Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2020 and beyond Uniforms

GastonApp09
School: Appalachian State

2020 and beyond Uniforms

Unread post by GastonApp09 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:53 pm

Judging by a couple different factors, including the fact at how often Nike changes uniform templates, I would imagine that it is time for us to get some new football uniforms. I'm not trying to start a war between traditionalists and progressives here, but I am curious, what types of things would you guys like to see in the next version of App uniforms?

For me, I love the all black and all white looks. I don't mind the gold pants, but really don't care for the gold tops. I would be interested to see what new templates Nike has to offer us. I love how our most recent look wasn't too simple but wasn't gaudy and over the top.
Body stuck in Gaston County...heart stuck in Boone! Go Apps!

EastHallApp

Re: 2020 and beyond Uniforms

Unread post by EastHallApp » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:02 pm

I think our current design is perfection. Obviously we all will have color combos we like more or less than others, but the basic design elements (font, stripes, piping, helmet logo, etc) are awesome.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:26 pm

I've always loved these, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we broke them out once in a while.
Attachments
image3.jpg
FREQS AND GEEKS!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm

I will always love the all black look but I did like the use of gold this year. The gold stands out. I’m also in for that once a year gray uni with black numbers. On a separate note I think the university should really concentrate on making gold clothing the choice for our fans. I watched replays our UNC and SC games and our fans in gold really stand out. Also, if the platers want a white out I’ll do it but KBS would look really good in gold. I would also really love for us to find a way to use the ESPN Yosef.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:22 pm

If it were up to me I’d get rid of the shoulder pad stripes and the belt. When we’re wearing all black that block A on the helmet would really pop as the only real swath of color besides maybe the cleats. But alas it isn’t up to me.
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

Lowcountry App

Unread post by Lowcountry App » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:28 pm

I may be in the minority but I’m not a fan of the mustard yellow jerseys. Not a good look IMO. Let’s not confuse yellow for gold. We no longer use gold for some reason. I’m ok with just about any color combo other than that. All black being my favorite. Those jerseys on the cover of SI looked good.

NavyApp

Unread post by NavyApp » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:34 pm

Lowcountry App wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:28 pm
I may be in the minority but I’m not a fan of the mustard yellow jerseys. Not a good look IMO. Let’s not confuse yellow for gold. We no longer use gold for some reason. I’m ok with just about any color combo other than that. All black being my favorite. Those jerseys on the cover of SI looked good.
I love the satin black pants from the championship era as well as rounded shoulder piping. Oh and that HUGE block A!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:36 am

Black and Gold always! No gray like other schools wear.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:36 am

Personally, all black should be the standard for home games with occasionally mixing in an all white or some other combinations for a couple of games. At least one "black out" and one "white out" at home each year. For other home games, all black is my preference overall..On the road, mix it up as much as you can within conference rules. Yellow, gray. I may have different opinion if we generated revenue from various color schemes, but we do not.. difficult to find the current black jersey with a number other than No. 1 anywhere.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:30 am

We should bring out a Flying Yosef helmet for a special occasion this year. Also need to leave the black and chrome back in The Upsidedown.

yosef95

Unread post by yosef95 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:54 am

Agree with someone earlier, drop the jersey strips and 2 tone color jerseys. Wish they'd be all black or all white.

GastonApp09

Unread post by GastonApp09 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:34 am

We did the all black look before with nothing else on the jersey during the Lamb/Cox era....it looked way too plain and boring. We don't need to be Alabama/Penn State/Georgia Southern.
Body stuck in Gaston County...heart stuck in Boone! Go Apps!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:12 pm

1. The stripes on the shoulders is plain. I'd love to see some gold accents in a more modern style.
2. The corn-cob pipe Yosef helmets decals should be seen way more often
3. Don't do the "banana" all gold look again.
4. Throwback unis from the 2007 & the 2008/2009 gold Nike jerseys (then auction them off)

And GOLD CHROME HELMETS

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:59 pm

The Chrome helmets may look awesome in person, but on TV they look terrible. I will say that again, they look terrible. The Mountaineer Block A that was worn during the Georgia Southern Halloween Game just disappeared into the helmet on TV. I do not want to look like Wake Forest, Troy, or Western Kentucky. The chrome helmets just do not look good. If they did you would see them more in the Power 5 conferences than you do. The flying Yosef was fine for the Mac Brown and Sparky Woods Era, but this is the Shawn Clark Era and should be the Shawn Clark Era uniform.

I did not like when Satterfield changed to the Black Mountaineer Block A from the White Block A, but that has grown on me. I am just glad that Drinkwitz did not mess with perfection. I would like to see what a Gold Mountaineer Block A would look like and that may be what the Clark Era Mountaineer Block A is. White for Moore, Black for Satterfield, and Gold for Clark.

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:08 pm

I like the gold (yeller) and don’t care who knows it.

I’d love to see the all black be all black—the stripes have a Steelers feel that I don’t love. I think blacked out with gold numbers and names would be a good look. Maybe with that victory Yosef gold helmet we used this year.

I don’t care for the white uniforms and would be happy with only breaking them out on snow games. And I don’t mind gold gloves and cleats except the cleats look like flags and the gloves are holding targets.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:00 pm

I agree with what a lot of folks are saying. Make the home black unis simpler and more black like the ones they wore when we first moved up to FBS. I also dislike the gold tops, but really like gold pants with black or white tops.

Personally I’m a fan of leaving the uniforms alone, but mixing it up with the helmets. Black, yellow, and white helmets with black or white block A, Yosef, flying Yosef, etc. If you’ve seen the helmet visors they’ve shared on social media the last couple days, I think that mountain ridge design could be cool on the side of a helmet.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:13 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:59 pm
I will always love the all black look but I did like the use of gold this year. The gold stands out. I’m also in for that once a year gray uni with black numbers. On a separate note I think the university should really concentrate on making gold clothing the choice for our fans. I watched replays our UNC and SC games and our fans in gold really stand out. Also, if the platers want a white out I’ll do it but KBS would look really good in gold. I would also really love for us to find a way to use the ESPN Yosef.
YES
The Appalachian State

DoesntEvenGoHere

Unread post by DoesntEvenGoHere » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:22 pm

From what I've heard, Yosef use isn't really promoted. Rarely ever see anything new anymore with a Yosef on it. It's like we can't use it or something. I find it hard to believe that we can use it and just choose not too. You don't see it on Football uniforms or helmets really. How many times have we used Yosef on a helmet this decade? Once this year? Last time was probably 6 years ago. Fans love it. I just don't see it being so loved & just not used unless there is an underlying reason. So I tend to believe what I've heard.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Solid uniform whether it be black, white or gold. With shoes to match.
Bring Your A Game!

SayYesToTheRock

Unread post by SayYesToTheRock » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:05 pm

The numbers on our uniforms are too small. Make them bigger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”