NEZ work today

Yosef10
Posts: 1463
Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 254 times
Been thanked: 493 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:04 pm

Got ourselves a stadium



AppOrange
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 556 times
Been thanked: 284 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppOrange » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:37 pm

Making sure both sides are heard, I love the new App State end zone. Now if i can only find a decent sweatshirt with the same look.


1996

JPatH3292
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:27 am






NashvilleNeer
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:53 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:42 am

The new hill looks soo much better, wow.



scatman77
Posts: 951
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 am
Location: York, SC
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 564 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by scatman77 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:01 am

No fans or parents allowed in KBS but CMS is allowed to host a live concert. Roy Cooper.....I have a box of hammers with better decision-making skills than you.


Appalachian American by birth; Mountaineer by the Grace of God!

JPatH3292
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:12 am




Yosefus
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 200 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by Yosefus » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:31 am

Will be interesting to see how many more decibels can be achieved with it closed in tighter. Hope we see a capacity crowd again soon to find out.



User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 5487
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 715 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:35 am

I’m really glad we never had a track around the field. Never liked those in football stadiums.


Give 'em hell!

GastonApp09
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:24 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Belmont, NC
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 39 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by GastonApp09 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:36 am

Yosefus wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:31 am
Will be interesting to see how many more decibels can be achieved with it closed in tighter. Hope we see a capacity crowd again soon to find out.
I honestly believe it is going to make a serious difference.


Body stuck in Gaston County...heart stuck in Boone! Go Apps!

appstate77
Posts: 2318
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:49 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Little River, South Carolina
Has thanked: 966 times
Been thanked: 609 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:11 pm

I wish to be at The Rock tomorrow, BADLY. Yet as pastor of two churches with many members 70 and older, I understand the Governor's emphasis on caution and can accept it. Covid has hit both my churches, and my granddaughter. It is one mean SOB! Were it up to me, I would still not be holding in person church. However, as a pastor who tries to listen to his people; and the fact my churches are smallish, we are open...for now. If a second wave hits as predicted my churches will close up again. So I am happy to have football on ESPN Deuce tomorrow. It could be the only game we get this year. I hope not. However if it gets our gridiron scholars to their professions as Teachers Attorneys, Ministers, Business, Medical fields, I will take only a game or two to protect our Hennigans, Thomases, Williamses, Peoples, Jollys, etc to reach their potentials in this Crazy Train world we find ourselves in. BYW, this is, ultimately why I support Yosef Club.



AppinVA
Posts: 12238
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2000 9:41 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1844 times
Been thanked: 1672 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:27 pm

JPatH3292 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:27 am


At first I got excited thinking the golf analyst David Feherty had tweeted about us.

I love his show.


"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 5487
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 715 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 am

For anyone interested, they're pouring the steps for the seating area this morning. Getting closer (even though no one can sit there yet)...


Give 'em hell!

User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 266 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:14 am

As I type this, physical seats are being installed in the NEZ this morning...



JPatH3292
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:25 am

Support beams underneath the stands are about to get covered in brick I assume. And the entry plaza is starting to come together as well



User avatar
GregPercussion
Posts: 564
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 218 times
Been thanked: 175 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by GregPercussion » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am

While looking at the camera: are the "large white rectangle" parts of the building going to be covered with brick or is that the finished product?



User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 795
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 104 times
Been thanked: 266 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am

GregPercussion wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am
While looking at the camera: are the "large white rectangle" parts of the building going to be covered with brick or is that the finished product?
Based on every rendering I've seen you are pretty much looking at the finished product, on the exterior anyways, in regards to the stairwells on each end of the structure.



JPatH3292
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:56 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:35 am

I mean I’d be lying if it didn’t cross my mind that they should put a giant A on one and Yosef logo on the other. Or something like that



User avatar
ArmantiWaterSafety
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:31 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 98 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:08 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am
GregPercussion wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am
While looking at the camera: are the "large white rectangle" parts of the building going to be covered with brick or is that the finished product?
Based on every rendering I've seen you are pretty much looking at the finished product, on the exterior anyways, in regards to the stairwells on each end of the structure.
That's super disappointing. They're going to look awful in a year. From the photo that Dave Faherty posted, you can see they can't even be bothered to pressure wash the current sides of the stairs with the mildew/mold running down the side. Same thing is going to happen to that giant light grey.



WASU 93
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 245 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:36 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:08 pm
HkyMtneer wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:54 am
GregPercussion wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 am
While looking at the camera: are the "large white rectangle" parts of the building going to be covered with brick or is that the finished product?
Based on every rendering I've seen you are pretty much looking at the finished product, on the exterior anyways, in regards to the stairwells on each end of the structure.
That's super disappointing. They're going to look awful in a year. From the photo that Dave Faherty posted, you can see they can't even be bothered to pressure wash the current sides of the stairs with the mildew/mold running down the side. Same thing is going to happen to that giant light grey.
I'm not worried about it at this point. In a few years, they might be covered with championship banners, retired numbers/pinnacle of honor, advertising, or they could certainly have some cool lighting effects for night games. There's a plethora of possibilities.



APPChad90
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Charlotte
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by APPChad90 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Wow. Kind of critical of the look before construction is complete. I mean they are in the build phase not the maintenance phase. Give things a chance, please! I’m sure pressure washing a few walls is not the priority while heavy equipment is navigating the area. Allow them to complete and put a polished look on the NEZ before throwing jabs. That’s just construction, slow, delayed or whatever.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online