Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Schedule

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: Schedule

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:52 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:47 pm
CLT at App on 9/12.

So if we can get past the KBS is the best stadium in the world, and Boone is better than Concord stuff just for a minute, I wonder why we are playing in Boone? Unlike us, our ADs are professionals and there had to be some quid pro quo happening here. In you look at alternating sites, it is Charlotte's turn to host. KBS holds more people, but does that matter as much this year? I suspect something got traded to make this happen, which is fine with me since I plan to watch it on TV, but I am curious what it was.

Anyway, I guess you can put us on the list of schools that are not afraid to play you.
It's because KBS is bigger and more fans can be there with social distancing.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:00 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
CLT at App on 9/12.

So if we can get past the KBS is the best stadium in the world, and Boone is better than Concord stuff just for a minute, I wonder why we are playing in Boone? Unlike us, our ADs are professionals and there had to be some quid pro quo happening here. In you look at alternating sites, it is Charlotte's turn to host. KBS holds more people, but does that matter as much this year? I suspect something got traded to make this happen, which is fine with me since I plan to watch it on TV, but I am curious what it was.

Anyway, I guess you can put us on the list of schools that are not afraid to play you.
Besides the stadium capacity (if applicable), depending on the amount of people allowed in the stadium, it probably cost much more to host than to pay for the bus and ancillary expenses of the away team. Your AD may have been happy to just not have to pay gameday expenses

But also KBS is the best stadium in the world, and Boone>Concord.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:06 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
CLT at App on 9/12.

Nice stiff arm by @_t_Henni
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
CLT at App on 9/12.

I have to give the 49ers credit for not backing down with their schedule makeover. Apparently a lot of teams have said no thanks to us this year, and it would have been easy for them to do the same thing with Duke and UNCCH on the schedule already.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:55 pm

This is sort of the game this thread was started about. UNCC coaches told their team they would be playing us on 9/5 in Charlotte at BOA. Guess that didn’t work out. Would have been good, even with a limited capacity we could have probably put 30,000 in BOA. I don’t see us being allowed more than 15,000 in KBS.

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:59 pm

Nugget49 wrote:
CLT at App on 9/12.

You guys get a return game in 2030, which means we play in Charlotte b2b 2029 & 2030...

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Hats off to the 49ers for playing this game. Hope we can land a couple more games!!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:37 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:55 pm
This is sort of the game this thread was started about. UNCC coaches told their team they would be playing us on 9/5 in Charlotte at BOA. Guess that didn’t work out. Would have been good, even with a limited capacity we could have probably put 30,000 in BOA. I don’t see us being allowed more than 15,000 in KBS.
Correct. City of Charlotte, Panthers, everybody was on board. When Cooper extended Phase two through that weekend, everything stopped. There was still a chance of it being at BOA on the 12th, but things didn't fall into place. The 2030 return trip to KBS will likely be moved up to be honest, but it was the way to get it to work for this season.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:21 am

Nugget49 wrote:

The difference is that UNCC has nothing to lose by playing us. If you lose, it was expected, and if you win, then it is the biggest W in your program's history.

But, I do give UNCC credit for scheduling the game. App vs. UNCC is a natural rivalry that should be played often.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:13 am

I would much rather play UNCC over UMass any day of the week. We need games like Wake and ECU every single season.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:16 am

appst89 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:21 am
Nugget49 wrote:

The difference is that UNCC has nothing to lose by playing us. If you lose, it was expected, and if you win, then it is the biggest W in your program's history.

But, I do give UNCC credit for scheduling the game. App vs. UNCC is a natural rivalry that should be played often.
Could use a name that references Rural v. Urban life. Sort of a microcosm of society today, and perhaps throughout all of time.

As an aside, App isn't a P5 and the Sun Belt is largely in line if not slightly ahead of C-USA at the moment, so there isn't a real sense of what you describe. Either way, provides another opportunity for App to play a peer, in-state program.

Hopeful that ECU or Marshall are willing to Jumpstart the rivalry this season for the upcoming season. Would also provide fan bases of both programs, as well as the athletes, something to look forward to outside of conferenc play.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:18 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:13 am
I would much rather play UNCC over UMass any day of the week. We need games like Wake and ECU every single season.
Didn't think about that but its certainly true. I thought that the App v. UMASS games would have some juice due to the 2006 National Championship but there was no juice for those games.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:53 am

Huge win for UNC-Concord. They are trying to gain notoriety and respect so they add Duke, UNC and a top 25 team from last year. No need to pat them on the back for adding us. Its totally a bigger win for them than it is us. Its not like we are switching out UMASS for the commuter school. We are replacing Wake and Wisconsin with them so far. Not stellar. Still better than Campbell.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:05 am

It was a no-brainer for Concord. Pull off a win during unusual circumstances in a half-filled stadium, and you brag you've "slain the beast." Lose, and nobody notices and you just put an asterisk by it and get another home game in normal conditions down the road. Any pat on the back should go to the black and gold, who continues to give near rivalry status to a team that hasn't yet earned it.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:07 am

Nail on the head Mad Doctor

mbnc

Unread post by mbnc » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:16 am

appchicago wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:39 am
There is a very obvious joke there about how this particular rebrand is easy to miss. Not everyone can find it.

But I won't do that joke. This is a family website.
I once flew from Charlotte to Pensacola and back. That's a fun pair of airport codes.

At any rate, I don't mind scheduling Charlotte. I'm still in the mindset of "I'll believe it when I see it," but if a season actually happens, there will be holes in the schedule. At this point, filling one with somebody in-state with whom there is at least some history is better than most of the options available to us.
Last edited by mbnc on Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:18 am

mbnc wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:16 am
appchicago wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:39 am
There is a very obvious joke there about how this particular rebrand is easy to miss. Not everyone can find it.

But I won't do that joke. This is a family website.
I once flew from Charlotte to Pensacola and back.That's a fun pair of airport codes.

At any rate, I don't mind scheduling Charlotte. I'm still in the mindset of "I'll believe it when I see it," but if a season actually happens, there will be holes in the schedule. At this point, filling one with somebody in-state with whom there is at least some history is better than most of the options available to us.
As soon as I saw Charlotte and Pensacola, I knew where you were going with that.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:36 am

I'm worried that UNCC is a super spreader!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:01 am

Bring it on!!! We will beat that new Covid swastika off your helmut for you🤣🤣🤣
KICK ASS!!!

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:51 am

6 or 6:30 or 7 pm kickoff would be nice for Sept 12 game!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”