Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Schedule

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: Schedule

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:41 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:25 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:43 am
BTK2000 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:34 am
Pathetic performance by the Athletic Department. Should have At minimum had a replacement before letting them out of the contract. App had their balls in a vice grip with Boone being an hour and a half up the road and everyone wanting to reduce travel distance This season. App just got played, screwed over and out negotiated by a mediocre ACC team.
Not true at all, but ok. Who's to say Wake didn't give us money for this change? And we need the money right now... While not ideal for fans and players this season, it's a better overall move in the long run.

This is just part 1 of what I was talking about with fans being upset about the scheduling news to come..
Gotta agree with BTK here, Gillin continues to let P5 AD’s roll him. I saw Charlie Cobb with a full throated declaration that they expect cancellation fees down at Georgia State, and Gillin should have done the same thing. And i would bet my house Wake isn’t giving us a dollar for this, it would have been mentioned in App’s press release if they did.
Gillin is doing the exact opposite of letting the P5 ADs troll him. Wake wanted to cancel the game altogether -- it was Gillin that got them to agree to two more game PLUS give us money for moving this one.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BTK2000

Unread post by BTK2000 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:58 pm

You can type and Doug can speak sunshine and daisies all day long but at the end of the day, there are currently no OC games scheduled. If the wake gate sales are as big as everyone thinks they would have been, then the series would have probably been continued without giving up the game this year. App Walked away with a “win” they would have most likely gotten anyway and gave up the only P5 game this season left.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:58 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:49 am
The replacement game I started this thread about will not take place....another victim of Gov. Cooper
Another victim of who???? So the national strategy is Coopers fault? come on man......

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:03 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:58 pm
You can type and Doug can speak sunshine and daisies all day long but at the end of the day, there are currently no OC games scheduled. If the wake gate sales are as big as everyone thinks they would have been, then the series would have probably been continued without giving up the game this year. App Walked away with a “win” they would have most likely gotten anyway and gave up the only P5 game this season left.
I don't think you understand. This seasons game was going to be cancelled by Wake -- meaning no game at all. Not just moved like what happened but cancelled altogether. Gillin didn't cancel it like you seem to think. It was Wakes call.

Gillin, instead of being trolled by their AD like you suggest, came back with if you're going to cancel it, then you owe us money (ala Cobb to Alabama like you referenced) plus we want two more games.

If it weren't for Gillin, we would have had none of that. Wake would have walked away. The talks would have likely continued down the road like you suggest, but they happened now. Gillin turned not having a game at all to money, moving the game, plus adding two.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NashvilleNeer

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:21 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:15 pm
Talked to a guy today at work who just recovered. He is the first person I know who contracted the virus. He said he was pretty weak for several days and had to force himself to eat and do some things. Overall though he says the regular flu is much worse. He is 50ish with no real underlying health issues.
5 of my coworkers had it and my wife's uncle and aunt had it.. the coworkers are all young so it was mild symptoms for them, but the relatives were bed ridden for a week.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:58 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:03 pm
BTK2000 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:58 pm
I don't think you understand. This seasons game was going to be cancelled by Wake -- meaning no game at all. Not just moved like what happened but cancelled altogether. Gillin didn't cancel it like you seem to think. It was Wakes call.

Gillin, instead of being trolled by their AD like you suggest, came back with if you're going to cancel it, then you owe us money (ala Cobb to Alabama like you referenced) plus we want two more games.

If it weren't for Gillin, we would have had none of that. Wake would have walked away. The talks would have likely continued down the road like you suggest, but they happened now. Gillin turned not having a game at all to money, moving the game, plus adding two.
wait, is WF paying us financial consideration as well as an additional H&H? That changes everything, as I was disappointed with the deal as presented.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Suppose the game was still on at this point and then cancelled because of COVID. We likely would not get what we got out of this deal, another home game with Wake. And just because Cobb broadcasts what he wants doesn't mean that he will get it. It sucks for our seniors but in the long run its not a bad exchange. Since none of us were involved in the discussions, we don't know the back and forth.

AppNC

Unread post by AppNC » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:34 pm

For the 5th year seniors scheduled to graduate in December, I hope we can get in some type of season safely.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:10 pm

Clemson’s OOC date set for Sept. 19. Hope we are in talks with them about that date.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:25 pm

NashvilleNeer wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:21 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Talked to a guy today at work who just recovered. He is the first person I know who contracted the virus. He said he was pretty weak for several days and had to force himself to eat and do some things. Overall though he says the regular flu is much worse. He is 50ish with no real underlying health issues.
5 of my coworkers had it and my wife's uncle and aunt had it.. the coworkers are all young so it was mild symptoms for them, but the relatives were bed ridden for a week.
Probably know a dozen at this point .Middle aged folks. Describe it as “ like a bad cold” or just fatigue. The latter tested because of contact tracing. Either way a two week stay at home .

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:53 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:41 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:25 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:43 am
BTK2000 wrote:
Pathetic performance by the Athletic Department. Should have At minimum had a replacement before letting them out of the contract. App had their balls in a vice grip with Boone being an hour and a half up the road and everyone wanting to reduce travel distance This season. App just got played, screwed over and out negotiated by a mediocre ACC team.
Not true at all, but ok. Who's to say Wake didn't give us money for this change? And we need the money right now... While not ideal for fans and players this season, it's a better overall move in the long run.

This is just part 1 of what I was talking about with fans being upset about the scheduling news to come..
Gotta agree with BTK here, Gillin continues to let P5 AD’s roll him. I saw Charlie Cobb with a full throated declaration that they expect cancellation fees down at Georgia State, and Gillin should have done the same thing. And i would bet my house Wake isn’t giving us a dollar for this, it would have been mentioned in App’s press release if they did.
Gillin is doing the exact opposite of letting the P5 ADs troll him. Wake wanted to cancel the game altogether -- it was Gillin that got them to agree to two more game PLUS give us money for moving this one.

Some unusual wording in an article published in yesterday's WINSTON-SALEM JOURNAL leads me to believe that App received no payout/buyout from WFU for the game that had been previously scheduled for Friday evening, Sept. 11. I wasn't present for any of the discussions so I can only try to read between the lines. Take a look for yourselves below in the red glow...

https://journalnow.com/sports/college/w ... ail-latest

By Conor O'Neill and Ethan Joyce Winston-Salem Journal Aug 5, 2020

"Wake Forest’s one non-conference football game this season will not be against Appalachian State, with the schools agreeing to postpone the matchup to another season.

The schools also agreed to a series of three meetings — two at Truist Field and one at Kidd Brewer Stadium — in future years for the price of not playing this season."
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:36 am

I would say to wait and see what happens. We are pretty full for the immediate future so this may be a situation where Wake may pay us to help pay someone else to move a game. For instance, and purely speculation on my part, but we have a road game with Wyoming in 2023. We may have to pay a penalty to move or cancel that game and Wake may help us out with that.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 am

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:25 pm
NashvilleNeer wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Probably know a dozen at this point .Middle aged folks. Describe it as “ like a bad cold” or just fatigue. The latter tested because of contact tracing. Either way a two week stay at home .
I tested positive three weeks ago and have just been released from quarantine. Wife is still quarantined till 8-16. I felt lousy, but I didn’t have many of the classic symptoms. I had fever, headache, dizziness and stomach upset. Was shocked I got it because I work from home and wear a mask when I did go out. Just glad I wasn’t around any of my older friends or my grandkids.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:32 am

BTK2000 wrote:
Could not disagree more. App gets the game moved to a date in the future when fans can attend PLUS another home and home with Wake. No way I'm seeing that as a bad deal. You're kidding yourself if you think we had them in a vice. This wasn't a money game, it was the second half of a home and home. Sure, it's disappointing that we don't play this year but the future looks bright for App and this deal makes sense. App probably would have been favored but some of the posts that have this as an automatic "W" are being made with some pretty biased assessment.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:45 am

TractorApp wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:10 pm
Clemson’s OOC date set for Sept. 19. Hope we are in talks with them about that date.
Heels are also open on 9/19. Heels have relatively easy start to season with the Orange 🍊 in week 1 and BC not until 10/3. I would like to App St./Heels Part Duex.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 am

I could be totally wrong but I seriously doubt any ACC team is looking to schedule us at this point. It really makes no sense for them to do so. My guess is we might get Charlotte but I can’t imagine anything beyond FCS schools.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:10 am

TractorApp wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 am
Stonewall wrote:
NashvilleNeer wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
I tested positive three weeks ago and have just been released from quarantine. Wife is still quarantined till 8-16. I felt lousy, but I didn’t have many of the classic symptoms. I had fever, headache, dizziness and stomach upset. Was shocked I got it because I work from home and wear a mask when I did go out. Just glad I wasn’t around any of my older friends or my grandkids.
Glad you are back amongst us. Just curious , were you prescribed anything or just told to ride it out?

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:33 am

Stonewall wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:10 am
TractorApp wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 am
Stonewall wrote:
NashvilleNeer wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Glad you are back amongst us. Just curious , were you prescribed anything or just told to ride it out?
2 of my fraternity brothers ages 67 and 66 both got it. One was sick for better that 3 weeks fever and no appetite. lost 16 pounds. he has COPd and Dr. said the fact that he uses an inhaler probably save him. Second one sick for 3 weeks now with fever of 101-103 extremely tired but lucky no breathing problems. lost weight too Took a test cam back negative BUT test said if symptom persist you might consider the negative COVID test false and retake it.............

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:36 am

hapapp wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 am
I could be totally wrong but I seriously doubt any ACC team is looking to schedule us at this point. It really makes no sense for them to do so. My guess is we might get Charlotte but I can’t imagine anything beyond FCS schools.
I think we get Charlotte and settle for 10 games. It sounds like FCS is done for the fall. That might open up some more opportunities among other G5 schools, but other than ECU, what counts as a bus trip? MTSU and Marshall, maybe?
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:40 am

AppinVA wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:36 am
hapapp wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 am
I think we get Charlotte and settle for 10 games. It sounds like FCS is done for the fall. That might open up some more opportunities among other G5 schools, but other than ECU, what counts as a bus trip? MTSU and Marshall, maybe?
I'd be okay with JMU coming to town.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”