Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Have been in the fan transfer portal for three months

Scipio
School: USC

Have been in the fan transfer portal for three months

Unread post by Scipio » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:46 pm

FYI I announced to my Trojan buddies about three months ago, I was fed up with the way USC football and the university was heading so I was putting my name in the fan transfer portal. I stated at that time I had narrowed my choices down to Nebraska, LSU, Georgia, and App St. Nebraska because of their great fans who are the most knowledgeable and courteous I have ever encountered. LSU because three of USC's best coaches have moved there recently: Head Coach Orgeron a great defensive line coach under Pete, John Robinson (national champ head coach at USC), and BKU (Big Kenechi Udese first round defensive NFL end pick and former defensive line coach at USC), Georgia because USC's 2018 starting QB (JT Daniels) transferred there this season, and I have always thought Herschel Walker was one of the five greatest backs in college football history and a man of character, and App St because they are giant killers, exciting to watch, and I wanted to see if they were going to have another miracle first year coach. Well I am happy to say after much thought, homework, and prayer I have narrowed it down to App St and Georgia! Now let's get this virus overkill behind us and play some football so I can commit to you guys or the folks in Athens.

pop5app
School: Appalachian State

Re: Have been in the fan transfer portal for three months

Unread post by pop5app » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:53 pm

All Gods’ children pull for Appalachian.. everybody else GO TO HELL. We will welcome you with open arms!!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:14 pm

This is a life changing decision. There is only one real choice if you want everlasting college football excitement. The A and the Black and Gold all the way!! Not sure it should even be much of a debate.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Depends on how you like to watch a game. Do you like being packed in a massive stadium or a not as big stadium with a more exciting brand of football?

Another thing to think about. Do you want the back drop of your football game to be.....nothing, or do you want it to be some of the best scenery this side of the rockies?

One of these has incredible outdoor adventures all over the place to do over the football weekend. The other place is Athens Georgia.

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:16 pm

Be both, I’m both. My folks went to UGA

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:26 am

Be unique, join the G5 train. P5 has no excitement to it.

Neer86

Unread post by Neer86 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:43 am

there's something to be said about a school that doesn't get the best players, doesn't pay their athletes secretly, but thrives as a program through multiple coaches.

The App St football program has been built the right way, and wins the right way. It's a hell of a lot of fun to watch the good guys win.

And we do.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:30 pm

AND Democrat, Republican, Libertarian or GDI we unite in our support of all things AppState.

Woodstovegang

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:23 pm

Does this mean he/she has to sit out a year or will someone give them a waiver?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:34 pm

Woodstovegang wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:23 pm
Does this mean he/she has to sit out a year or will someone give them a waiver?
They have to start where most all of us did, sitting in the student section.

AppySprayberry

Unread post by AppySprayberry » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Scipio wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:46 pm
FYI I announced to my Trojan buddies about three months ago, I was fed up with the way USC football and the university was heading so I was putting my name in the fan transfer portal. I stated at that time I had narrowed my choices down to Nebraska, LSU, Georgia, and App St. Nebraska because of their great fans who are the most knowledgeable and courteous I have ever encountered. LSU because three of USC's best coaches have moved there recently: Head Coach Orgeron a great defensive line coach under Pete, John Robinson (national champ head coach at USC), and BKU (Big Kenechi Udese first round defensive NFL end pick and former defensive line coach at USC), Georgia because USC's 2018 starting QB (JT Daniels) transferred there this season, and I have always thought Herschel Walker was one of the five greatest backs in college football history and a man of character, and App St because they are giant killers, exciting to watch, and I wanted to see if they were going to have another miracle first year coach. Well I am happy to say after much thought, homework, and prayer I have narrowed it down to App St and Georgia! Now let's get this virus overkill behind us and play some football so I can commit to you guys or the folks in Athens.
Hey Scipio, I really appreciate your support of our program! My dad went to UGA and I grew up a fan of the Dawgs. I still support and follow them, but they're not "my team" anymore. Athens is an amazing college town with some distinct similarities to Boone and I wouldn't fault you in the slightest for choosing them as your new team.

The big difference, as a person who has thoroughly experienced fandom of each team, is that you have an opportunity to truly matter as an App State fan. Sure, every fan of every team matters, but here at App State we have a much more personal fandom. You can get into a game (for pretty cheap) and get up close to the field. You can get to know many fellow fans. You can tailgate right near the stadium and your voice really counts and can be heard on gameday. You'll have the opportunity to meet players and coaches every season. There's an intimacy that comes with being a fan of a "smaller" program that you just don't get with P5 fandom. It's incredibly personal and, to me, that's what pulling for a college football team should be all about.

We're a loyal fanbase with immense passion for our team. We travel well and we're generally very well received by opposing fans. Our culture is built on integrity and I rarely see us stray from that- be it the fans, the players, or the coaches (that guy with the last name about beverages isn't a good representation).

I hope you'll consider making us your team. There's a closeness between fans that I just haven't found elsewhere. You will truly be joining a family.

If you'll PM me your address I'd be honored to order you an App State tee shirt. Just to try it on for size. Let me know what size you wear!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 pm

If you join us you get to read political commentary written by on the brink people off their medication(s) ....

APPChad90

Unread post by APPChad90 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:38 pm

AppySprayberry wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:07 pm
Scipio wrote:
Hey Scipio, I really appreciate your support of our program! My dad went to UGA and I grew up a fan of the Dawgs. I still support and follow them, but they're not "my team" anymore. Athens is an amazing college town with some distinct similarities to Boone and I wouldn't fault you in the slightest for choosing them as your new team.

The big difference, as a person who has thoroughly experienced fandom of each team, is that you have an opportunity to truly matter as an App State fan. Sure, every fan of every team matters, but here at App State we have a much more personal fandom. You can get into a game (for pretty cheap) and get up close to the field. You can get to know many fellow fans. You can tailgate right near the stadium and your voice really counts and can be heard on gameday. You'll have the opportunity to meet players and coaches every season. There's an intimacy that comes with being a fan of a "smaller" program that you just don't get with P5 fandom. It's incredibly personal and, to me, that's what pulling for a college football team should be all about.

We're a loyal fanbase with immense passion for our team. We travel well and we're generally very well received by opposing fans. Our culture is built on integrity and I rarely see us stray from that- be it the fans, the players, or the coaches (that guy with the last name about beverages isn't a good representation).

I hope you'll consider making us your team. There's a closeness between fans that I just haven't found elsewhere. You will truly be joining a family.

If you'll PM me your address I'd be honored to order you an App State tee shirt. Just to try it on for size. Let me know what size you wear!
Well said AppySprayberry!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:03 pm
If you join us you get to read excellent political commentary written by highly intelligent patriots.
Fixed it for you.

I’ll save my comment for stonebrain behind the Lodge Wall.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:54 pm

On your official visit to Boone, slide over to the Best Cellar in Blowing Rock...tell Lisa and Rob to put it on my tab.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:33 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:54 pm
On your official visit to Boone, slide over to the Best Cellar in Blowing Rock...tell Lisa and Rob to put it on my tab.
Feels like a recruiting violation, but do what the man says, Scipio.

Scipio
School: USC

Unread post by Scipio » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:34 am

I am impressed by AppySprayberry's T-Shirt offer and the adult beverage offer from APP STATE GRAD 09, but I think they would not be considered "a permissible benefit" by the NCZI''s in Indiana. Besides, to Woodstovegang's point (male BTW), I am waiting to see if the year of sitting out will be waived. So, I don't want to run afoul of the PTBs (Powers To Be). Very generous offers and very classy however. I feel like I am being recruited! It's been a long time since I was recruited.

Woodstovegang

Unread post by Woodstovegang » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:57 am

Going to start the questionnaire.

Oakland A's or SF Giants?(grew up in North Cali)
Dual QB or Pro?
Defense 4/3 or 3/4?
Beer/Wine/Whiskey?
Black Saturday or White out?
And the inevitable; where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:38 pm

Scipio wrote:
One question: Are you eligible to be an App State Fan immediately or will you have to sit out one year due to NCAA eligibility rules?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:53 pm

I would think his time at USC would qualify for a graduate transfer waiver.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”