Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Michigan game rewatch

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Michigan game rewatch

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:59 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:44 am
appst89 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:03 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:45 am
It took a homer PI call to set up that field goal attempt!
I think Manningham made the catch, and they declined the PI.
Could pretty easily argue that it was Manningham who pushed off on that call, too.

I do love that we're debating a game that happened 13 years ago. Corona times is good times for the MMB.
Whose side are you on?
Last edited by NewApp on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:22 pm

At some point I wold like to discuss the JMU playoff game later that year. Another exciting ending to say the least and allowed the Michigan to mean that much more to me.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:46 pm

I'll say one last thing..we were the better team (especially without them having Hart) that day and most of the rest of the season. We won fair and square. Nothing fluke about it..at least no more than what kept THEM in the game. They were fortunate we didn't beat them by a greater margin.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:39 pm

Man I started this thread to just talk about how cool that game was not debate if should have lost it or not.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:34 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:39 pm
Man I started this thread to just talk about how cool that game was not debate if should have lost it or not.
Hey, this is YC, of course we are going off on a thousand side-trips. It is why this board is so fun to read and stays so active compared to other message boards for other schools.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:28 pm

That Michigan team had Top 10 talent in the country. Manningham, Henne, Hart, Jake Long, Crable, etc.

Michigan went 9-4 that season. Got boatraced the following week by Dennis Dixon's Oregon team (who was the No. 1 team in the country until he got hurt) and lost at Wisconsin, but still would have gone to the Rose Bowl had they beat Ohio State at home in the final game.

Michigan still went on to upset Tebow and Florida in the Citrus Bowl and finished No. 18 in the AP Poll. They were pretty darn good and probably would have been Top 10 had they beaten us.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:19 pm

NewApp wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:01 am
Didn't we only play something like as little as 27 players that day? If that is true, our training must have been top notch.
Jerry had brought that up numerous times over the years. According to the participation count, it's not true as I believe between 40-50 App players saw the field.

What I think Jerry meant was offensive and defensively, there were only 27 different players in the regular rotations. Corey Lynch played every defensive and special teams snap.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:08 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:39 am
I didn’t say that we didn’t deserve to win. Fluke, upset, whatever you want to call it is fine. I agree with your comments. We were the better team for the better part of 60 minutes. My point is that even the fact that we were the best team App could be that day, it still took a blocked kick of a makeable FG to preserve the win.
App wasn’t the best team they could be either. Plenty of mistakes by both teams as App lost the turnover battle. It took a freshman and future NFL WR (Quick) dropping a wide open TD and a missed FG to put UM in position to even have a chance at the end. Those “high ass” Wolverine players were lucky it wasn’t worse, our Mountaineers should’ve won by more that day!

Call it what you want but Michigan failed schematically on defense and special teams. They were not ready to defend the spread that day or the next week. Hence the firing of Carr following the season and the hiring of Rich Rod.

I know everyone looks to the blocked FG as the defining moment but for me, outside of the last game winning FG drive, the last series of the 1st half where we ran the ball 8-9 plays in a row resulting in a TD showed me we could walk out of the Big House victorious.

The sound of silence from 100k fans never sounded so sweet!!!
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:15 am

moonshine wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:08 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:39 am
I didn’t say that we didn’t deserve to win. Fluke, upset, whatever you want to call it is fine. I agree with your comments. We were the better team for the better part of 60 minutes. My point is that even the fact that we were the best team App could be that day, it still took a blocked kick of a makeable FG to preserve the win.
App wasn’t the best team they could be either. Plenty of mistakes by both teams as App lost the turnover battle. It took a freshman and future NFL WR (Quick) dropping a wide open TD and a missed FG to put UM in position to even have a chance at the end. Those “high ass” Wolverine players were lucky it wasn’t worse, our Mountaineers should’ve won by more that day!

Call it what you want but Michigan failed schematically on defense and special teams. They were not ready to defend the spread that day or the next week. Hence the firing of Carr following the season and the hiring of Rich Rod.

I know everyone looks to the blocked FG as the defining moment but for me, outside of the last game winning FG drive, the last series of the 1st half where we ran the ball 8-9 plays in a row resulting in a TD showed me we could walk out of the Big House victorious.

The sound of silence from 100k fans never sounded so sweet!!!
This! Spot on!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:20 am

As best I can tell these are the players on the Michigan roster in 2007 who were drafted -
Manningham
Arrington
Hart
Crable
Long
Henne
Trent
Taylor
Brown
Mesko
Graham
Schilling
Mouton
Hemingway
Molk
Martin
AND Ryan Mallett

These guys were drafted and I am sure others signed UDFA
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:26 am

NewApp wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:46 pm
I'll say one last thing..we were the better team (especially without them having Hart) that day and most of the rest of the season. We won fair and square. Nothing fluke about it..at least no more than what kept THEM in the game. They were fortunate we didn't beat them by a greater margin.
Actually Hart had a big game - just glad he was on the bike on some plays -

CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Mike Hart 23 188 8.2 3 54
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”