Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

TV worth watching

appfanjj
School: Appalachian State

TV worth watching

Unread post by appfanjj » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:57 pm

The ACC network will show a replay of the App State vs North Carolina football game on Saturday March 28 at noon. Looking forward to seeing the game on TV. I attended and haven’t seen it on TV yet. So...finally some worthwhile sports to watch.

AppinVA

Re: TV worth watching

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:49 pm

I’ve been looking for that one on my guide. Glad they’re going to finally show it.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:03 am

appfanjj wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:57 pm
The ACC network will show a replay of the App State vs North Carolina football game on Saturday March 28 at noon. Looking forward to seeing the game on TV. I attended and haven’t seen it on TV yet. So...finally some worthwhile sports to watch.
Someone posted the link on Youtube (minus the commercials) a day or two after the game.

NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:02 am

Is there a you tube version of the App St. South Carolina game?
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:02 am
yes

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:29 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:02 am
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:31 am

I watched the SC game yesterday. We made a lot of mistakes in fourth quarter. Eli's aggressiveness early in games is only matched by his conservatism late in games. I will not miss that aspect of his game.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 am

Eli did a good job overall as a coach but when he got this job, everyone was excited about the offense being turned loose and how we were going to be more aggressive under him. That absolutely was NOT the case. If anything, I think he was MORE conservative with a lead and we left a lot on the table. It's easy to site back and critique after the fact, but almost all coaches do this to some extent. I don't think either the UNC or the SC games would have come down to the final seconds if we had waiting a bit longer to go conservative.

I'm not saying this to complain. For me it actually gives me some reassurance that we have options. If the D drops off a bit this season, hopefully the O can (and will) pick up that slack. That's why they play the games.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:19 pm

I’ve rewatched the SC game quite a few times. Each time I’m blown away at how bad the officials were. Credit to the boys, cause not only did they beat the Gamecocks they beat the officials as well. GO APPS!!

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:58 pm

We were fortunate to win the SC game. Defense was asked to do a lot, especially in the second half. We went conservative too early but we all knew that was going to happen.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 am
Eli did a good job overall as a coach but when he got this job, everyone was excited about the offense being turned loose and how we were going to be more aggressive under him. That absolutely was NOT the case. If anything, I think he was MORE conservative with a lead and we left a lot on the table. It's easy to site back and critique after the fact, but almost all coaches do this to some extent. I don't think either the UNC or the SC games would have come down to the final seconds if we had waiting a bit longer to go conservative.

I'm not saying this to complain. For me it actually gives me some reassurance that we have options. If the D drops off a bit this season, hopefully the O can (and will) pick up that slack. That's why they play the games.
I'm with you here. I expect Shawn Clark to be more aggressive. The biggest advantage I saw with Drink turned out that he did not do it. I was hoping for us to be more aggressive but he was very conservative when we had chances to go up big. UNC and SC simply should not have come down to the last play. I felt like we left a lot on the table. Our attitude should have been guys lets run this score up and make a statement but instead it felt like oh crap we have a big lead, and we aren't suppose to, so let's just do what we can to get out of here with a win.

With that said, I think our defensive game plan was amazing. We likely could not have duplicated that again and Clemson could not even dominate them up front like we did. Our defensive staff put up a great game plan.

As someone else said, we should be very proud of our players because not only did they beat a SEC team on the road but they beat the refs too. The refs were trying to give them the game. I remember the late hit out of bounds on us that was the exact same when they did it but they did not get the penalty like we did.

We need to be ready because I expect the refs to try and help Wake Forest and Wisconsin.

Parks&RecAPP

Unread post by Parks&RecAPP » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:42 am

Fast forward to 14:21 you'll see the hit from Josh Thomas in the ETSU game. 16:54 hit from Jordan Fehr in the UNCC game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”