NEZ work today

John-N-Houston
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:31 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by John-N-Houston » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:55 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:02 pm
If we on this board all show up with a shovel and a wheel barrow, we should be able to get it done in a weekend. Right?
The stadium was fairly new when it was discovered that the track had not been built to the correct length. They hired some of us high-school students as the “construction crew”. They gave us shovels and we started digging up the cinder track and relocating the north turn. At the end of the day we had completed the work. They paid us $10.00 for 8 hours of hard labor. I believe that I netted about $7.50.



APPRIDE
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 177 times
Been thanked: 161 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by APPRIDE » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:06 am

John-N-Houston wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:55 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:02 pm
If we on this board all show up with a shovel and a wheel barrow, we should be able to get it done in a weekend. Right?
The stadium was fairly new when it was discovered that the track had not been built to the correct length. They hired some of us high-school students as the “construction crew”. They gave us shovels and we started digging up the cinder track and relocating the north turn. At the end of the day we had completed the work. They paid us $10.00 for 8 hours of hard labor. I believe that I netted about $7.50.
wow! git ‘er done!

(on a side note...kinda like the pool going in a few feet short for competition standards?)



AppOrange
Posts: 749
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 544 times
Been thanked: 281 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppOrange » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:07 am

Is it jut my phone or has the end zone cam been down for a while?


1996

appalum2003
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:44 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by appalum2003 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:26 am

AppOrange wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:07 am
Is it jut my phone or has the end zone cam been down for a while?
I've had issues accessing it on mobile and on the computer recently. It's giving an error that there's no enough power to the camera for all functions. I may email the website admin at resortcams.



Appstate88
Posts: 1515
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 645 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:27 am

I’m having NEZ construction camera viewing withdrawals!
Last edited by Appstate88 on Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.



ericsaid
Posts: 1326
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:38 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 278 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:33 am

appalum2003 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:26 am
AppOrange wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:07 am
Is it jut my phone or has the end zone cam been down for a while?
I've had issues accessing it on mobile and on the computer recently. It's giving an error that there's no enough power to the camera for all functions. I may email the website admin at resortcams.
Mine is working fine.



User avatar
biggie
Site Admin
Posts: 4368
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Clemmons
Has thanked: 625 times
Been thanked: 526 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by biggie » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:38 am

Appears to be working now. Had the error earlier today, but working now.



appalum2003
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:44 am
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by appalum2003 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:11 am

Yeah, seems to be working again now. I emailed them this morning - no clue if that's what got their attention or not. Glad to see it's back up. The next few weeks should be fun to watch, until they get inside.



User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3974
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1788 times
Been thanked: 697 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:39 pm

Photo from Saturday (Jan. 4, 2020)
102118E2-C525-419F-9D67-D3B5202319BC.jpeg
102118E2-C525-419F-9D67-D3B5202319BC.jpeg (39.33 KiB) Viewed 1497 times



User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3974
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1788 times
Been thanked: 697 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:45 pm

*
Last edited by AppGrad78 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3974
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1788 times
Been thanked: 697 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:53 pm

*
Last edited by AppGrad78 on Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3974
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1788 times
Been thanked: 697 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:21 am

2D96A248-F4B9-4CFD-88DA-5C143EB7F01D.jpeg



User avatar
AppGrad78
Posts: 3974
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Born: Waynesville, NC; Resides: Greensboro, NC
Has thanked: 1788 times
Been thanked: 697 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:26 am

3E8A81F0-C9D2-4669-B22C-D7D8B2F4FA6B.jpeg



User avatar
HighPointApp
Posts: 3505
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:15 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1201 times
Been thanked: 482 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by HighPointApp » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:43 am

Great pictures


Give 'em Hell!
Class of ‘96

bigdaddyg
Posts: 3208
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 853 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:18 am

I wonder why they put in the one set of bleachers then stopped. Looks cool though so far. Will that seating go to the ground or remain at that height? I figure at that level since ground seating behind the end zone would stink.



Appstate88
Posts: 1515
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 645 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:26 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:18 am
I wonder why they put in the one set of bleachers then stopped. Looks cool though so far. Will that seating go to the ground or remain at that height? I figure at that level since ground seating behind the end zone would stink.
Seating does not go to the ground. It will remain at that height. I think it looks great.



User avatar
asu66
Posts: 26119
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 1:21 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1221 times
Been thanked: 1445 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by asu66 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:53 pm

This is about a new revenue stream for athletics, among other amenities...there'd be zero marketability for seats any lower than the current config.


If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

User avatar
APPdiesel
Posts: 1404
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 301 times
Been thanked: 622 times
Contact:

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by APPdiesel » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:50 pm

Tricking the rich donors into buying the crappy end zone seats....very clever. 😜


"Sports talk's most decent producer" on ESPN Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

APP72
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2000 11:27 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Cherryville, N.C.
Has thanked: 2232 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by APP72 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:56 am

While watching the Mountaineer Impact, it shows lower level seats under the high tiered seats. I imagine those would be much less expensive. Those lower seats look good and give the NEZ a great look!


A CHAMPION IS SOMEONE WHO GETS UP WHEN HE CAN’T!
JACK DEMPSEY

Appstate88
Posts: 1515
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:38 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 288 times
Been thanked: 645 times

Re: NEZ work today

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 am

APP72 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:56 am
While watching the Mountaineer Impact, it shows lower level seats under the high tiered seats. I imagine those would be much less expensive. Those lower seats look good and give the NEZ a great look!
Call the Yosef Club. They will send you all the details on the types of NEZ seating available for next season. If I had $4-5K I would do it for 2 seats.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 56 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests