Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

6 Teams who could make noise in 2020

WVAPPeer
School: Other

6 Teams who could make noise in 2020

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:07 am

"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: 6 Teams who could make noise in 2020

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 am

Yep, gotta take care of Wake and Wisconsin.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:54 am

Beat Morgan State!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:56 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 am
Agreed. I know I would not think we are top 25 worthy if we don't win at least 1 of those P5 teams but I feel like we need to win both or else our best case is getting to 23-25 range. I really want to hit the top 15 by the time it starts to matter when CFP Rankings come out.

My question would be what would voters think if we split Wisconsin and Wake Forest and then lose a close game to a SBC team but beat everyone else by double digits?

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:00 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:56 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Agreed. I know I would not think we are top 25 worthy if we don't win at least 1 of those P5 teams but I feel like we need to win both or else our best case is getting to 23-25 range. I really want to hit the top 15 by the time it starts to matter when CFP Rankings come out.

My question would be what would voters think if we split Wisconsin and Wake Forest and then lose a close game to a SBC team but beat everyone else by double digits?
I doubt we'd be ranked. I bet if we had lost to South Carolina we would've never been ranked this year. But I've been wrong once or twice.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:09 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:00 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:56 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:

I doubt we'd be ranked. I bet if we had lost to South Carolina we would've never been ranked this year. But I've been wrong once or twice.
Had we lost to South Carolina we would not have been ranked. We should not have been ranked. South Carolina was a 4-win SEC team who was awful. They lost to UNC, Tennessee, Missouri, and had no quality wins outside of the UGA upset. The only reason UGA was ranked top 10 and deserve it is the key wins they had over top 10 Notre Dame, Auburn, Florida, and Baylor.

Look at it this way our argument for top 25 was SBC Champion, 2 P5 road wins, we beat 2 teams who won bowl games (Louisiana, and North Carolina), and 5 wins over teams who went to bowl games (Louisiana x2, Charlotte, Georgia State, and North Carolina). Had we lose to SC or UNC it would reduce that resume big time with 2 losses to unranked teams and no top 30 wins.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:18 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:09 pm

Look at it this way our argument for top 25 was SBC Champion, 2 P5 road wins, we beat 3 teams who won bowl games (Charlotte, Louisiana, and North Carolina), and 5 wins over teams who went to bowl games (Louisiana x2, Charlotte, Georgia State, and North Carolina). Had we lose to SC or UNC it would reduce that resume big time with 2 losses to unranked teams and no top 30 wins.
Charlotte got boat raced in their bowl game...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:18 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:09 pm
Charlotte got boat raced in their bowl game...
I was editing that and then saw you replied by then. Yes, Buffalo took it to them. We had 3 wins over teams who won bowl games and instead of thinking Louisiana twice when I typed that I wrote Charlotte. I was pulling for Charlotte though. The more wins we have over teams with bowl wins the better it looks for us.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:49 pm

I like that we say things like gotta take care of Wisconsin. I’m all about confidence but maybe we should come back to earth just a little and temper down a bit

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Is this the official thread that kick starts the “beat Morgan St”, win 1 at a time, don’t look ahead, “come back down to earth” and other piss on corn flakes stuff that will go on until September? Will it also be policed by the football gods who point out that a message board guy saying “take care of ______ “ is speaking some dumb language? Can’t folks just have fun, speculate and hope for good things without being put down?

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:20 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:14 pm
Is this the official thread that kick starts the “beat Morgan St”, win 1 at a time, don’t look ahead, “come back down to earth” and other piss on corn flakes stuff that will go on until September? Will it also be policed by the football gods who point out that a message board guy saying “take care of ______ “ is speaking some dumb language? Can’t folks just have fun, speculate and hope for good things without being put down?
No.....;)

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:22 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Reality is a weird thing I know. Yes let’s all agree we will go 13-0 and play in the national championship and kick clemson by 40. Not only next year but every other year until the end of time. Is that better? Now we can close the door to yosefs cabin forever because there is nothing left to discuss. Everyone on this board wants app to win every game. That’s never been up for debate. But guess what? Our opponents want to win too and pointing out various challenges we may face isn’t pissing in anyone’s cereal.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:22 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Reality is a weird thing I know. Yes let’s all agree we will go 13-0 and play in the national championship and kick clemson by 40. Not only next year but every other year until the end of time. Is that better? Now we can close the door to yosefs cabin forever because there is nothing left to discuss. Everyone on this board wants app to win every game. That’s never been up for debate. But guess what? Our opponents want to win too and pointing out various challenges we may face isn’t pissing in anyone’s cereal.
Exactly. We have to be careful with arrogance. See some on this board may not know this but back in 2007 a top 5 FBS team Michigan was projected to be a national title contender (and we are not in 2020) and they faced a FCS team who nobody thought had a chance. Michigan ignored this team their entire preseason and nobody thought the game would be closer than 30 points. Everyone expected an easy tuneup before Oregon and their "real schedule". I don't know if those guys have heard of that game but they may want to. It is a good lesson about how arrogance and counting your chicken before they are hatched is not a good thing. Anyone can beat anyone on any given Saturday and that is 100% true.

DoesntEvenGoHere

Unread post by DoesntEvenGoHere » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:33 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Exactly. We have to be careful with arrogance. See some on this board may not know this but back in 2007 a top 5 FBS team Michigan was projected to be a national title contender (and we are not in 2020) and they faced a FCS team who nobody thought had a chance. Michigan ignored this team their entire preseason and nobody thought the game would be closer than 30 points. Everyone expected an easy tuneup before Oregon and their "real schedule". I don't know if those guys have heard of that game but they may want to. It is a good lesson about how arrogance and counting your chicken before they are hatched is not a good thing. Anyone can beat anyone on any given Saturday and that is 100% true.
Seriously?

No one is taking anyone lightly, but you are absolutely KIDDING YOURSELF if you think talking about Wisconsin or Wake Forest in JANUARY on a MESSAGE BOARD is somehow going to make the actual physical team overlook Morgan State, what, 8 months out?!?

The team probably doesn't even know the actual schedule by heart. The team probably doesn't even realize they play Morgan State to open the year yet. The team isn't even worried about who they play next year at the moment, they're focused on offseason workouts, spring ball, SPRING BREAK (hello, they are in college), and summer workouts. They just got out of season mode. They're not worried about what fans talk about on Yosef's Cabin.

So, I say we talk about Wisconsin and Wake Forest and Georgia Southern and whoever the hell we want to talk about. We can talk about Morgan state when it's closer than 225 days away. Maybe when we're like 100? How long do you REALLY THINK it takes to lock-in? If you think we need to be locked in 24/7 you really didn't enjoy college...

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:05 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
No. WE don't have to be careful about anything. We are fans on a message board. We can talk about whatever we want to whenever we want to, and the great thing is that has absolutely zero impact on how the team performs.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Hilarious that people act like even the actual team is somehow prepping for Morgan State right now. January through the first three weeks of fall practice are for preparing for *the season* - not one game. Even the players won’t start paying attention to the first opponent until a week or so before that game.

P.S. we’re going to absolutely annihilate Morgan State. It will make that ETSU game some of y’all were so worried about look competitive.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 pm

DoesntEvenGoHere wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:33 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Seriously?

No one is taking anyone lightly, but you are absolutely KIDDING YOURSELF if you think talking about Wisconsin or Wake Forest in JANUARY on a MESSAGE BOARD is somehow going to make the actual physical team overlook Morgan State, what, 8 months out?!?

The team probably doesn't even know the actual schedule by heart. The team probably doesn't even realize they play Morgan State to open the year yet. The team isn't even worried about who they play next year at the moment, they're focused on offseason workouts, spring ball, SPRING BREAK (hello, they are in college), and summer workouts. They just got out of season mode. They're not worried about what fans talk about on Yosef's Cabin.

So, I say we talk about Wisconsin and Wake Forest and Georgia Southern and whoever the hell we want to talk about. We can talk about Morgan state when it's closer than 225 days away. Maybe when we're like 100? How long do you REALLY THINK it takes to lock-in? If you think we need to be locked in 24/7 you really didn't enjoy college...
It was sarcasm because some act like these FCS games will always be a gimme game. Outside of a top 5 FCS team it should be a gimme game but should and will be are two different things.

I agree nothing wrong with speculating on how we will do against those teams or how it may impact us nationally because we are now top 25 and it is something that can happen. We could beat them. My point for the sarcasm is that some act like because Morgan State is not a good team we should not take them seriously. We should take every game seriously and never assume an outcome.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:57 pm

appst89 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:05 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
No. WE don't have to be careful about anything. We are fans on a message board. We can talk about whatever we want to whenever we want to, and the great thing is that has absolutely zero impact on how the team performs.

You are right about that and that applies to all opinions

NeersBy90

Unread post by NeersBy90 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:34 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Where is Michigan and what happened there in 2007?

Are you suggesting that Michigan fans on their message boards are the reason Michigan overlooked us? A fans arrogance has never, not one time, cost a football team a game. I will continue to forget who we play the first game and look forward to bigger games. I will do this until my arrogance and that of the others around me, cost App a football game. I'll leave Morgan State or ETSU or whoever it us, up to Coach Clark and the boys that play the game.

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:25 pm

Overall, no matter who you are, player or fan, or what team you root for, arrogance is is NOT a good quality.
I think what some posters are trying to express, is not that you should or shouldn't discuss the big games like WF and Wisconsin, but the attitude that is behind these discussions. At least that's how I'm interpreting some of these post.
Pride cometh before the fall.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”