Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Have been in the fan transfer portal for three months

Scipio
School: USC

Re: Have been in the fan transfer portal for three months

Unread post by Scipio » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:59 pm

Woodstovegang wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 am
Going to start the questionnaire.

Oakland A's or SF Giants?(grew up in North Cali)
Dual QB or Pro?
Defense 4/3 or 3/4?
Beer/Wine/Whiskey?
Black Saturday or White out?
And the inevitable; where do you see yourself in 5 years?:
1. Never liked baseball so neither one.
2. Dual (if he can pass effectively) b/c it puts so much pressure on the D to defend 11 guys not 10
3. Each can work fine with the right personnel. But I prefer the 3/4 if you have a linebacker big enough and fast enough to drop down at a standing defensive end position, sometimes called the "elephant"
4. Wine, white Riesling
5. Probably dead in five years

Woodstovegang
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:03 pm

I like him.... Honest answers. What is ur 40 time(higher the better here for old guys)

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:30 pm

He lost me with wine................

Yosef's Musket

Unread post by Yosef's Musket » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:00 pm

I lost all respect for UGA fans when I got barked at non-stop by grown men while walking around downtown Athens.
2018 Alumnus

#TIGMA

Scipio

Unread post by Scipio » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:28 pm

Woodstovegang wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:03 pm
I like him.... Honest answers. What is ur 40 time(higher the better here for old guys)
Woody. When I ran the 40 we didn't have stop watches. So, back then you fell into one of four categories; very fast, fast, slow, and you shouldn't be running. I slotted in between very fast and fast. My coach insisted I was mid level fast. What did he know? He only saw me running, he didn't see my heart. I don't do 40's anymore.

In an attempt to win back Rekdriver, Rek you need to know I do have a bottle of Glenlivet 12 year old single malt scotch whisky I bring out on special occasions if that makes any difference.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Scipio wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:28 pm
Woodstovegang wrote:
Woody. When I ran the 40 we didn't have stop watches. So, back then you fell into one of four categories; very fast, fast, slow, and you shouldn't be running. I slotted in between very fast and fast. My coach insisted I was mid level fast. What did he know? He only saw me running, he didn't see my heart. I don't do 40's anymore.

In an attempt to win back Rekdriver, Rek you need to know I do have a bottle of Glenlivet 12 year old single malt scotch whisky I bring out on special occasions if that makes any difference.
I believe he was hoping your reply would have been Miluakee's Best. The cheapest beer you can bong.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Ok that is better. We do partake of some excellent shine

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:11 pm
Scipio wrote:
Woodstovegang wrote:

I believe he was hoping your reply would have been Miluakee's Best. The cheapest beer you can bong.
You’ve obviously never had the “pleasure” of downing a Black Label. Best case of beer I ever bought for $5.

MDaniels84

Unread post by MDaniels84 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:23 am

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Scipio wrote:
Woodstovegang wrote:

You’ve obviously never had the “pleasure” of downing a Black Label. Best case of beer I ever bought for $5.
Even better than Hamms Light?

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:26 am

MDaniels84 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:23 am
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:05 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Scipio wrote:
Woodstovegang wrote:

Even better than Hamms Light?
Hamm’s Light would be a top shelf, high quality ale vs. the rot gut, bottom of the barrel Black Label that I fondly remember from my youth. I’m pretty sure it was brewed in Statesboro from unfiltered Eagle Creek sewage water and sealed in black cans for all to enjoy.

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:33 am

Scip, if you're and App you have an A in football.

If you become a Bulldog you have a G in football.

That's one grade below an F and I'll throw in a yearly Countdown to football season for free.

Scipio

Unread post by Scipio » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:07 am

In the interest of transparency, yesterday the NCAA declared JT Daniels (QB transfer from USC) eligible to play the 2020 season for Georgia. I didn't think he would be cleared for immediate eligibility, so that muddies the waters on my decision. This (App St vs Georgia) may be a down to the wire decision for me. I have to admit I am beginning to feel at home on this board thanks to all that you Mountaineers have posted. The decision just got harder.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:22 am

Scipio wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:07 am
In the interest of transparency, yesterday the NCAA declared JT Daniels (QB transfer from USC) eligible to play the 2020 season for Georgia. I didn't think he would be cleared for immediate eligibility, so that muddies the waters on my decision. This (App St vs Georgia) may be a down to the wire decision for me. I have to admit I am beginning to feel at home on this board thanks to all that you Mountaineers have posted. The decision just got harder.
This is short term thinking. Take a long-term perspective. However, if we need to..we can roll out high profile lineage within the App St program. Joe Gibbs relations are on our squad. With that, you get NASCAR and former Super Bowl Championship pedigree. We also have Heath Shuler's kid on the team. Great college QB and was a politician (second fact on Shuler could sway someone one way or the other given current climate)..add this to the high quality beer we drink (bong). I do believe it should be a done deal..
#99ForPresident!!

Scipio

Unread post by Scipio » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:22 am
Scipio wrote:
This is short term thinking. Take a long-term perspective. However, if we need to..we can roll out high profile lineage within the App St program. Joe Gibbs relations are on our squad. With that, you get NASCAR and former Super Bowl Championship pedigree. We also have Heath Shuler's kid on the team. Great college QB and was a politician (second fact on Shuler could sway someone one way or the other given current climate)..add this to the high quality beer we drink (bong). I do believe it should be a done deal..
I don't mean this to sound like the need for high blue blood football linage. It's not. It's just JT got a raw deal at SC, and I want to see how he does with good coaching (at SC his QB coach was a 29 yr old former analyst from the football administration), an OL that specialized in "look out" blocks, a center who miss snapped the ball almost 20 times, one causing a loss, a team (2018) that many Trojan fans believe is the worst in recent USC history, and the most incompetent coach to ever coach at any D1 school. Oh yeah JT skipped his high school senior year, the year he started at USC he was really a high school senior and he needed to be coached accordingly. I think JT will be great with the right coaching and supporting cast. I want to see that. As a matter of fact, I have become jaded to spoiled prima donna four star and five start athletes, and that is one of the things that particularly draws me to App St. To me, JT's status is huge in my decision. Since posting here, I have pretty much stopped scouting Georgia for my transfer. Frankly, I am more interested in JT than Georgia.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Scipio wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:23 am
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:22 am
Scipio wrote:
I don't mean this to sound like the need for high blue blood football linage. It's not. It's just JT got a raw deal at SC, and I want to see how he does with good coaching (at SC his QB coach was a 29 yr old former analyst from the football administration), an OL that specialized in "look out" blocks, a center who miss snapped the ball almost 20 times, one causing a loss, a team (2018) that many Trojan fans believe is the worst in recent USC history, and the most incompetent coach to ever coach at any D1 school. Oh yeah JT skipped his high school senior year, the year he started at USC he was really a high school senior and he needed to be coached accordingly. I think JT will be great with the right coaching and supporting cast. I want to see that. As a matter of fact, I have become jaded to spoiled prima donna four star and five start athletes, and that is one of the things that particularly draws me to App St. To me, JT's status is huge in my decision. Since posting here, I have pretty much stopped scouting Georgia for my transfer. Frankly, I am more interested in JT than Georgia.
Agree with you 100% on JT. Since I lived in LAX for 3 years, I do follow USC and UCLA a little more closely than other programs that I am not a fan so to speak. I hope he does well at Georgia. He is going to have some competition with the transfer from Wake Forest. May you choose App St.!!
#99ForPresident!!

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:26 pm

Is Georgia still paying Ray Goff?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:38 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:26 pm
Is Georgia still paying Ray Goff?
Only when they eat at Zaxby's.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:19 pm

Let us know when your decision's made and the press conference is scheduled and we'll be there to help you celebrate in style.

And when you see a bunch of hillbilly's with no shoes (and even fewer teeth) roll up in a schoolbus with the top sawed off, you'll know it's us. Your "country cousins come to town" to support your big move to App fandom.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:45 am

Scipio wrote:
Woodstovegang wrote:

I was hoping there might be a bottle of Woodford double oak or Woodinville private select. Two fingers. Neat.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:34 pm

App State has too many positives to list!
Of course I'm a Mountaineer for life.

Only superlative comes to mind about the Dawgs and being a longtime fan of Hershel Walker is.......They have the coolest smack talking podcaster in UNCLE LOU.
KICK ASS!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”