Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Turf Replacement Pics

boonetown1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Turf Replacement Pics

Unread post by boonetown1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:24 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:59 am
MtnMan09 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:52 am
To me the "gold" in the endzone doesnt even match the gold around the mid-field A. Fine the endzone doesnt match the signage, but how do you make a mistake like that? Two shades of gold on the same field? Tacky.
I'm fairly certain the "gold" on the midfield A is the same version as the endzone gold. For some reason this shade of Yellow looks different when presented thinner/thicker. I've even noticed it on some of my Nike gear. You glance at the border of the black Block A on a polo and it looks much more mustard yellow and then look at it on another shirt with the "APPSTATE" branding and the University-Gold colored "APP in APPSTATE" looks deeper, more golden...but when you hold it right up beside the other shirt and the Block A you can see it's the same color. I chalk it up to one of those weird eye/visual tricks. I love the Nike backed University Gold myself but we desperately need to make a decision, hopefully in the direction of University-wide adoption, and stick with it for consistency sake.
It’s probably because of the white outline at midfield providing contrast. If you outlined the text in the end zone it would likely look more yellow.

ASU2012

Unread post by ASU2012 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:58 pm

I like the orange-gold better than then yellow-gold anyways :o

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:00 pm

I like the gold. And banners are relatively inexpensive to replace.

YOSEFRULES

Unread post by YOSEFRULES » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:38 pm

The gold in the end zone matches the yellow/gold of our uniforms especially the helmets

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:16 pm

Let's just go with white. How hard would that be to match everything up?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:30 pm

TractorApp wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:16 pm
Let's just go with white. How hard would that be to match everything up?
White block A would look so much better with the dark green field IMO.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:40 pm

No. It wouldn’t.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:44 pm

A few new hi-res photos of the progress (field and NEZ) uploaded on the official university project page today. Field installation progress is at banner top of the page and NEZ progress is a little further scroll down...just click photos to enlarge.

https://www.appstate.edu/appalachians-f ... e/stadium/

Ncmtn

Unread post by Ncmtn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:23 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:44 pm
A few new hi-res photos of the progress (field and NEZ) uploaded on the official university project page today. Field installation progress is at banner top of the page and NEZ progress is a little further scroll down...just click photos to enlarge.

And people should notice the gold in the endzone matches the gold stripe on the athletics complex. Because that is the correct gold. The yellow gold on the sideline walls is not the correct color at all. App has been more of a slightly orange gold for many many years. Any other yellowish golds they’ve introduced and used are not what should be used.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm

Ncmtn wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:23 pm
HkyMtneer wrote:

And people should notice the gold in the endzone matches the gold stripe on the athletics complex. Because that is the correct gold. The yellow gold on the sideline walls is not the correct color at all. App has been more of a slightly orange gold for many many years. Any other yellowish golds they’ve introduced and used are not what should be used.
Nothing a little paint can’t fix. Hope that happens.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:04 pm

Ncmtn wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:23 pm
HkyMtneer wrote:

I hope eventually we can lower the field to add more stands closer to the sidelines.
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:17 pm

That looks like a lot of unoccupied sideline space. We have like to have added 5-6 more seating rows.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:05 pm

ShagNC wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:04 pm
I hope eventually we can lower the field to add more stands closer to the sidelines.
Don’t start that again. It ain’t happening.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:54 am

Please, for 50 years I’ve watched (and paid) as we have pieced together our stadium! I mean, pick a “yellow” and go with it! Why in the name of Mike Working would we not match the colors. Pick one, and then EVERYTHING We have should be that color!!! Good grief!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:32 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:05 pm
ShagNC wrote:
I still think the best plan for closing in and using that extra space is to replace the lower stands on the East side by extending them from the upper deck (raising them) and then coming down to the correct level. The field would shift toward the West stands. Yes, I know the new building wouldn't be centered but that would eventually be remedied when the West stands get replaced, which is a lower priority but will probably need to happen. The end result would be a night tight symmetrical stadium. That would be a long term project though, probably spanning an 18-20 year period.

Right now, I'm just hoping to get a chance to sit in KBS and watch a game, so for now it's all just wishing. Progress continues.

ShagNC

Unread post by ShagNC » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:21 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:32 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:05 pm
ShagNC wrote:
I still think the best plan for closing in and using that extra space is to replace the lower stands on the East side by extending them from the upper deck (raising them) and then coming down to the correct level. The field would shift toward the West stands. Yes, I know the new building wouldn't be centered but that would eventually be remedied when the West stands get replaced, which is a lower priority but will probably need to happen. The end result would be a night tight symmetrical stadium. That would be a long term project though, probably spanning an 18-20 year period.

Right now, I'm just hoping to get a chance to sit in KBS and watch a game, so for now it's all just wishing. Progress continues.
Yeah I'm thinking in maybe 20 years this would be feasible. I guess the good thing about all the space is we have options, which are never a bad thing.
GO! FIGHT! KICK ASS!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 am

Y’all must be new here.

If it was feasible it would’ve happened in this round if construction.

If it was feasible we wouldn’t be building a shiny new multi million dollar end zone facility in the exact footprint where we are.

If it was feasible it would’ve been included in the master plan.

It won’t be done because the field is laid on bedrock. The expense and labor of blasting out and dropping the field is too great to be undertaken. There’s also the issue of a stream underneath the field that would need to be diverted. There’s also the issue of extremely limited flat practice space. That’s why the field is staying at it’s current level. That’s why the sidelines are going to remain wide. Simply...it’s too expensive and we need the space.

And that’s Jenga!
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:36 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:27 am
Y’all must be new here.

If it was feasible it would’ve happened in this round if construction.

If it was feasible we wouldn’t be building a shiny new multi million dollar end zone facility in the exact footprint where we are.

If it was feasible it would’ve been included in the master plan.

It won’t be done because the field is laid on bedrock. The expense and labor of blasting out and dropping the field is too great to be undertaken. There’s also the issue of a stream underneath the field that would need to be diverted. There’s also the issue of extremely limited flat practice space. That’s why the field is staying at it’s current level. That’s why the sidelines are going to remain wide. Simply...it’s too expensive and we need the space.

And that’s Jenga!
I didn’t see anyone saying it needed to be done tomorrow. But it’s obvious these things need to be done and it’s worth talking about it. I really don’t buy any reasons above for why in say 10-15 years the playing field isn’t moved towards the west, the east is demolished and rebuilt into a structure that is representative of a college football stadium and closer to the west side. Would still allow for the two sides to be bowled into the NEZ like DG has said.

NashvilleNeer

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:53 am

the east stands need to be replaced though. it's a bit high schoolish, tbh. that's really all i care about first. I'm just tired of us piecing this together with what seems like no real plan

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:10 am

NashvilleNeer wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:53 am
the east stands need to be replaced though. it's a bit high schoolish, tbh. that's really all i care about first. I'm just tired of us piecing this together with what seems like no real plan
Unfortunately from a financial standpoint we are forced to piece things together as the money becomes available.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”