Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Update: ACC announces 10 game conference schedule with 1 OOC, SEC goes 10 game conference only

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: ACC announces 10 game conference schedule with one game allowed out of conference

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 am

Has the sunbelt announced what they are planning on doing?

t4pizza

Re: ACC announces 10 game conference schedule with one game allowed out of conference

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:42 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:39 am
The conference has delayed the start of any fall sport until September 3 but are leaving the rest up to individual schools at this time. Of courses, things can and probably will change in the upcoming weeks.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:44 am

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:42 am
Seattleapp wrote:
The conference has delayed the start of any fall sport until September 3 but are leaving the rest up to individual schools at this time. Of courses, things can and probably will change in the upcoming weeks.
I’m just thinking about all the weird mid week games. I assume those will all be moved to Saturday?

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:44 am

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:38 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:02 am
t4pizza wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:36 am
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:57 am
t4pizza wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:34 am
I think the only thing that allows them NOT to play App, if they choose, is that our game with them is scheduled for the 11th and the ACC won't allow any games before the 12th. So from a technical sense, that game would not be allowed under their conferences rules. If the game was on the 12th, I don't believe that there would be anyway they could get out of the deal, but I haven't actually read the contract so who knows what provisions may apply. We are currently their best OOC game and our game date essentially fits their schedule and the ACC rules as the other OOC games were either away (at ODU) or before the 12th as well. My best guess is they keep us on the schedule and move the game to Saturday, makes life much easier on the entire logistics staff of their football team.
The article I read said during the week of July 7th-12th, so we would fall into that time frame
If that is the case, I don't see how they could get out of our contracted game because it meets all the requirements that the ACC has imposed on the member schools.
I would think that they could get out of our contracted game by renegotiating a future date. App would likely be agreeable, especially if additional games were included in the deal or other in-state opponents for this year became available and open to a game.
Yes, they can get out if we let them get out. But considering we don't have another current P5 game to showcase our team this year, I am not sure why we would want to let them out. We need P5 wins to make our case for a NY6 bowl.
Without Wisconsin, our schedule isn't going to get us to a NY6 game. We could be motivated by the potential for an ongoing relationship with Wake, so as I said, future games could be involved. I'm not sure that re-scheduling Wake now, while we have leverage, wouldn't be a good move in case the season gets cancelled (which is likely).

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:49 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:44 am
t4pizza wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:38 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:02 am
t4pizza wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:36 am
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:57 am

The article I read said during the week of July 7th-12th, so we would fall into that time frame
If that is the case, I don't see how they could get out of our contracted game because it meets all the requirements that the ACC has imposed on the member schools.
I would think that they could get out of our contracted game by renegotiating a future date. App would likely be agreeable, especially if additional games were included in the deal or other in-state opponents for this year became available and open to a game.
Yes, they can get out if we let them get out. But considering we don't have another current P5 game to showcase our team this year, I am not sure why we would want to let them out. We need P5 wins to make our case for a NY6 bowl.
Without Wisconsin, our schedule isn't going to get us to a NY6 game. We could be motivated by the potential for an ongoing relationship with Wake, so as I said, future games could be involved. I'm not sure that re-scheduling Wake now, while we have leverage, wouldn't be a good move in case the season gets cancelled (which is likely).
[/quote

I get that point, but IF we can replace the Wisconsin game with a quality P5 then we could have 2 P5 wins which would probably be better than any other G5 team. Obviously our AD knows more about what potential teams we can get to fill that game and I trust he will do the right thing.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:47 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
I’m just thinking about all the weird mid week games. I assume those will all be moved to Saturday?
I doubt it. ESPN needs mid-week content, and we need the money. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if the league took a few more weeknight games if ESPN offered to sweeten the pot. When you’re projecting a deficit of $5 million and, say, ESPN offers to kick in maybe a million more per school, you’d have to at least listen.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:00 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:47 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
I doubt it. ESPN needs mid-week content, and we need the money. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if the league took a few more weeknight games if ESPN offered to sweeten the pot. When you’re projecting a deficit of $5 million and, say, ESPN offers to kick in maybe a million more per school, you’d have to at least listen.
And if fans aren't allowed or greatly reduced then, to me, there's nothing wrong with college football on TV every night of the week.
WE ARE YOSEF!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:09 pm

"And if fans aren't allowed or greatly reduced then, to me, there's nothing wrong with college football on TV every night of the week"

Sounds like a plan to me! Besides there's nothing on TV anyway, football every night would be a god send.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:11 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:00 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
And if fans aren't allowed or greatly reduced then, to me, there's nothing wrong with college football on TV every night of the week.
Ok ESPN, fully fund the G5’s this year and each conference plays on a designated day of the week. Back to Back games on ESPN2 and ESPNU. Eight teams On TV from designated conference that night.

MWC Monday
CUSA Tuesday
SBC Wednesday
MAC Thursday
AAC Friday
Last edited by Appstate88 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:11 pm
goapps93 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

Ok ESPN, fully fund the G5’s this year and each conference plays on a designated day of the week. Back to Back games on ESPN2 and ESPNU. Eight teams On TV from designated conference that night.

MWC Monday
CUSA Tuesday
SBC Wednesday
CUSA Thursday
AAC Friday
Football's got to be primarily on Saturdays. it's un-American to do otherwise :lol:

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:27 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Yep - and no school has to worry about an attendance problem
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:31 pm

WataugaMan wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:09 pm
"And if fans aren't allowed or greatly reduced then, to me, there's nothing wrong with college football on TV every night of the week"

Sounds like a plan to me! Besides there's nothing on TV anyway, football every night would be a god send.
I was going to say kiss the beautiful earth or take a dip in the cool waters for me on your trip this weekend - but probably not a good idea :D - Just say hello to Almost Heaven :)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:40 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:31 pm
WataugaMan wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:09 pm

I was going to say kiss the beautiful earth or take a dip in the cool waters for me on your trip this weekend - but probably not a good idea :D - Just say hello to Almost Heaven :)
Going to rain Friday night and scattered thunderstorms for Saturday. Thus, we decided to cancel. Maybe next weekend, it may be cooler then anyway.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:10 pm

mike87 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:19 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

MWC Monday
CUSA Tuesday
SBC Wednesday
CUSA Thursday
AAC Friday
Football's got to be primarily on Saturdays. it's un-American to do otherwise :lol:
You wouldn’t get an argument from me most years.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:13 pm

goapps93 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
But only if they make it worth our while.

Neer86

Unread post by Neer86 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:14 pm

According to SI.Com, SEC presidents have adopted a play to play a 10 game conference only schedule for the 2020 football season. The announcement means South Carolina will not face Clemson for the first time since 1908.

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:28 pm

postalapp90 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:39 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:48 pm
AppState005 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:33 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:20 pm
Wake has App, ODU and Villanova as OOC so they keep App.

NC State would have had all 4 OOC against out of state teams. They would have played Troy on Sept. 19 which is when our Wisconsin game got cancelled. That would be an immediate fit for both.

Duke has Charlotte on their schedule so they will probably keep them instead of getting beat bad by App.

Carolina has 3 OOC scheduled but all are out of state. They may also be viable if they want some strong competition.

So, we probably keep Wake and possibly pick up one ACC, maybe two if they really want to play serious competition.
I believe the article is saying the games must take place in state, not necessarily featuring in state competition. Unless the SEC has the same policy, NC State will play Miss St. in Raleigh.
I think you are reading that wrong. If that were the case why even change any of the games as they will all take place in one state or another. I’m pretty sure they are limiting the in state games to in state opponents to limit travel etc
All non conference game opponents selected by the respective school must be played in the home state of the ACC institution. They are allowed to play anyone they can schedule as long as its a home game.
Slight correction on my post. They can play anyone nonconference as long as the game is held in the respective teams home state. For example UNC could see if Central Florida would be willing to play UNC in Charlotte since UNC cant go to Florida for the scheduled away game.

Seattleapp

Re: Update: ACC announces 10 game conference schedule with 1 OOC, SEC goes 10 game conference only

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:39 pm

The board collectively showed me a different and better way to look at mid week games this year. Well done fellow mountaineers! Thank you for the insights

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
t4pizza wrote:

MWC Monday
CUSA Tuesday
SBC Wednesday
MAC Thursday
AAC Friday
This would help in limiting attendence for the games except for friday night

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”