Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

5 Greatest CFB Games

WASU 93
School: Appalachian State

5 Greatest CFB Games

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:24 pm

A little App State love:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -favorites

"Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 (2007): I wasn't at the Big House to see FCS program Appalachian State take down No. 5 Michigan 34-32 in the 2007 season opener, which was one of the biggest upsets in the sport's history. I was at Virginia Tech, covering the Hokies' first game back after the horrific campus shooting. After seeing the final score, I jumped into my rental car and drove to Boone, North Carolina, where I was among the thousands of people who welcomed the Mountaineers back to campus. I spent a few hours locating the goalposts from Appalachian State's home field, which ended up in the university president's front yard."

McLeansvilleAppFan

Re: 5 Greatest CFB Games

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:00 pm

>...which ended up in the university president's front yard."

Piss-poor journalism. Everyone knows we have a chancellor at the university level and a president at the UNC System level. I am not sure if I can ever go to this website again. :-)

Articles like this I still appreciate to be honest. Sometimes I grow tired of the Michigan but it is rare it doesn't put a smile on my face, a big smile.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:56 am

I'll never grow tired of the Michigan win in general but I do cringe now days when they keep bringing it up during our games like it has something to do with our current team. It was a HUGE game and helped propel the program at the time. It's an important piece of history but it is just inaccurate to represent it like "This is the team that beat Michigan at the Big House."

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:56 am
I'll never grow tired of the Michigan win in general but I do cringe now days when they keep bringing it up during our games like it has something to do with our current team. It was a HUGE game and helped propel the program at the time. It's an important piece of history but it is just inaccurate to represent it like "This is the team that beat Michigan at the Big House."
I think that is my feelings which you were able to put in words better than I was with "No not like-some!" (For full effect speak with a caveman sound.)

I did watch the 5 minute video done the other year with the players and it put a little teat in my eye to be honest and I noticed I was sitting there with a smile on my face the entire time.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:56 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:56 am
I agree with you. In the current setting, I'd rather them mention that we've won 5 Straight Bowls, 2 Straight Sun Belt Conference Championship Games, etc.

However, it's always good to have the program on a "best list" and I appreciate that he was a part of the celebration.

AppSt80

Unread post by AppSt80 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:30 pm

Nothing we ever do will top the Michigan game.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”