Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UMass opts out

AppSt80
School: Appalachian State

UMass opts out

Unread post by AppSt80 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:45 am

story on espn

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Re: UMass opts out

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 am

Twitter: @brosef_yosef

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:56 am

All of this, I'm afraid, is just becoming too much of a logistical nightmare to overcome. The only "out" I see is if we are able to pair with the ACC/SEC, if they remain insistent, and tell each conference to begin pairing off with Belt teams for their non-conference and be done with it. It'd mean forcing someone's hand to play us, and maybe LaLa, but it would help fill a now 4-game hole.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:59 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:56 am
All of this, I'm afraid, is just becoming too much of a logistical nightmare to overcome. The only "out" I see is if we are able to pair with the ACC/SEC, if they remain insistent, and tell each conference to begin pairing off with Belt teams for their non-conference and be done with it. It'd mean forcing someone's hand to play us, and maybe LaLa, but it would help fill a now 4-game hole.
If the SEC and ACC remains in this thing then I think this whole thing would work out great for a team like us. It would get us these games that those schools don't want to play. If we could get say Wake Forest, NC State, and SC or Vandy on our schedule could you imagine winning the SBC and beating 3 P5 teams in one year? Losing UMASS, seeing ODU drop out, and losing Morgan St, Campbell, and GW as possible games is the best thing that can happen to us. Force these P5 teams to play us and strengthen our schedule. We would definitely be ranked in the top 20, maybe 10-13 range if we go undefeated.

paulsheehan1993

Unread post by paulsheehan1993 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:09 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:59 am
HkyMtneer wrote:
If the SEC and ACC remains in this thing then I think this whole thing would work out great for a team like us. It would get us these games that those schools don't want to play. If we could get say Wake Forest, NC State, and SC or Vandy on our schedule could you imagine winning the SBC and beating 3 P5 teams in one year? Losing UMASS, seeing ODU drop out, and losing Morgan St, Campbell, and GW as possible games is the best thing that can happen to us. Force these P5 teams to play us and strengthen our schedule. We would definitely be ranked in the top 20, maybe 10-13 range if we go undefeated.
No way that P5 schools would schedule a game they could lose vs. us when they could schedule a cupcake game against others that they would win. If there was more than 1 non-conference game this year, I could see it. But schools are not going to play a team that could beat them and lose their chance at an easy win.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:18 am

Hope they figure something out, because to be honest watching 8 Sun Belt games doesn’t do a whole lot for me. Also, I’m not saying i don’t want to play, but given the SBCs TV deal with ESPN, I’m just struggling to see how it even makes any financial sense to play. I guess it all depends if any fans are allowed in the stands at any point.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:25 am

paulsheehan1993 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:09 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:59 am
HkyMtneer wrote:
No way that P5 schools would schedule a game they could lose vs. us when they could schedule a cupcake game against others that they would win. If there was more than 1 non-conference game this year, I could see it. But schools are not going to play a team that could beat them and lose their chance at an easy win.
That is why I am pulling for more ODU types to go down. If SBC and AAC are the only G5 leagues playing then it limited the opponents for these schools. I know we would likely not get 3 of them, very low possibility, we could get 2 like we were suppose to have. If you are UNC, NC State, Wake Forest, and Duke it is impossible for them all to schedule a team like Charlotte that is close by and at least 1, maybe 2, would have to schedule us. We also give Vandy, Tenn, VT, SC, Clemson, and UVA an opponent that is not too far away.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Would be great to see if Bristol Motor Speedway would set up for an App vs. Tennessee or App Vs. VTech at the speedway. If ETSU is playing.....one of them the next two weekends at the speedway. Fans could social distance and seat a lot of people.
1:46 from University Tennessee
1:30 from APPSTATE
0:45 from ETSU
2:00 from Virginia Tech
2:00 from University of Kentucky

Many more within 3 Hrs including Duke

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”