• Birthdays
    • WXAPP (56)

Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by NO.2 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm

'75App wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 am
Colin K says "hello"! I won't be purchasing any Nike items.

GO APPS!
Any chance you drive an F-150?



app73
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:30 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by app73 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Looks like the field hockey team has Nike uniforms but Asics shoes. Maybe Nike doesn't make shoes for field hockey.



Seattleapp
Posts: 504
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:00 am
Has thanked: 426 times
Been thanked: 170 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm
'75App wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 am
Colin K says "hello"! I won't be purchasing any Nike items.

GO APPS!
Any chance you drive an F-150?
Tread lightly.



User avatar
Gonzo
Posts: 4723
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:11 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 496 times
Been thanked: 1710 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:12 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 pm
NO.2 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm
'75App wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 am
Colin K says "hello"! I won't be purchasing any Nike items.

GO APPS!
Any chance you drive an F-150?
Tread lightly.
Image



Tbatchelor1977
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by Tbatchelor1977 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Maybe I go to bookstore during the wrong time of year (football season), I never see actual (or very similar) game-day jerseys...



User avatar
SayYesToTheRock
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Boone, NC
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:45 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 pm
Maybe I go to bookstore during the wrong time of year (football season), I never see actual (or very similar) game-day jerseys...
It's not just you.
The Bookstore does a terrible job stocking the Nike Replica football jerseys, and they have for several years now. They have plenty of the cheap-looking "Coliseum" Brand jerseys, which look nothing like our actual jerseys.

The only place I even saw Nike replicas for sale this WHOLE YEAR was on the Dick's Sporting Goods website -- and you could only buy a #1 jersey.



User avatar
boonegoons89
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:15 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 30 times
Been thanked: 50 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by boonegoons89 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 pm

'75App wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 am
Colin K says "hello"! I won't be purchasing any Nike items.

GO APPS!
Nike: https://giphy.com/gifs/YVBC4HdSpB7z2



User avatar
hotrod2001
Posts: 1123
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:26 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 375 times
Been thanked: 405 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:05 pm
It was my understanding that Nike's exclusivity contract pertains to what our players wear on the field, but not necessarily items available for fan purchase. If no one outside of Nike were allowed to produce App gear we wouldn't have several stores devoted especially to App gear all over Boone stocked with other brands. I agree with others in that the Nike-brand App gear I've owned has been of much higher quality than others.

We will and should never stray from our contract with Nike as far as student athlete uniforms go. They make the best stuff. If you can't wait for the official threads from Nike I'm sure you can grab a pull over made by someone else that shrinks at the neck and cuffs like the POS, non-Nike, crew-neck sweatshirt I wasted my money all in 2018. Literally wore it once.
I'm pretty sure if you pay the $300 or whatever the license fee is and App approves of your designs, they'll let you put App stuff on anything. Guarantee you there are more Beefy-T's around campus than any other brand out there, lol.



kornegaylw
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:43 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:33 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:01 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 am
Get under armor to make them
No. Being a Nike school is a recruiting tool.

UA is not cool.
It ain’t cool to me. I don’t buy anything Nike. I actually like UA stuff.
UA may be your personal preference and that is fine...but unless you are a 14-18 year old male playing football with the potential to play collegiate football no one offering scholarships care what your opinion is regarding Appalachians official apparel provider.



User avatar
NO.2
Posts: 714
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 304 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by NO.2 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 am

I was surprised to learn that we're the only Nike school in the Belt.



kornegaylw
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:04 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 am
I was surprised to learn that we're the only Nike school in the Belt.
Nike has a good hold on G5 schools in our region...Marshall, MTSU & UNC-Concord are Nike schools as well.

Apparel companies want their logo on winning teams uniforms which means that if we are lucky we might get a better deal with Nike soon.

I cannot stress this point enough. Our deal with Nike matters and is a deciding factor to recruits. Do not underestimate the power of the Swoosh.

Imagine if we could become the only G5 Jordan Brand school! (For those that don't know, Jordan brand is a part of Nike)



Mjohn1988
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 121 times
Been thanked: 531 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:47 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:43 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:33 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:01 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:54 am
Get under armor to make them
No. Being a Nike school is a recruiting tool.

UA is not cool.
It ain’t cool to me. I don’t buy anything Nike. I actually like UA stuff.
UA may be your personal preference and that is fine...but unless you are a 14-18 year old male playing football with the potential to play collegiate football no one offering scholarships care what your opinion is regarding Appalachians official apparel provider.
I am well aware of the fact that I’m outside of the demographic that Nike cares about. I do find it hard to believe that young people are making major life choices, such as which school to attend, based on who makes the uniform. But we are living in the instagram age and substances has taken a back seat to appearance.



User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 226 times
Contact:

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:03 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:18 pm
NO.2 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:17 am
I was surprised to learn that we're the only Nike school in the Belt.
Nike has a good hold on G5 schools in our region...Marshall, MTSU & UNC-Concord are Nike schools as well.

Apparel companies want their logo on winning teams uniforms which means that if we are lucky we might get a better deal with Nike soon.

I cannot stress this point enough. Our deal with Nike matters and is a deciding factor to recruits. Do not underestimate the power of the Swoosh.

Imagine if we could become the only G5 Jordan Brand school! (For those that don't know, Jordan brand is a part of Nike)
Did our BBall program not briefly wear Brand Jordan uni's during the 2nd Buzz and/or early Capel tenure? I remember thinking to myself that I'd love to have got my hand on one of those. I realize we weren't an "official" Brand Jordan program but the Jordan kicks and gear couldn't have hurt in recruiting at the time. For some reason I believe we parted ways with Buzz, or rather Buzz parted ways with us, again, and they were gone pretty quick. I could be wrong and we might never have worn Brand Jordan uni's and it was the Jordan shoes with our actual University Gold that my head is simply remembering. Sidenote: my high school boy's team (Hickory) wears the jumpman and they're pretty darn sweet...



NewApp
Posts: 5192
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 475 times
Been thanked: 491 times
Contact:

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:55 pm

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm
'75App wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 am
Colin K says "hello"! I won't be purchasing any Nike items.

GO APPS!
Any chance you drive an F-150?
Seems like the 49'ers are doing just fine without CK's skills at QB much the less not having to deal with a head case. Just sayin.'


If you can't take it, don't dish it out

DoesntEvenGoHere
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:37 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Not Here Obvi
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Contact:

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by DoesntEvenGoHere » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:47 pm
I am well aware of the fact that I’m outside of the demographic that Nike cares about. I do find it hard to believe that young people are making major life choices, such as which school to attend, based on who makes the uniform. But we are living in the instagram age and substances has taken a back seat to appearance.
They're not, for the most part. People get way to caught up in this. ADULTS freak out over apparel providers more so than prospective student-athletes.

We probably won't even be Nike when our contract runs out. I would actually bet on it. Nike has the NFL, the NBA, and MLB now. They control most of the major football teams (P5 major) & the most dominant CBB teams. Adidas and Under Armour are THROWING money at schools trying to bid for the rest. When our Nike contract runs out I guarantee you that one of those companies offers us a deal we just can't turn down.



NewApp
Posts: 5192
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 475 times
Been thanked: 491 times
Contact:

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 am

NO.2 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:50 pm
'75App wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:13 am
Colin K says "hello"! I won't be purchasing any Nike items.

GO APPS!
Any chance you drive an F-150?

Perhaps he drives a Prius but happens to be patriotic.


If you can't take it, don't dish it out

appstate24
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 226 times
Been thanked: 219 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:06 am

DoesntEvenGoHere wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:47 pm
I am well aware of the fact that I’m outside of the demographic that Nike cares about. I do find it hard to believe that young people are making major life choices, such as which school to attend, based on who makes the uniform. But we are living in the instagram age and substances has taken a back seat to appearance.
They're not, for the most part. People get way to caught up in this. ADULTS freak out over apparel providers more so than prospective student-athletes.

We probably won't even be Nike when our contract runs out. I would actually bet on it. Nike has the NFL, the NBA, and MLB now. They control most of the major football teams (P5 major) & the most dominant CBB teams. Adidas and Under Armour are THROWING money at schools trying to bid for the rest. When our Nike contract runs out I guarantee you that one of those companies offers us a deal we just can't turn down.
All things aside, I hesitate to say that because I disagree with virtually everything Nike stands for; Nike’s stuff soooo much better than anyone else. Adidas and Under Armour put out some awful, terrible, hideous looking uniforms. I hope we can renegotiate with Nike. GO APPS!!



SpeedkingATL
Posts: 1130
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:40 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Atlanta GA
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 195 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by SpeedkingATL » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:24 am

I will mention that if you are a golfer, I have purchased a number of quarter top long-sleeve tops and vests from the bookstore make by Ping. They are superb quality and the items I wear the most of all my App swag.



Boone Goon
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:36 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Triangle
Has thanked: 653 times
Been thanked: 360 times

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by Boone Goon » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:21 am

The new TIGMA shirts in the bookstore are terrible! I don't understand how you could get such a simple design that wrong?!?!


If you don't love Yosef, than I can't love you!

User avatar
HkyMtneer
Posts: 749
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Hickory, NC
Has thanked: 97 times
Been thanked: 226 times
Contact:

Re: Nike Mountaineer Football Gear

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:31 am

Boone Goon wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:21 am
The new TIGMA shirts in the bookstore are terrible! I don't understand how you could get such a simple design that wrong?!?!
They have them? Why do they look so bad? I was hoping to get up and get a couple once/if they made them to the bookstore but now...



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online