Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wisconsin/Oregon

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Wisconsin/Oregon

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Preview of App St 2020 opponent. Oregon first drive is blueprint. Quick passes, run outside and QB runs. Need Zac to become as accurate as Herbert between now and then...
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appstatealum

Re: Wisconsin/Oregon

Unread post by appstatealum » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:26 pm

One of the worst ball security games I’ve ever seem. It’s like both teams are trying their hardest to let the other win. I hope they are this sloppy when they play us.
The Appalachian State

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:51 pm

Some big boys on that line....

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:02 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:51 pm
Our line speed was a big problem for Penn State and Michigan for that reason.
YNWA

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:18 pm

I like our chances. Too bad we don't play them in a couple of weeks.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Having Cephus and Taylor gone after this year will help. I would think we have the speed advantage, but they've got some giants on the offensive line. A win the week before against Wake could help with momentum headed into Madison.

No need to look that far into the future...there are other promising things happening in Boone.

#BeatGeorgiaState
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 pm

If we get four (4) turnovers like Oregon did tonight, I’d say we can take a shot at those badgers. Sacred money, makes no money... Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere. Go Apps.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:22 am

Appstate88 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 pm
If we get four (4) turnovers like Oregon did tonight, I’d say we can take a shot at those badgers. Sacred money, makes no money... Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere. Go Apps.
You don't give sacred money away in the form of turnovers.

That said, it would be wise for the ILB and safety positions to begin understanding leverage and match-ups from under center formations now. Wisconsin will send a guy in motion then change the formation to get better alignment and numbers. Against a smaller front like App's, maintaining numbers against the play call, especially in the run game, will be the difference between a touchdown and a tackle for loss.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:26 am

ah59396 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:02 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:51 pm
Our line speed was a big problem for Penn State and Michigan for that reason.
Penn State is more relevant than Michigan. However when Penn State wanted to run the ball, they were able to. What will be important is maintaining leverage on the second level that allows at least one free linebacker or box safety to make a play on the running back. The offense will stack the tackle box with blockers, pull guards, and push centers and an H-back all the way up to the secondary to create a wall with ten yards of daylight.

The running back in Wisconsin's scheme isn't of much consequence. It's the blocking scheme and figuring out how to maintain equal numbers to the action side of the field. With their pre-snap reads, motions, and formation flips it's going to be imperative that the play callers on App's defense get ready to adjust our alignments where needed. Simply playing "gap sound" won't work here because if they have numbers they could have a free blocker 15 yards down field before your backside pursuit even knows what happened.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 am

#1 Aron Cruickshank was pretty danged fast on those returns. Their O line knows where to find the feed trough for sure. Wisconsin gave the Rose Bowl away. It's going to be tough to win in Madison.
BLACK SATURDAY

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:14 am

NC had a huge O line and S.C. had some big boys....Wisconsin is better than both but our D line has found a way to win against the big boys....I think S.C. had less than 50 rushing yards on us

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:28 am

I’ve heard of scared money...sacred money is a new one!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:28 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 am
#1 Aron Cruickshank was pretty danged fast on those returns. Their O line knows where to find the feed trough for sure. Wisconsin gave the Rose Bowl away. It's going to be tough to win in Madison.
It would be tough for anyone to win in Wisconsin, regardless of conference affiliation. If App wins, they are going to have to earn it. Luckily Wake Forest isn't any more physical than Louisiana or Georgia Southern which should negate some of the concern playing each of those teams back to back.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:29 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:28 am
I’ve heard of scared money...sacred money is a new one!
I think sacred money refers to turnovers. Could be wrong...

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:14 am
NC had a huge O line and S.C. had some big boys....Wisconsin is better than both but our D line has found a way to win against the big boys....I think S.C. had less than 50 rushing yards on us
21 yards on 28 carries to be exact. But Wisconsin is on another plane of existence as it pertains to running the ball than is South Carolina. Of course Muschamp wants to run, he just isn't very good at it.

Probably would be wise to go back and watch the Wisconsin - USF game.

Good news for App is that Wisconsin plays Michigan, at Michigan, the following week. Bad news is Wisconsin plays Southern Illinois the week before App while App plays Wake Forest.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 pm

As long as our guys don't get banged up to bad a Wake I think it helps us to be more prepared for that level of competition vs FCS prior to Wisconsin.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:28 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
21 yards on 28 carries to be exact. But Wisconsin is on another plane of existence as it pertains to running the ball than is South Carolina. Of course Muschamp wants to run, he just isn't very good at it.

Good news for App is that Wisconsin plays Michigan, at Michigan, the following week. Bad news is Wisconsin plays Southern Illinois the week before App while App plays Wake Forest.
We can think what we want but Wake Forest views us as just a better version of Southern Illinois. They still feel like we are not equal to them. I want to go in there and not just win but win by double digits. Their fans that I know who are diehards don't respect us at all. I want to punch them in the mouth and deliver a beating.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:35 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:28 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:30 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:

We can think what we want but Wake Forest views us as just a better version of Southern Illinois. They still feel like we are not equal to them. I want to go in there and not just win but win by double digits. Their fans that I know who are diehards don't respect us at all. I want to punch them in the mouth and deliver a beating.
Do you work with Wake Forest alumni or something? I live in Greensboro and work in High Point, have yet to run into a single graduate of Wake Forest. I'm not sure what they do, exactly.

I'd imagine that Dave Clawson has a healthy respect for App State. Can't think of a coach I despised playing more while Brad Glenn was the OC at App than Clawson.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:34 pm
As long as our guys don't get banged up to bad a Wake I think it helps us to be more prepared for that level of competition vs FCS prior to Wisconsin.
The point was that Wisconsin will be able to spend some time during the SIU week studying App and/or Michigan. Depends on how their staff feels about the App game, I suppose.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:57 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:35 pm
Do you work with Wake Forest alumni or something? I live in Greensboro and work in High Point, have yet to run into a single graduate of Wake Forest. I'm not sure what they do, exactly.

I'd imagine that Dave Clawson has a healthy respect for App State. Can't think of a coach I despised playing more while Brad Glenn was the OC at App than Clawson.
I run into them in Charlotte, but the majority are from the MBA program that is uptown. None of them have any real ties to WFU and don't care much for the Deacs.

My best friend's father is a massive WFU alum and donor, and I lived in Winston for 7 years, so I've run into my fair share of them. The Wake family is small, but most are really well off, financially. I wouldn't say they have a complex about App, but some still view us as a little old mountain school with D2 athletics. They believe that their budget and resources should put them at a higher level than App, which like the other threads have said, isn't the reality. The others are scared of us, because they know what we're capable of and how it will impact them in football.
Give 'em hell!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”