards man. I just read every post in this thread. A lot of personal opinions being thrown around like it's fact. Lot of people hiding their opinions behind "anonymous sources". Feels like a lot of people's sources are their own 2 eyes, and what they see being said on these boards, twitter, or what they see at games.

One of the biggest flaws Jordan has is his injury history. Freak athlete though. He will perform well at his Pro-Day. Doubt it'll be enough to get him drafted. Fans always think their teams players are going to definitely get drafted.
appstatealum wrote:
You are right. I'd be surprised if he runs a sub 4.5. He has some good lateral quickness, which would matter to me more, but I just don't see a sub 4.5. I am a fairly big guy and I used to run track and could pull a sub 4.3 at my best. I was no where near as heavy in the legs and feet as Fehr, which would make it tough for him to put up that kind of speed. It's the same problem I see with Henni, who has great hands, but heavy feet. Race has nothing to do with it. But I am rooting hard for both of them, they are outstanding kids.
OK. BS.

Only like 20 people have posted sub 4.3 40 times in the last decade. That includes the fastest players in the NFL and people like Usain Bolt. You ran that fast...as a "fairly big guy". What, didn't like football enough to play? This is a prime example of people putting out info that can't be verified and claiming it as fact...

Fehr might not run a sub 4.5. He'll run a good time for his size & position though & ultimately that's all that matters. No one expecting a ILB to run 4.2's.
ericsaid wrote:
If Fehr really runs a 4.4 his draft stock would go from Priority Free Agent to 3rd Round overnight. The 40 time, in conjunction with lateral agility drills and measurements is an accurate was to measure how most will translate athletically to the NFL. It doesn't apply to all but certainly covers a large majority of draft hopefuls.
Yeahhhh....no.
AppStFan1 wrote:
Williams definitely is going to get looks. I know he is on their radar to watch this spring. Obviously, they notice young players when they stick out but for Cobb and the others they aren't going to be looking at them yet until they have a monster year. NFL teams basically look at seniors only unless the school tells them the underclassmen may declare or they are putting up big numbers. Nick Hampton is one who people will obviously notice because of flashes but nobody is going to watch him closely before his senior year unless the coaches tell them to or he starts jumping out and dominating about every quarter. They noticed Sean Price as a freshman but he was the best player on the field and that's about what you have to do if you aren't a P5 guy.
I can assure you that is not factual. When a scout comes to App State he looks at every potential NFL (or CFL, if it's a CFL scout) prospect - regardless of year or class identification.
Actually, yes, I didn’t like football enough growing up. I ran track and played travel hockey. To clarify, I meant usually ran in the 4.3’s at my best. I love that Jordan put up these numbers, I am pleasantly surprised. These kind of things are what get our guys the attention they need so teams see how special our guys are and look past the “small school” stuff. This is awesome for him.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:20 am

DoesntEvenGoHere wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:43 pm

appstatealum wrote:
OK. BS.

ericsaid wrote:
Yeahhhh....no.
AppStFan1 wrote:
I'm with you on 40 times. Does anyone know the average 40 time for a starting LB? Any guesses? It is 4.7s. OLBs are faster and usually 4.6s but average starting ILBs were like 4.7s a couple years ago. Backup ILBs usually run 4.8s on average. Fehr is plenty fast enough but I don't think he plays like a 4.5 guy. Dexter Coakley ran 4.4s and Gaither is expected to run 4.5s. The 4.5s estimate is coming from NFL teams. My guess is he runs between 4.48-4.62 range, depending on his technique. It will be interesting to see. If Fehr runs 4.65-4.70 that is plenty fine and very good for a backup ILB.

As for Fehr, his injury history is going to be key but I did not bring it up in breaking down his game because he may pass medical tests fine. I just don't know and no team knows until he is poked and prodded by doctors.

I don't mean this to come off as being mean but you don't know any NFL scouts or you only know someone from the Rams. A couple of teams are assigned to write up all FBS draft eligible but I can assure you 100% fact that is not normal. I know the Rams are one of them and I think maybe the Patriots and Falcons do it but everyone else focuses on seniors and just the underclassmen who are expected to leave early. Unless the coaches give the name of an underclassmen to NFL teams they do not focus on them. I was given a list from a NFL scout of the players he watched and asked about when he came on campus. Here is that list: Akeem Davis-Gaither, Victor Johnson, Josh Thomas, Des Franklin, Jordan Fehr, Noel Cook, Collin Reed, and our coaches mentioned we had some grad transfers as wait and see types. NFL teams peaked at them but never added them to their list as potential prospects. Our coaches mentioned Evans was thinking of declaring and Sutton's name was thrown around as a player to watch. Most NFL teams do not care about a sophomore or junior who has no intention of coming out early. Why would you spend an hour on writing, and many hours of compiling information, on a player who will not be in the 2020 draft class this past fall? These teams have a lot of players to see and they can't waste time on our juniors who are not leaving early.

Most teams actually laugh at the Rams watching every player because as a scout told me "I'm just trying to get all the seniors right and I can't give them the proper time if I watch every draft eligible starter". It would make zero sense to sit there and watch Thomas Hennigan as closely as you are watching Gaither in 2019 because you know Hennigan is not coming out.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:12 pm

Thought I would add this. Here is a little bit about how the NFL identifies who to watch during their senior year because I'm sure some of you are wondering if they don't watch juniors in depth how do they know? I'll explain and this is coming straight from a couple scouts involved in this process.

NFS (they put on the combine) and BLESTO each send a scout to App State (and every other school) in the spring. Both scouts measure our players and watch tape. They use to run our guys but our juniors have not run in a long time. Usually they come in March to watch our guys. They watch at least 3 game tapes and put a grade on players. The teams who subscribe to those reports get them at meetings in late May or early June. They assign grades to the players and give that to the clubs. The teams then base how they attack scouting in the fall based on those lists. A few teams are independent like Patriots, Falcons, and a couple others. They get their hands on the prospect list but not full reports anyway but those teams usually have their scouts start working on rising juniors in the spring and they detach them from the scouting process prior to the draft.

A scout usually comes to see us in fall camp and get background and watch 2-3 tapes on the junior year of each senior. They ask our coaches if we have anyone else not on their list they should scout. Scouts watch the names on the list, any senior starter, and then any backups recommended by coaches.

They use the A, B, C, D, F grade system to put on players and schools and if a school is an A school then they go 3 times. If it is a B school they go on campus twice and for C schools they may or may not go on campus. A school has a prospect with a 1st-4th round grade, B school has a prospect with a 5th-7th round grade, C school has a PFA, and D school has a free agent (lower tier free agent), and F school has rejects.

That info is 100% fact coming from a source that is heavily involved in the process each year.

Now, this is my opinion below. I think we would be a B school next year because I think Sutton is going to get a day 3 grade and we will have several others considered as a PFA. It will be interesting to see how they do it. I expect all 32 teams to come on campus. We have a very good class.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”