Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Brand ourselves.....AMERICA'S TEAM THE APPALACHIAN STATE MOUNTAINEERS.

CoachRob
School: Appalachian State

Re: Brand ourselves.....AMERICA'S TEAM THE APPALACHIAN STATE MOUNTAINEERS.

Unread post by CoachRob » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:26 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:20 pm
CoachRob wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:12 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:05 pm
Yeah. Most of the people that look unfavorably on App Fans are fans of mediocre teams, like UNC fans. They hate us, because they aren't us. We are just fighting for respect. I overall don't find App fans pretentious. In fact, I take tons of heat from my work group any time App comes up, but they usually bring us up and then get mad about it. Most are UNC fans, the others like seeing me mix it up with them. The truth is, App has been one of the top 5 teams as far as FBS success over the last 5 years. Even though we just play our schedule, It's amazing what we have done.
What UNC fans "hate" App??? All Carolina grads I work with either pull for App outside of the ACC or are indifferent. Same goes the State grads I work with. There's usually positive responses about App as I'm always encouraging fans of other teams to check us out. Maybe it's me and I don't carry on acting like my 6 year old FBS team is a world beater. Sometimes you don't have an enemy till you go looking for one ... most beef I've had is with UNCC fans.
I work with a boatload of them. It's only the UNC fans too. Mostly ones that didn't even attend there. The Duke and State guys are fine. They are friends, and it's all in good fun, but they are truly bitter people. I don't antagonize or anything, and they come looking for it
I guess every fan base their sour apples. Can't say I know any duke grads, just wal-mart fans. But I don't work in New Jersey, so makes sense.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:37 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:26 pm
I'd rather start with regional branding. If you're aiming for outside fans that's going to come from Charlotte, Raleigh, Asheville before it would come from Oakland or Sac-Town, or The Bay area and back down.
Cali is where they put their Mack down

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:49 am

appstatealum wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Yeah. Most of the people that look unfavorably on App Fans are fans of mediocre teams, like UNC fans. They hate us, because they aren't us. We are just fighting for respect. I overall don't find App fans pretentious. In fact, I take tons of heat from my work group any time App comes up, but they usually bring us up and then get mad about it. Most are UNC fans, the others like seeing me mix it up with them. The truth is, App has been one of the top 5 teams as far as FBS success over the last 5 years. Even though we just play our schedule, It's amazing what we have done.
What UNC fans "hate" App??? All Carolina grads I work with either pull for App outside of the ACC or are indifferent. Same goes the State grads I work with. There's usually positive responses about App as I'm always encouraging fans of other teams to check us out. Maybe it's me and I don't carry on acting like my 6 year old FBS team is a world beater. Sometimes you don't have an enemy till you go looking for one ... most beef I've had is with UNCC fans.
I work with a boatload of them. It's only the UNC fans too. Mostly ones that didn't even attend there. The Duke and State guys are fine. They are friends, and it's all in good fun, but they are truly bitter people. I don't antagonize or anything, and they come looking for it
This is true, but I wouldn’t give a free pass to State fans, some of them are dicks, too. And they are some UNC fans that aren’t bad, but they are hard to find.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:12 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:49 am
appstatealum wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
This is true, but I wouldn’t give a free pass to State fans, some of them are dicks, too. And they are some UNC fans that aren’t bad, but they are hard to find.
In my experience, most fans of any team are fine in person. It’s the ones online who are insufferable. (That goes for App too.)

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:55 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:12 am
appstatealum wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
In my experience, most fans of any team are fine in person. It’s the ones online who are insufferable. (That goes for App too.)
Almost always the case. I have never met a fan of another NC team that "hates" ASU.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:28 pm

Them hating us is not a bad thing. It means they perceive us as an equal and/or a threat

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:17 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:12 am
appstatealum wrote:
CoachRob wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
No where more evident than on this board. Apps eat the opposition as well as their own.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:30 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:41 pm
TheAppalachianState wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:51 pm
Best way to brand: be good, have a full stadium and a nice looking one too, better football broadcasting quality, good loud crowd, everything has to look good. Then you’ll get your current way to having a larger following, nationally
I agree and would add this. Decide what your logo is going to be and what your uniforms are going to be. The second you see ND, Alabama, Michigan, and on and on you know exactly who that is. I understand that the kids like the guessing game but you want to build a brand or you don't. Part of building a brand is consistency. Just my humble opinion and I get it will get push back here.
I agree on the uniforms and logo. The established programs for the most part have an identity that is consistent. Most of the top programs don't get too cute with the uniform designs.

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:26 am

Too Dallas Cowboy-esque. We're better than that.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”