Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN future offensive rankings

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

ESPN future offensive rankings

Unread post by biggie » Thu May 07, 2020 4:39 pm

NavyApp

Re: ESPN future offensive rankings

Unread post by NavyApp » Thu May 07, 2020 4:48 pm

It's really nice that this type of thing is becoming more regular. The attention is deserved and hopefully the machine keeps on rolling! Thanks for posting!
FREQS AND GEEKS!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu May 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Correct thread title. I am offended UNC-CHeat is rated higher than us.

(It is nice to be in the conversation.)
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm

So what? They’re about $26 million ahead of us in just TV revenue annually and we won the head to head. Focus on that part.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue May 12, 2020 10:53 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 7:39 pm
So what? They’re about $26 million ahead of us in just TV revenue annually and we won the head to head. Focus on that part.
Exactly. We beat them head to head and that is what matters. We really need to win the series overall. How much would that sting them if App wins 2 of 3 or sweeps them. They can be rated ahead of us in preseason stuff but if we keep beating them everyone knows who the better team really is when it matters.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 10:53 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Exactly. We beat them head to head and that is what matters. We really need to win the series overall. How much would that sting them if App wins 2 of 3 or sweeps them. They can be rated ahead of us in preseason stuff but if we keep beating them everyone knows who the better team really is when it matters.
All I know is that no matter what happens, they’ll never take away what happened on 9/21/2019.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue May 12, 2020 12:30 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:30 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
All I know is that no matter what happens, they’ll never take away what happened on 9/21/2019.
I was the very fortunate and very thankful recipient of one ticket to that game from a member of this very august board. We were up around a mixture in the crowd but mostly App fans directly behind me. When that FG was blocked I turned around and gave the guy behind me a huge hug, or he gave me a hug. I don't know which to be honest. What I do remember is after a hug that lasted long enough to make my wife jealous, we un-embraced and I said something to the effect of, "I think I need another hug."

Ahh, to live in simpler times before SAR-CoV-2 when two grown men could hug in a public setting for much longer than polite society finds acceptable after a sweet, sweet, victory.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue May 12, 2020 12:32 pm

UNC-CH is getting a ton of love from our buddy at the Greensboro paper. Huge article today about the great recruiting class UNC-CH football has and they had another article last week. Of course what matters is the play on the ground and not recruiting stars.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:07 pm

AppinVA wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
They can't but we can't live off that forever. We have to beat them again. I want to own them. Knowing they have so much more money but can't beat us makes the potential of owning the series so sweet!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue May 12, 2020 1:10 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 12:32 pm
UNC-CH is getting a ton of love from our buddy at the Greensboro paper. Huge article today about the great recruiting class UNC-CH football has and they had another article last week. Of course what matters is the play on the ground and not recruiting stars.
What is funny is the lack of knowledge from these writers because their entire arguments are the stars. I mean they could not fathom we beat UNC and SC because we did not have near the recruiting classes in terms of ratings but when you actually evaluate the talent on the field we were superior in several positions. We are superior in every position right now over Charlotte. Until they show to be better on the field that guy can write 10000 articles like those but it does not matter. We don't play them again until 2026 so none of these guys either team is signing will even be on the field that day.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Tue May 12, 2020 1:50 pm

Tue May 12, 2020 12:30 pm

I was the very fortunate and very thankful recipient of one ticket to that game from a member of this very august board. We were up around a mixture in the crowd but mostly App fans directly behind me. When that FG was blocked I turned around and gave the guy behind me a huge hug, or he gave me a hug. I don't know which to be honest. What I do remember is after a hug that lasted long enough to make my wife jealous, we un-embraced and I said something to the effect of, "I think I need another hug."

Ahh, to live in simpler times before SAR-CoV-2 when two grown men could hug in a public setting for much longer than polite society finds acceptable after a sweet, sweet, victory.
While you were mid hug I was asked to settle down by the manager at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Jonesboro Arkansas...I'm sorry but I will not apologize

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue May 12, 2020 3:55 pm

We were in Virgin Islands with Unc people in 2018, I kept Telling the SID that APP would win the game. Looked for him afterward, couldn’t find him.
Bring Your A Game!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue May 12, 2020 5:25 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:07 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
They can't but we can't live off that forever. We have to beat them again. I want to own them. Knowing they have so much more money but can't beat us makes the potential of owning the series so sweet!!
You will get no disagreement from me. It’s not a fluke (and it’s not) if you can back it up.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:20 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 5:25 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:
You will get no disagreement from me. It’s not a fluke (and it’s not) if you can back it up.
I don't think it is a fluke but they can certainly claim that a 3-point loss from a blocked FG early in the year when they were rebuilding is a fluke. If they become a 8-10 win team in 2020 they could say we just beat them when they were down. If we win 2 of 3 or all 3 then nobody, not even UNC, could claim it is a fluke. We were the better team. I love Zac but if we had swapped QBs with them we would have won by 20+. Howell is a really good QB. It will be interesting to see how he develops. They may have a top 50 pick at QB one day in Howell.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:45 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:20 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

I don't think it is a fluke but they can certainly claim that a 3-point loss from a blocked FG early in the year when they were rebuilding is a fluke. If they become a 8-10 win team in 2020 they could say we just beat them when they were down. If we win 2 of 3 or all 3 then nobody, not even UNC, could claim it is a fluke. We were the better team. I love Zac but if we had swapped QBs with them we would have won by 20+. Howell is a really good QB. It will be interesting to see how he develops. They may have a top 50 pick at QB one day in Howell.
They can claim it was a fluke based on the blocked field goal, but that would be total BS. It was a desperation 56 yard attempt because our D shut down their last drive and generally controlled the game. UNC was 0-4 from 50+ yards for the season. They were only 50% from 40-49 yards. Bottom line is they were beat. I know that you know that and aren't arguing otherwise. I do wish Drink hadn't gone conservative in the second half because the margin looks less than decisive, but I firmly believe that, if Drink had been as aggressive as we THOUGHT he was going to be in his offensive play calling, we would have won the game by 3 scores. I don't think they were capable of stopping us.

MountaineerMafia

Unread post by MountaineerMafia » Wed May 13, 2020 9:08 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 1:10 pm
We don't play them again until 2026 so none of these guys either team is signing will even be on the field that day.
I'd bet, with everything going on in the world (& possible re-alignment), we will see them before 2026. I can certainly see the Wyoming game going away in 2023. In fact, I'd put money on that one changing. Of course, that doesn't mean it becomes Charlotte but they could be on the short list if it works for them. Currently, Charlotte has a home opening in 2023...
“I never lie to any man because I don’t fear anyone. The only time you lie is when you are afraid” ~ John Gotti

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:54 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 8:45 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:20 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

They can claim it was a fluke based on the blocked field goal, but that would be total BS. It was a desperation 56 yard attempt because our D shut down their last drive and generally controlled the game. UNC was 0-4 from 50+ yards for the season. They were only 50% from 40-49 yards. Bottom line is they were beat. I know that you know that and aren't arguing otherwise. I do wish Drink hadn't gone conservative in the second half because the margin looks less than decisive, but I firmly believe that, if Drink had been as aggressive as we THOUGHT he was going to be in his offensive play calling, we would have won the game by 3 scores. I don't think they were capable of stopping us.
Most definitely. They will claim fluke but like you said we should have won by more. When we were up 27-10 I was hoping to see some things pulled out that had not been seen and really take it to them. I expected UNC to come back some but still thought we should have won by 17 or so. I actually felt like South Carolina's front 4 was better than UNC but they were so poorly coached on offense that they could not capitalize.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed May 13, 2020 10:00 am

MountaineerMafia wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 9:08 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
We don't play them again until 2026 so none of these guys either team is signing will even be on the field that day.
I'd bet, with everything going on in the world (& possible re-alignment), we will see them before 2026. I can certainly see the Wyoming game going away in 2023. In fact, I'd put money on that one changing. Of course, that doesn't mean it becomes Charlotte but they could be on the short list if it works for them. Currently, Charlotte has a home opening in 2023...
I could see that for sure. I would love to get a team like UVA or Vanderbilt on the schedule but I doubt those ADs are dumb enough to risk that game.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed May 13, 2020 12:30 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:00 am
MountaineerMafia wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
I could see that for sure. I would love to get a team like UVA or Vanderbilt on the schedule but I doubt those ADs are dumb enough to risk that game.
I doubt it, but I'd wager that we would see UVA football in Boone before we'd see the basketball team make a visit.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed May 13, 2020 12:57 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 12:30 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 10:00 am
MountaineerMafia wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
I doubt it, but I'd wager that we would see UVA football in Boone before we'd see the basketball team make a visit.
I could see both happen eventually but I would not do it if I were them. I am surprised that UNC and South Carolina would even entertain it but after Miami did so I think anything could happen. Who knows. Maybe in 2040 we will host Alabama or we could be back in FCS and hoping to beat Elon or Gardner-Webb. You just never know. I doubt either happens but never say never. lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”