Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Article on Shawn Clark from WV Metro Sports

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Article on Shawn Clark from WV Metro Sports

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:29 pm

Going to be another in a long line of great coaches with West BY GOD Virginia roots !!!
http://wvmetronews.com/2020/04/03/gw-gr ... ian-state/
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Re: Article on Shawn Clark from WV Metro Sports

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:51 pm

Wish he would have kept that part about “making plans to go to Missouri” to himself. I wanted to here something like, I told Drink I was a Mountaineer. I know, I know, money. Very exited about what he said about being able to run the ball when they know your going to run it. I was once a O lineman and I loved going up to the line and telling the guy in front of me, we’re going to run the ball and you can’t stop us, that was fun, and a really long time ago.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:41 am

No problem with Clark's reference to Mizzou. The order of timeline was Drink called and offered him the job. At that point in time, no offer from App St. to be head coach. I like his honesty. Rarely get that these days in a coaches interview.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:29 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:51 pm
Wish he would have kept that part about “making plans to go to Missouri” to himself. I wanted to here something like, I told Drink I was a Mountaineer. I know, I know, money. Very exited about what he said about being able to run the ball when they know your going to run it. I was once a O lineman and I loved going up to the line and telling the guy in front of me, we’re going to run the ball and you can’t stop us, that was fun, and a really long time ago.
On the contrary for me, it is first I have heard it but it tells me Eli thinks very highly of Clark. That is a great compliment.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:59 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:29 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
On the contrary for me, it is first I have heard it but it tells me Eli thinks very highly of Clark. That is a great compliment.
I was really just kind of joking about the comment but I also thought it was good that he was wanted at the SEC level.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:12 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
My first reaction was the same but it's not JUST money. It's EMPLOYMENT. At the time he was thinking that, he had an interim job and no assurance of anything moving forward. If another coach had been hired, he would have had to convince that coach that he should be the man. Then add the difference on salary on top of that! Nobody can blame a coach for making decisions to protect himself and his family. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know (and probably agree with...not meaning to put words in your mouth) but some fans can be a bit unreasonable.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:15 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:12 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
My first reaction was the same but it's not JUST money. It's EMPLOYMENT. At the time he was thinking that, he had an interim job and no assurance of anything moving forward. If another coach had been hired, he would have had to convince that coach that he should be the man. Then add the difference on salary on top of that! Nobody can blame a coach for making decisions to protect himself and his family. I know I'm not telling you anything you don't know (and probably agree with...not meaning to put words in your mouth) but some fans can be a bit unreasonable.
No blame, it would have just made a better story if all that other stuff wasn’t in the way and he could have just been able to say, no way, I’m staying here, I’m a Mountaineer. I get all the reason he had to consider going with Drink. Any realistic person in his position would have and should have done the same.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”