Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Street & Smith's Feature on App

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Street & Smith's Feature on App

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 pm

Make sure to pick it up. Just got one and they have a story calling us "Boise State of the East? in there. Good read. Winning clearly provides this type of coverage that even the best AD is not going to be able to buy. Athlon has us picked to lose to Louisiana. I mean maybe they do beat us but they never have and they lost some key players, especially on the OL, as well. Surprised they haven't decided to go with the odds and pick us. They have us losing 4 games. I don't know about you guys but I don't see us winning the East and still losing 4 games. That would be 2 SBC losses and I believe we don't play in the title game with 2 SBC losses.

Rekdiver

Re: Street & Smith's Feature on App

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:25 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:03 pm
Make sure to pick it up. Just got one and they have a story calling us "Boise State of the East? in there. Good read. Winning clearly provides this type of coverage that even the best AD is not going to be able to buy. Athlon has us picked to lose to Louisiana. I mean maybe they do beat us but they never have and they lost some key players, especially on the OL, as well. Surprised they haven't decided to go with the odds and pick us. They have us losing 4 games. I don't know about you guys but I don't see us winning the East and still losing 4 games. That would be 2 SBC losses and I believe we don't play in the title game with 2 SBC losses.
Ithink they has us losing 4 last year................

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:25 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Ithink they has us losing 4 last year................
I believe Athlon did. S&M seems to have us picked to win the league and have us rated higher. I'll be interested to see where Sporting News and Phil Steele have us. Steele has had us rated higher than any other magazine the last few years.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
4 games in season or overall?

Because I could easily see:

Wake - L
Wisconsin - L
SB title game - L
Bowl Game - L

4 losses to all of our quality opponents but we still win the East.

I don’t think that’ll happen and I definitely don’t want it to. But heck at SOME point we are gonna lose and bowl game. At SOME point we are not going to win the SBC.
YNWA

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:41 pm

Yes, at some point, we may lose conference regular season, conference championship, and bowl game...not this year. Down goes Wake!! Down goes Wisconsin!! We want Bama!!😁
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:46 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:28 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

Wake - L
Wisconsin - L
SB title game - L
Bowl Game - L

I don’t think that’ll happen and I definitely don’t want it to. But heck at SOME point we are gonna lose and bowl game. At SOME point we are not going to win the SBC.
It said 9-4 so I assume that is their pick for us going in to the bowl game. I firmly believe it could this year but is more likely in 2021. We have a lot to replace on offense after this year. I believe we end up 12-2 or 13-1. If we only win 9 games I will be heavily disappointed and feel like we underachieved greatly.

My question to those who think we lose to Louisiana is where are they bringing back way more talent than we are and where have they improved to expect that win? They lose their best offensive player and their top 3 offensive players overall. I did not think they had the same depth we did outside of RB and the back 7 last year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:08 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:46 pm
ah59396 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Wake - L
Wisconsin - L
SB title game - L
Bowl Game - L

It said 9-4 so I assume that is their pick for us going in to the bowl game. I firmly believe it could this year but is more likely in 2021. We have a lot to replace on offense after this year. I believe we end up 12-2 or 13-1. If we only win 9 games I will be heavily disappointed and feel like we underachieved greatly.

My question to those who think we lose to Louisiana is where are they bringing back way more talent than we are and where have they improved to expect that win? They lose their best offensive player and their top 3 offensive players overall. I did not think they had the same depth we did outside of RB and the back 7 last year. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
This is the year for our guys to lead the Peach or Cotton Bowl race (Not sure which gets the G5 slot). Next season will be a bit of a reloading year.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:36 pm

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:08 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Wake - L
Wisconsin - L
SB title game - L
Bowl Game - L

This is the year for our guys to lead the Peach or Cotton Bowl race (Not sure which gets the G5 slot). Next season will be a bit of a reloading year.
Peach is up in the rotation for the G5 Champ this season...

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:52 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Wake - L
Wisconsin - L
SB title game - L
Bowl Game - L

Only place I see is Head Coach. I expect Coach Clark to pick up where Drinkwitz left and do even more but I can see where the prognosticators can see that as a weakness.
WE ARE YOSEF!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:15 pm

Cam Peoples behind this new Wall of Boone could be tough to stop.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:11 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:15 pm
He won’t be behind it for long.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:08 am

goapps93 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:52 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Wake - L
Wisconsin - L
SB title game - L
Bowl Game - L

Only place I see is Head Coach. I expect Coach Clark to pick up where Drinkwitz left and do even more but I can see where the prognosticators can see that as a weakness.
If you have a good coach and they have talented players then you can pick up where you left off. They thought we would struggle and lose 3-4 games last year because of the new coach and we went 13-1.

My message to them would be that the talent is in place to win at least 11 games, if we stay healthy. Losing a coach does not automatically mean you drop off. Clark was the interim coach before and will maintain a lot of continuity. If we had someone else coming from the outside I could see it but we have too much talent to expect 4 losses in my mind.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:03 pm

Personally, I do not believe Coach Clark's message should be we are talented enough to win 11 games. This message says you are not good enough that you will two of the games. The message to the the team is that we have an opportunity to win EVERY game and it begins in the off-season on a daily basis. What can you do to get better everyday. Be 1-0 this week!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:39 pm

I ordered the Alabama/Auburn cover that has Zac Thomas on the cover. Man, what great coverage in that magazine for us this year. I would suggest ordering the magazine directly from them with a version that Zac is on. I went with Phil Steele's magazine last year, but I really prefer the way Street and Smith presents the coverage and the FCS coverage too. I have a son who graduated from The Citadel, so I still enjoy hating Furman.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:21 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:03 pm
Personally, I do not believe Coach Clark's message should be we are talented enough to win 11 games. This message says you are not good enough that you will two of the games. The message to the the team is that we have an opportunity to win EVERY game and it begins in the off-season on a daily basis. What can you do to get better everyday. Be 1-0 this week!!
I fully expect we can win any game. Wisconsin is the only one I would not be disappointed in losing to because it is on the road but I agree that we have a shot at every team. We should win 7-8 games by 2 TDs or more.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:58 pm

TractorApp wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:39 pm
I ordered the Alabama/Auburn cover that has Zac Thomas on the cover. Man, what great coverage in that magazine for us this year. I would suggest ordering the magazine directly from them with a version that Zac is on. I went with Phil Steele's magazine last year, but I really prefer the way Street and Smith presents the coverage and the FCS coverage too. I have a son who graduated from The Citadel, so I still enjoy hating Furman.
Furman is easy to hate!!!!!

AtlantaMountaineer

Unread post by AtlantaMountaineer » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:03 pm

I was visiting family in Hickory last week and went to Barnes and Noble to get the Street and Smith magazine. They only had one wrinkled copy with a UNC player on the top right corner. So today I go to Krogers in Atlanta and the Georgia edition of Street and Smith has Zack Thomas on the cover. Go figure. Glad I waited before buying it.
Last edited by AtlantaMountaineer on Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:29 pm

I guess it's ok because of the feature article, but is this where I come to complain how App is the only team in Street&Smith'sTop 25 not to get a two page spread among the team preview pages.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:07 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:15 pm
Not to derail the purpose of the thread, and I know injuries happen, but we are LOADED at RB. Marcus Williams Jr and Harrington are both great backs who need more touches, then Peoples who is set to break out soon if he can stay healty, then Raykwon Anderson has some serious speed and catching ability. Hope we can get them all the touches they deserve to showcase the abilities.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:13 am

AppfaninCAALand wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:29 pm
but is this where I come to complain how App is the only team in Street&Smith'sTop 25 not to get a two page spread among the team preview pages.
Theory
A. Can't touch this! :D

B. Other 24 teams are to scared to learn that much about us. 8-)

C. Coverage writers really don't know much, not smart enough to find Boone.

D. They want to create possible Cinderella tagline stories for later in the season.

E. They just don't like us. :twisted:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”