Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Roof out

fjblair

Re: Roof out

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:05 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:42 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:33 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:35 am
ericsaid wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:16 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:30 pm

They do even more than avid fans at the moment but only while getting paid. My point is that when Ted Roof just left he won't care what App State does but we are still here and will. His love just ended because the check just ended. Say I grew up a huge Eagles fan but the Cowboys offer me a better job I would obviously go to Dallas and become a Cowboy but the minute the Eagles offer me to come I would leave to go be with the team I love. I would still not hate the Eagles because of my previous love for them. Shawn Clark actually cares more than any fan or other coach right now because he just got his dream job. For these others it is just a job and they are looking to move up.

FYI, Roof is in for a rude awakening. He is going to Vandy who has very little talent on defense and they won what 3 games. I think we could have won 9 with their schedule. He is leaving a top 20 defense for one that will truly test how much of an impact he had on ours. We will find out if Roof still has it or just made adjustments and Gas had as much say as some of us are hearing he did.
Roof was the head coach at Duke...I doubt he's in for much of a rude awakening.

Just hope his son stays at App because he looks like he could be a great player.
That is true. I'm just talking you would think going from the SBC to SEC that you would go to a defense with more NFL talent and that is not the case. Vanderbilt will truly test if he can get the best out of the defense or if he does what is expected by any coach.
Roof is a quality coach and seems like a good guy. Vanderbilt could go out and get Belichek and I think they'd still struggle in the SEC.
The defense gave up 31.8 per game last year. Not very good but not awful. Average defense. Our defense compared to the SBC was very stacked. My question would be does he improve it down to say 25-27 a game range or do they get worse or not improvement. They were abysmal on offense despite having talent. They just had awful luck at QB and were not well coached on play calling.
Who cares about what happens with Vanderbilt's future defensive efforts? Ted Roof coached our defense for one season and did a very good job. That is all that matters. I hope he has great success in Nashville.

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:22 pm

I’d like to know about Roofs perception pre and post App year.

DoesntEvenGoHere

Unread post by DoesntEvenGoHere » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:00 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:22 pm
Pre: Job hopping defensive mind. Failed as an HC, but been an above-average DC with stints of great success.
Post: Job hopping defensive mind, failed as an HC, but been an above-average DC with stints of great success.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:04 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
I read this and got interested. So I key word searched Roof and sorted by date here on this board. I have to say there is some pretty funny stuff said. From pre hire to hire, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:50 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:04 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
I read this and got interested. So I key word searched Roof and sorted by date here on this board. I have to say there is some pretty funny stuff said. From pre hire to hire, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion!
Lol, I should have been clearer. I meant his perception of App since we already endured ours!!!

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:55 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:50 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
Lol, I should have been clearer. I meant his perception of App since we already endured ours!!!
Woooow!!!! I just re read your original post and I guess the first time I just saw what I wanted to see! Oh well it led to some good laughs down in the rabbit hole.
FREQS AND GEEKS!

GastonApp09

Unread post by GastonApp09 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:54 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:55 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:50 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
Woooow!!!! I just re read your original post and I guess the first time I just saw what I wanted to see! Oh well it led to some good laughs down in the rabbit hole.
You definitely find every type of fan imaginable down that rabbit hole...definitely some crazy opinions on this board!
Body stuck in Gaston County...heart stuck in Boone! Go Apps!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:13 pm

Ted Roof is a good man and a good coach. He filled a huge hole for us and helped us reach unparalleled success.I appreciate his contributions and wish him the best.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”