Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Schedule

AppYosef!
School: Appalachian State

Re: Schedule

Unread post by AppYosef! » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:36 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:34 pm
We have rescheduled one of our out of conference games....gona be close..you guys have fun with that
Just for fun I will take a guess that we are rescheduling the Wake Forest game to a future year when there can be full capacity at the game. It probably makes sense for both programs because neither wants to play that game with less than a full crowd in attendance. I have heard this idea tossed around for a couple of weeks now. REMEMBER -- THIS IS JUST MY GUESS...JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:48 pm

You may be right, UNCC in BOA stadium for opener. Perhaps Gardner Webb at home on 12 Sep. They were suppose to play Georgia Tech if Wake Forest backs away.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 pm

AppYosef! wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:36 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
We have rescheduled one of our out of conference games....gona be close..you guys have fun with that
Just for fun I will take a guess that we are rescheduling the Wake Forest game to a future year when there can be full capacity at the game. It probably makes sense for both programs because neither wants to play that game with less than a full crowd in attendance. I have heard this idea tossed around for a couple of weeks now. REMEMBER -- THIS IS JUST MY GUESS...JUST FOOD FOR THOUGHT.
If, hypothetically, Wake was replaced by LR this year, i would not be upset.
#1 I don't think it is in Wake's best interest to schedule us as their 1 game this year from a competitive standpoint.
#2, many of us want to be at that game when it does happen in Winston-Salem. If it was played this year, I am highly doubtful that many (if any) visiting fans would be allowed in the stadium. At best, Wake students and Wake season ticket holders seem to be the best case scenario
#3 It does suck for our Seniors, but the Baseball Season sucked for many seniors, the Basketball season sucked for many seniors, and the Soccer Season.......

As a footnote, the initial reports out of Bristol is that 20,000+ fans attended the All-Star Race with no Cluster Cases/Outbreaks and masks were not worn in the stands (they were worn in public areas. New Hampshire (in the wicked Northeast) allowed 11,000 fans to attend this week. There is a case that outdoor sporting events can be held with fans in attendance.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:53 pm

NavyApp wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:53 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:15 pm

Fans will be happy to have a season. Beggars can’t be choosers. Stop with the cryptic massages. Either say the opponent or stop posting about it
Not sure what a cryptic massage is but it sounds weird and fun, sign me up!!!
Weird and fun will depend on just how happy this cryptic massage ends.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:32 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:54 pm
AppYosef! wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
#1 I don't think it is in Wake's best interest to schedule us as their 1 game this year from a competitive standpoint.
#2, many of us want to be at that game when it does happen in Winston-Salem. If it was played this year, I am highly doubtful that many (if any) visiting fans would be allowed in the stadium. At best, Wake students and Wake season ticket holders seem to be the best case scenario
#3 It does suck for our Seniors, but the Baseball Season sucked for many seniors, the Basketball season sucked for many seniors, and the Soccer Season.......

As a footnote, the initial reports out of Bristol is that 20,000+ fans attended the All-Star Race with no Cluster Cases/Outbreaks and masks were not worn in the stands (they were worn in public areas. New Hampshire (in the wicked Northeast) allowed 11,000 fans to attend this week. There is a case that outdoor sporting events can be held with fans in attendance.
Apparently, Wake is selling only single game tickets this year.

https://www.wfmynews2.com/article/sport ... 65e48e51b8

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:32 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:53 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

Fans will be happy to have a season. Beggars can’t be choosers. Stop with the cryptic massages. Either say the opponent or stop posting about it
How would a cryptic massage end? Would I even know if my muscles are not tense?

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:35 pm

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:56 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 pm
Josh Graham on the Sports Hub in WS taking about the possibility of us and Charlotte in BOA Stadium opening weekend. Both AD’s working on it. Mentioned Roy Cooper’s decision on what phase we’re in will have an impact.
oh boy the Coops be injected!

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:17 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:32 pm
NavyApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

I would hope a happy ending would be obvious enough. Generally it has been reported these type of cryptic massages leave one less tense, regardless of the state one was in at the start. Or so the legend goes.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:28 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
NavyApp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

AKA the Robert Craft.

AppStateSteve

Unread post by AppStateSteve » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:21 pm

I can only imagine the stress and hard work DG and Co. are going through in trying to scramble in scheduling games last minute, etc. but does anyone have an idea/guess as to when the revised schedule will be released?

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:56 pm

hapapp wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
AppYosef! wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:

Yes, but the article appears to say that season ticket holders have the first choice for each game

“With the seating plans for the upcoming season changing due to CDC guidelines, Wake Forest will offer current season ticket holders who wish to attend games the opportunity to obtain tickets on a game-by-game basis. This process is being finalized and will be shared within the coming weeks, WFU Athletics said”

So, I would assume that they would claim most of the reduced capacity, if App State came to town.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:29 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:56 pm
hapapp wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
AppYosef! wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:

Yes, but the article appears to say that season ticket holders have the first choice for each game

“With the seating plans for the upcoming season changing due to CDC guidelines, Wake Forest will offer current season ticket holders who wish to attend games the opportunity to obtain tickets on a game-by-game basis. This process is being finalized and will be shared within the coming weeks, WFU Athletics said”

So, I would assume that they would claim most of the reduced capacity, if App State came to town.
Not holding out much hope that game is played in 2020.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:01 am

I don’t think we play Wake this year. The game is too great of a revenue generator to play with limited capacity. I feel that it will get rescheduled.

Kafarmer

Unread post by Kafarmer » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:44 am

ACC gets one OOC in state game. I know the App game is a revenue generator, but we’re in the middle of a pandemic. No other team they can schedule that will generate more revenue for them. If capacity is set at 50%, Groves holds 30,000 or a little more? I doubt students and season ticket holders are more than 10,000 there. Not sure though. 5-6,000 available for public? Just have to wait and see. If rescheduled it will be years down the road, so it can be scheduled anyway. Just have to wait and see. Everyone needs to accept that this is a screwy season. All we can do is take what we get and be happy there’s a season period!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:50 am

Kafarmer wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:44 am
ACC gets one OOC in state game. I know the App game is a revenue generator, but we’re in the middle of a pandemic. No other team they can schedule that will generate more revenue for them. If capacity is set at 50%, Groves holds 30,000 or a little more? I doubt students and season ticket holders are more than 10,000 there. Not sure though. 5-6,000 available for public? Just have to wait and see. If rescheduled it will be years down the road, so it can be scheduled anyway. Just have to wait and see. Everyone needs to accept that this is a screwy season. All we can do is take what we get and be happy there’s a season period!
The ACC is allowing each one of their members to play one OOC game. It has to be played in the state of the ACC school. It does not stipulate that it has to be played against a team from its home state. I put the chances of Wake happening at less than 1%.

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:38 am

ACC hasn't even set their schedule yet. They just know the 10 conference teams they will play so no one knows what dates are available. Makes it hard to negotiate until actual dates are set.

Deano

Unread post by Deano » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:08 am

I'll be happy if we get any games in this year but if I had my say so, I'd rather play UNCC twice this year than play GW or LR.

JPatH3292

Unread post by JPatH3292 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:21 am

Well replacing our 2 games with say Charlotte and ECU would be ideal. Especially if we can’t keep Wake this year. I don’t mind a game against LR or GW, as long as it’s just one game.

Non of the other NC ACC teams will not go out of their way to schedule us this year if they don’t have to. We aren’t going to be able to replace anyone to the level of Wisconsin so the NY6 argument kind of goes out the window. That is if we even have a season this year.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:22 am

Just heard Homecoming is "Away" this year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”