Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

First post

AppfaninCAALand
School: Appalachian State

Re: First post

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:25 pm

Scipio wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:53 pm
I hope you make it to a game in the Coli, you will never forget it, but come soon because California is disintegrating. I will never return to California. I have seen my last game in the Coli.
It's too bad Cali has turned into a clownshow the last few decades because that is one beautiful state. I have really enjoyed my time spent visiting the state. I particularly like the central coast (spent a bit of time in San Luis Obispo) and (suprisingly enough) the Sacramento area. But listening to my brother who lives in Burbank, I'd never consider living there. Don't know why he doesn't move back to the SE.

I'll say this about about USC's part of the world though. L.A. > NYC, Chicago, or San Fran.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:25 pm

Did you possibly watch the Georgia STATE game vs. the Georgia Southern game? Georgia Southern was played in very adverse conditions (40-50 mile an hour winds, rapidly dropping temperatures and pelting sleet in the second half).

Georgia State was played in great weather. They did jump on us early (Their Head Coach is a former App. State player) and they hit some big plays early just like UAB.

We tend to play a very basic defense early (including soft corners) and then crank up the schemes and blitzes throughout the game. We tackled horribly in the first half against Georgia State.

Drink inherited a ton of talent and the staff learned early in the season that it was better to adapt to what had worked in previous years vs. forcing a new system. That made a huge difference in our team being successful last year. Clark understands the system, his staff has had a great year recruiting. The question mark is how he will handle in game decisions over the course of a season (but, that's always a question with any first time head coach)

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:23 pm

i havent read what everybody else has said...so forgive me if i'm just repeating stuff..

as far as coaches....its really simple....$$$$$....you dont turn down a p5 coaching job with life altering...generational altering money...jerry moore was and still is amazing. he won 3 national titles and beat michigan...almost knocked off auburn and beat wake like 5 times i think......but toward the end of his tenure there were more and more discipline issues popping up and not being dealt with...his son...an assitant coach at the time... had an affair (correct me if i'm wrong) with a trainer or something.....it was just time to go.......i mean if he'd have won say a national title again in 2012 or come close....maybe he'd a lead the fbs transition...but i dont know

but we remain good because of several reasons...one big one is continuity within the staff...we lose head coaches but we tend to hang on to people too...and we have a winning culture and a great system

i think some of the issues we had in the passing game defensively were more present early in the season due to a defense that was running new schemes and getting used to a new d coordinator...but defense ended up outstanding last season

Scipio
School: USC

Unread post by Scipio » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:44 pm

Last question. If I can make it to an App State home game this year, what would be the best game to come see. Keep in mind the time of the year. I don't want to come to the game as a Trojan fan and come home a Popsicle!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:32 am

Scipio wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:44 pm
Last question. If I can make it to an App State home game this year, what would be the best game to come see. Keep in mind the time of the year. I don't want to come to the game as a Trojan fan and come home a Popsicle!
My opinion
Home game Louisiana 10/7.. however Wednesday night game. Louisiana has been selected as heir to taking our throne (not going to happen)
Away - Wake Forest - September game
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 am

Scipio wrote:
LOL...I would suggest coming for a Saturday game, and come early, so that you can experience game day in Boone. We pride ourselves on our tailgate culture. So, the best bets weather-wise, would be Sept 26th against UMass or Oct 24th against Arkansas State. The Arkansas State game will be the most competitive and it won't be too cold in late October but check the weather and bring layers just in case. Hope you can make it. USC was one of the schools my son was interested in but I think he's headed further south to Florida instead...
Plan to spend some time in the area and check out the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is only minutes from the campus, and other local sites such as Grandfather Mountain...

Yosef's Musket

Unread post by Yosef's Musket » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:48 pm

Scipio wrote:
The best game of the year will likely be at Wake Forest in Week 2 (an hour and 15 minutes from Boone with a heavy App fan base). It is on a Friday night but if there's one App game that I wouldn't want to miss this year it's that one. It will be a loud App crowd. If you just want to witness a gameday at Rock, I would also suggest the Ark St. game. Though ULL will be the best matchup (rematch of the last two championship games), the atmosphere on a week night will unfortunately never rival a Saturday game. The best way to soak in an App Football experience is to witness a Saturday game at the Rock, where tailgaters start early and often. If you don't care about seeing a great football game, the home openers are always packed with fans (Morgan St. this year). Hope you can make it up the mountain and enjoy the town. It is worth coming up a full day early and spending all day Friday in town. A lot to see and do!
2018 Alumnus

#TIGMA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”