• Birthdays

NEZ work today

bigdaddyg
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:45 am

Lord have mercy it’s cold in God’s Country today. Pulled up the cam and it shows 14 degrees right now. Weather app says feels like 1. Dang.



User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 1348
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 282 times
Been thanked: 593 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:10 pm

Respect to those dudes out there working in that weather.

*he said while sipping coffee in a cushy climate controlled studio*


"Sports talk's most decent producer" on ESPN Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 4920
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 724 times
Been thanked: 1953 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 pm

Picked out my seats in NEZ 303 today!!!



roachgone
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:58 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by roachgone » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:43 pm

Got seats in 307 today.



User avatar
T-Dog
Posts: 5482
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:35 pm
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 1458 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:45 am
Lord have mercy it’s cold in God’s Country today. Pulled up the cam and it shows 14 degrees right now. Weather app says feels like 1. Dang.
It was dang cold on Monday since it was the first day of cold-ass cold in a while, plus the humidity was up and the wind was blowing. Tuesday wasn't as bad as there was little humidity or wind.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 3179
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 838 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 am

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:45 am
Lord have mercy it’s cold in God’s Country today. Pulled up the cam and it shows 14 degrees right now. Weather app says feels like 1. Dang.
It was dang cold on Monday since it was the first day of cold-ass cold in a while, plus the humidity was up and the wind was blowing. Tuesday wasn't as bad as there was little humidity or wind.
There are different levels of cold up there:

Cold
Cold as crap
Cold as heck
Cold as hell
Damn cold
Oh my god it’s cold
I’m not going out there

I’m sure I’m missing some and there are some more descriptive to list- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



ASU3432Mi
Posts: 804
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:43 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1021 times
Been thanked: 205 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 am

Halloween night cold.



AppJac
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:18 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Lexington, Va

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppJac » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:56 am

Got 2 in 302



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 4920
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 724 times
Been thanked: 1953 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:15 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 am
Halloween night cold.
F’ing old!!!!!!



AppSt94
Posts: 4222
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Palmetto, FL
Has thanked: 1750 times
Been thanked: 1151 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:43 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 am
T-Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:45 am
Lord have mercy it’s cold in God’s Country today. Pulled up the cam and it shows 14 degrees right now. Weather app says feels like 1. Dang.
It was dang cold on Monday since it was the first day of cold-ass cold in a while, plus the humidity was up and the wind was blowing. Tuesday wasn't as bad as there was little humidity or wind.
There are different levels of cold up there:

Cold
Cold as crap
Cold as heck
Cold as hell
Damn cold
Oh my god it’s cold
I’m not going out there

I’m sure I’m missing some and there are some more descriptive to list- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You forget balls in your stomach cold.



User avatar
asu66
Posts: 26045
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1174 times
Been thanked: 1389 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:28 am

Just out of the pool after 8 AM (advanced swimming class)...walking to the dorm in -16°F degree wind chill w/cap frozen to my hair and icicles frozen to my ears, beard and nostrils cold! (An unforgettable personal experience cold!)


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

User avatar
scatman77
Posts: 913
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 am
Location: York, SC
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by scatman77 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:35 pm

asu66 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:28 am
Just out of the pool after 8 AM (advanced swimming class)...walking to the dorm in -16°F degree wind chill w/cap frozen to my hair and icicles frozen to my ears, beard and nostrils cold! (An unforgettable personal experience cold!)
Walking from Bowie to a 7:30 AM exam leaning into the 35 mph wind and wind chill of -20. It's dark and snowing too.....


Appalachian American by birth; Mountaineer by the Grace of God!

User avatar
HighPointApp
Posts: 3486
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1159 times
Been thanked: 453 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by HighPointApp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:44 pm

scatman77 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:35 pm
asu66 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:28 am
Just out of the pool after 8 AM (advanced swimming class)...walking to the dorm in -16°F degree wind chill w/cap frozen to my hair and icicles frozen to my ears, beard and nostrils cold! (An unforgettable personal experience cold!)
Walking from Bowie to a 7:30 AM exam leaning into the 35 mph wind and wind chill of -20. It's dark and snowing too.....
I echo your post Scat and add when a little caveat. When I got to class - no exam, no classes cancelled announcement, the professor never showed up. UGH!!!!


Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 4357
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 584 times
Been thanked: 518 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by biggie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:13 pm

I had forgot the cold of Boone a lot from living off the mtn for so long. Last year I got a wake up call in WI when I was up there during -55 wind chills.



User avatar
HighPointApp
Posts: 3486
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1159 times
Been thanked: 453 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by HighPointApp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:28 pm

Cold never bothered me. Now I consider it enemy #1


Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

appstate77
Posts: 2224
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:49 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Little River, South Carolina
Has thanked: 895 times
Been thanked: 552 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:42 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:04 am
T-Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:45 am
Lord have mercy it’s cold in God’s Country today. Pulled up the cam and it shows 14 degrees right now. Weather app says feels like 1. Dang.
It was dang cold on Monday since it was the first day of cold-ass cold in a while, plus the humidity was up and the wind was blowing. Tuesday wasn't as bad as there was little humidity or wind.
There are different levels of cold up there:

Cold
Cold as crap
Cold as heck
Cold as hell
Damn cold
Oh my god it’s cold
I’m not going out there

I’m sure I’m missing some and there are some more descriptive to list- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's see if I can remember some we used that are marginally acceptable. "Colder than a well digger's (backside). Colder than my mother in law's heart. Colder than a witch's (chest) in a brass (brassiere). They're others.:)
Last edited by appstate77 on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.



User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 9482
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Almost Heaven Resides: Lollipop Guild Land
Has thanked: 2224 times
Been thanked: 1077 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 pm
Picked out my seats in NEZ 303 today!!!
Where are you guys printing off all this money? ;)


"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NewApp
Posts: 5043
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 469 times
Been thanked: 462 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:14 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:43 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:23 pm
Picked out my seats in NEZ 303 today!!!
Where are you guys printing off all this money? ;)

You actually chose to sit in the end zone?



User avatar
scatman77
Posts: 913
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:38 am
Location: York, SC
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 506 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by scatman77 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 pm

HighPointApp wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:44 pm
scatman77 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:35 pm
asu66 wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:28 am
Just out of the pool after 8 AM (advanced swimming class)...walking to the dorm in -16°F degree wind chill w/cap frozen to my hair and icicles frozen to my ears, beard and nostrils cold! (An unforgettable personal experience cold!)
Walking from Bowie to a 7:30 AM exam leaning into the 35 mph wind and wind chill of -20. It's dark and snowing too.....
I echo your post Scat and add when a little caveat. When I got to class - no exam, no classes cancelled announcement, the professor never showed up. UGH!!!!
I remember my first cold (maybe 40 degrees) football Friday night during my first year in Laurens (home of our very own Gary "Garo" Davis who beat WF with his first collegiate FG). I was wearing the old Bike "nut hugger" coaches' pants and a long-sleeve coaches' shirt; no jacket, sweater, etc. We passed a dude walking down the road wearing a goose-down heavy jacket with the fur-lined hood. I thought, "What the h*ll do these people do when it does get cold?" Now I'm 64 and warm layers are my friend at 45 degrees!


Appalachian American by birth; Mountaineer by the Grace of God!

huskie3
Posts: 3716
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Gaston County
Has thanked: 256 times
Been thanked: 244 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by huskie3 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:20 pm

"Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey"


Bring Your A Game!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 197 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 197 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 197 guests