Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

AppState Football fan safety survey

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: AppState Football fan safety survey

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:48 pm

bcoach wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:12 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:00 am
I find the name calling regrettable.Scientific studies are often funded by those with an interest in the outcome. Take that as you may .Cases are up , mainly because testing is up. Here the case numbers in total are up but the percentage of positives is down.If football is cancelled then basketball will be as well and college athletics as we know it is done.
Not counting the damage done to the athletes, athletics as we know it could use a reset. " As we know it" has been walking a very fine line. The rich programs are lengthening the lead and we are falling farther behind. Money is destroying college programs and right now is the proof. We and most other G5 programs have been living on the edge. Living way beyond our means. Spending more than we earn. If we want to be honest we simply are not paying the tab for our entertainment. We keep wanting more and more but we don't want to pay for it. Ticket prices should be double what they are. I will not even start on student fees that people who never attend a game can be paying for years after they graduate. I truly believe it could use a reset. In the long run we will all be better off if we use this time to take a long hard look. I truly believe if we don't the future of college athletics will be drastically different.
You have thoughtful and valid points of view.Thank you. I see the “rich programs” further separating if things continue deteriorating.But yes , there are opportunities....

97grad
School: Appalachian State

Re: AppState Football fan safety survey

Unread post by 97grad » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:42 pm

We purchased our tickets on the assumption that the university will do right by people and not put them in a position where they have to make a choice between throwing their money away and putting themselves in danger. We'll soon know whether this was a safe assumption to make.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”