Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Preseason SP+ Rankings

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Preseason SP+ Rankings

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:52 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:16 pm
mike87 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:25 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:22 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:13 pm
5th G5 team

We all know these polls mean nothing but its nice to see we are where we are.

The bias for UNC at 17 is ridiculously nauseating
I'm not a UNC fan in any way, shape, or form but they didn't lose a game in 2019 by more than one score and lost two OT games. Flip two of those games and they finish 9-4 rather than 7-6. If they managed to beat Clemson they could've been sitting at 10-4. That's a big swing based on games in OT & a failed 2-PT conversion.
They came within a field goal of taking the #19 team in the nation to overtime too.
We came within one play of going undefeated and a NY6 bowl too!
He is right on UNC. I can't stand them but they were a much better team and as much as our fans loved seeing us rated in the top 20 when we probably weren't the 20th best team in the country we have to respect the expectations for UNC. There are plenty of reasons to expect them to be very good.

As for us being within one play of going undefeated you are so right. I am still not sure that we go to NY6 as an undefeated team over Memphis though. We did not have a top 25 win like Memphis had.

You also have to acknowledge that we were 3 plays away from losing 4 games and playing in the same bowl that Louisiana did. We could have lost to UNC, SC, and the SBC title game. All of those games came down to the very end. We were also close to getting blown out by GSU. We had some tough injuries and some conservative playcalling that almost cost us big.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”