Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Quick Trip To Boone

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09
School: Appalachian State

Quick Trip To Boone

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm

I wasn't able to capture as much of the campus as I wanted, but with three kids I made sure we found time to visit the stadium. To put what I saw in one word...WOW! Didn't think I'd like the dorms so close to the stadium, but it actually creates a pretty cool look. If you decide to visit, traffic around the stadium is basically down to one lane. Lastly, hardly anybody in Boone wears a mask

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... 6xpPmpI3kJ
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

canes_mj

Re: Quick Trip To Boone

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:12 pm

Thanks for sharing

BayouApp

Unread post by BayouApp » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:32 pm

Great photos. Thanks for posting.

AppSt92

Unread post by AppSt92 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:44 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:04 pm
I wasn't able to capture as much of the campus as I wanted, but with three kids I made sure we found time to visit the stadium. To put what I saw in one word...WOW! Didn't think I'd like the dorms so close to the stadium, but it actually creates a pretty cool look. If you decide to visit, traffic around the stadium is basically down to one lane. Lastly, hardly anybody in Boone wears a mask

I live in Boone and most everyone is wearing a mask. I don’t know where you went, but as a full time resident here everyday, most people are complying.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:29 pm

AppSt92 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:44 pm

I live in Boone and most everyone is wearing a mask. I don’t know where you went, but as a full time resident here everyday, most people are complying.
Given the more than usual strict guidelines I heard about via the Watauga Democrat I was expecting many more to be covered. Drove King Street, around campus, walked a bit, and I'd say maybe 25% of the people I saw wore masks. I was also shocked given the cases that have flared up with the construction crew to see very few of them covered. Walked past a group of 5 workers who definitely weren't 6 feet apart, none had masks. It doesn't speak negatively about natives such as yourself (Sorry if it came across that way), it was just an observation. We all know summers in the high country bring people from all over.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:16 am

Really cool photos. Thanks.

MountaineerNation

Unread post by MountaineerNation » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks for taking those. Its great to see the progress made. I was surprised that they had as much fone of the front entrance as they had! But it is July already so...

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:28 am

MountaineerNation wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:49 am
Thanks for taking those. Its great to see the progress made. I was surprised that they had as much fone of the front entrance as they had! But it is July already so...
The pictures really don't do it any justice. It's an amazing site to see, and will definitely attract the attention of some recruits. Once things return to normal and KBS is sold out and packed, the noise is going to be trapped in that stadium. Definitely a home field advantage.

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:47 am

Great pics, thanks for sharing

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:42 am

AppSt92 wrote:

I was in Boone myself on July 3rd. Also took some photos but the ones already posted are better than mine. I would say at least 75% of the people I saw along King Street and when we stopped for lunch were wearing masks. Much higher than where I live. We even commented on how many were wearing them as we rode through town.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:56 am

AppYosef! wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:42 am
AppSt92 wrote:

I was in Boone myself on July 3rd. Also took some photos but the ones already posted are better than mine. I would say at least 75% of the people I saw along King Street and when we stopped for lunch were wearing masks. Much higher than where I live. We even commented on how many were wearing them as we rode through town.
Yeah, I may have been harsh with my 25% figure and my eyes were probably comparing it to what I've seen in other places I've visited or even where I live. Mask or not mask, it's always a joy to visit Boone.

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:28 pm

It was a beautiful day last Friday in Boone. Wanted to get a look at all the stadium renovations and new dorms first hand...also needed a "Jean Lawson" sandwich fix from Pepper's Restaurant. King Street was packed with folks almost like on game day. Mast Store in Valle Crucis looked busy and Blowing Rock's Main St. was a parking lot. But it was about 10 degrees or more cooler than down the mountain. Well worth the trip just for a look around!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”