Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Jordan Fehr

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Jordan Fehr

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:07 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:57 pm
Fehr’s stats are similar to ADG’s, he’s bigger, and his reported run/jump/lift numbers are fantastic. Obviously there are several posts here suggesting (some intentionally, some otherwise) that he’s undervalued because he’s white, but that’s silly and not even a stereotype that applies to linebackers.

To me the big question is whether his workout numbers are inflated, and if so to what extent. Obviously there’s no question about his productivity.
What the Hell? I saw nothing in the previous posts regarding race.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:55 pm

Can we say Safety?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:56 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:40 pm
I could tell you....but it's not politically correct
That is so far from the truth you should be ashamed to throw that bait out there.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:24 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:05 pm
EastHallApp wrote:
Fehr’s stats are similar to ADG’s, he’s bigger, and his reported run/jump/lift numbers are fantastic. Obviously there are several posts here suggesting (some intentionally, some otherwise) that he’s undervalued because he’s white, but that’s silly and not even a stereotype that applies to linebackers.

To me the big question is whether his workout numbers are inflated, and if so to what extent. Obviously there’s no question about his productivity.
You are right. I'd be surprised if he runs a sub 4.5. He has some good lateral quickness, which would matter to me more, but I just don't see a sub 4.5. I am a fairly big guy and I used to run track and could pull a sub 4.3 at my best. I was no where near as heavy in the legs and feet as Fehr, which would make it tough for him to put up that kind of speed. It's the same problem I see with Henni, who has great hands, but heavy feet. Race has nothing to do with it. But I am rooting hard for both of them, they are outstanding kids.
So can any of you guys tell me why you question the numbers?

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:26 pm

EastHallApp wrote:

Why would you question the numbers?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:28 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:24 pm
appstatealum wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

You are right. I'd be surprised if he runs a sub 4.5. He has some good lateral quickness, which would matter to me more, but I just don't see a sub 4.5. I am a fairly big guy and I used to run track and could pull a sub 4.3 at my best. I was no where near as heavy in the legs and feet as Fehr, which would make it tough for him to put up that kind of speed. It's the same problem I see with Henni, who has great hands, but heavy feet. Race has nothing to do with it. But I am rooting hard for both of them, they are outstanding kids.
Timed speed and game speed are different. Many players don't run as fast in pads as they do in shorts. It is just a fact. Some do but not all. Fehr runs well but Gaither is considered a 4.5 guy and he is definitely faster than Fehr. So if Fehr runs a 4.50 40 then Gaither should run a 4.40. Fehr just does not look like a 4.4 guy in games. He has good speed but 4.4 is elite. Dexter Coakley ran a 4.4 and there is no way that Fehr can run with him.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:34 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:28 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

Timed speed and game speed are different. Many players don't run as fast in pads as they do in shorts. It is just a fact. Some do but not all. Fehr runs well but Gaither is considered a 4.5 guy and he is definitely faster than Fehr. So if Fehr runs a 4.50 40 then Gaither should run a 4.40. Fehr just does not look like a 4.4 guy in games. He has good speed but 4.4 is elite. Dexter Coakley ran a 4.4 and there is no way that Fehr can run with him.
So it’s just what you think

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:34 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:56 pm
AppSt12 wrote:
That is so far from the truth you should be ashamed to throw that bait out there.
I said nothing. If you think you know what I'm thinking then your mind went to the same place. But I said nothing.

Also congrats to Jordan Fehr for having 109 tackles on the year and ADG for having 104. With such similar stats I trust they will be drafted right next to each other!
Last edited by AppSt12 on Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:35 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:36 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

Eye test. Teams throw numbers out there to benefit the players, but Pro Days prove to always be different. I've always saw him as a high IQ, great lateral movement guy. He had the right frame to build in, but his feet are heavy and he would have trouble keeping up with guys in the NFL. I equally have concerns for Akeem, his hips seem tight and I wonder how much mass he can put on his frame to be a NFL LB. But these guys wil put in work to make themselves ready for their chance.
The Appalachian State

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:48 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:26 pm
EastHallApp wrote:

Why would you question the numbers?
I always take team-reported times with a grain of salt. Amazing how many guys somehow run .2 or .3 slower when pro scouts are there timing them.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:02 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:34 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:
I said nothing. If you think you know what I'm thinking then your mind went to the same place. But I said nothing.

Also congrats to Jordan Fehr for having 109 tackles on the year and ADG for having 104. With such similar stats I trust they will be drafted right next to each other!
Two comptely different positions and assignments. Please don't race bait on here, it has nothing to do with it.
The Appalachian State

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:35 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:02 pm
AppSt12 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

Two comptely different positions and assignments. Please don't race bait on here, it has nothing to do with it.
Just to be really, really, really, clear, my original question had nothing to do with this conversation. I simply and sincerely just have not been able to understand how a guy who has performed like Jordan and has the reported mesurables he has, hasn’t gotten any NFL buzz.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:56 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:35 pm
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

Just to be really, really, really, clear, my original question had nothing to do with this conversation. I simply and sincerely just have not been able to understand how a guy who has performed like Jordan and has the reported mesurables he has, hasn’t gotten any NFL buzz.
He has some buzz, that's why he was invited to the NFLPA game. A lot of time, these G5 guys won't get a lot of articles written up about them, but that doesn't mean the NFL scouts aren't noticing. It just seems worse since ADG was getting a lot of attention this year, but rightfully so. His play from the OLB position was superb and showed up even beyond his stats. Fehr has had a lot of great moments in his career too, so he will get his shot to make a team. Gaither's speed and back to back superb seasons is what put him on the national map this year.
Last edited by appstatealum on Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:26 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:

We are comparing what others at App have run and then looking at how Gaither runs compared to Fehr. NFL teams estimate that Gaither runs 4.5s and he is a step or so faster than Fehr. Teams estimate Fehr runs 4.75-4.80 range. I think he plays more like a 4.70 or high 4.6. I'm not questioning whether he can run 4.50 or so in the 40 because perhaps he does time that well but his play speed in pads does not look 4.50 or high 4.4 fast. If he runs that fast then Gaither should run high 4.3s because you can watch our games and see Gaither covers ground faster than Fehr.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:29 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

I think where you are coming from is that you don't see Fehr getting the DEF POY award or being named an All-American by anyone or even being ranked among the top 100 prospects on websites but all 32 NFL teams have asked our coaches about him and he clearly has some buzz with the NFL beyond that because he was invited to a major all-star game. So to answer your question he does have buzz from the places that truly matter.

To sum it up. Fehr WILL be in a NFL camp. I'll get the official pro day results from NFL teams and post them and we will see if he times like he plays or times what our coaches said he runs in testing.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:57 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:56 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:

He has some buzz, that's why he was invited to the NFLPA game. A lot of time, these G5 guys won't get a lot of articles written up about them, but that doesn't mean the NFL scouts aren't noticing. It just seems worse since ADG was getting a lot of attention this year, but rightfully so. His play from the OLB position was superb and showed up even beyond his stats. Fehr has had a lot of great moments in his career too, so he will get his shot to make a team. Gaither's size and back to back superb seasons is what put him on the national map this year.
Dude your post have been all over the place on this one. Your first post says Fehr’s “tangibles don’t translate to the NFL game.” Now your saying Gathers size is a plus for him. Everything I’ve heard about Gather says that the one question with him is his size.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:13 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:57 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

He has some buzz, that's why he was invited to the NFLPA game. A lot of time, these G5 guys won't get a lot of articles written up about them, but that doesn't mean the NFL scouts aren't noticing. It just seems worse since ADG was getting a lot of attention this year, but rightfully so. His play from the OLB position was superb and showed up even beyond his stats. Fehr has had a lot of great moments in his career too, so he will get his shot to make a team. Gaither's size and back to back superb seasons is what put him on the national map this year.
Dude your post have been all over the place on this one. Your first post says Fehr’s “tangibles don’t translate to the NFL game.” Now your saying Gathers size is a plus for him. Everything I’ve heard about Gather says that the one question with him is his size.
I don't know what he meant by that because yes his size is a concern but not from a height standpoint. It is really more his frame than his size. Scouts aren't sure if he can bulk up much more. They think he is about 6'1 1/4, 205-208 range. They would want him more like 215-225, at least, to play LB. Otherwise he may be a rover or a hybrid safety.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:44 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
AppSt12 wrote:

Sorry, was typing while walking around Carowinds...was supposed to say Speed, not size. I’ll fix it :D
The Appalachian State

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:24 am

appstatealum wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:44 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

Sorry, was typing while walking around Carowinds...was supposed to say Speed, not size. I’ll fix it :D
It’s all good, I’m just trying to find stuff to talk about until September. I need to ban myself from the Cabin for at least a couple of months. Walking around Carowinds on the message board, thanks for letting me know somebody has it worse than I do.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”