Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Season Record Prediction Thread

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Re: Season Record Prediction Thread

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:41 pm

No fans or very few fans kills home field advantage for everyone. Whoever can keep their talented players active and on the field will definitely have the advantage. Decent programs who lose depth due to opting out players will have it tough the last 4 or so games. Hopefully we can light up some scoreboards and the front line comes through. I’ll say undefeated is absolutely attainable and I’ll go with running the table.

NashvilleNeer

Unread post by NashvilleNeer » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:16 pm

undefeated! let's ride!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 pm

We really need to take care of Marshall and UNCC to keep the SBC greater than Conf-USA perception growing. We can lose to ULL or Ark St. and still win the conference. I think Georgia Southern at GS will be our toughest game. I do think we have the rep now that Marshall and UNCC will give it their aaaaalllllllllll.

GregPercussion

Unread post by GregPercussion » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:01 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 pm
We really need to take care of Marshall and UNCC to keep the SBC greater than Conf-USA perception growing. We can lose to ULL or Ark St. and still win the conference. I think Georgia Southern at GS will be our toughest game. I do think we have the rep now that Marshall and UNCC will give it their aaaaalllllllllll.
My thoughts as well. I think we might drop one to ULL or Ark State, and maybe Clt or Marshall. At max 2 losses. But I project us to the SunBelt championship for sure.

But we have a great chance to go undefeated if not, pretty close.
No mercy.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:54 pm

11 - 0.
Bring Your A Game!

AppInDC

Unread post by AppInDC » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:45 pm

I'll say 9-2 in the regular season. I think we're the favorite in every game but with a new coaching staff, the pandemic, and the difficulty of going unbeaten, I'm guessing there will be at least a few slipups. If I had to predict the losses: Marshall and Coastal Carolina

I still think we win the Sun Belt title.

AppfaninCAALand

Unread post by AppfaninCAALand » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:00 pm

I was reading one of those sites that predicts records and such. It predicted App with a most likely record of 10-1, second most likely was 11-0, followed by 9-2 a distant third. Favored in ever game, but predicting a slip up. Our guys had a 25% chance of going undefeated, second only to Clemson in undefeated likelihood.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:14 pm

13-0

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:57 pm

It's always possible to drop a game. In this year's environments, players could be unavailable or there could just be an emotional lull. I hope not. I find it hard to picture more than one loss though.

appst1992

Unread post by appst1992 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:18 pm

I think it's really going to depend on how our defense comes together and how much improvement DJ can show as a DC. I think our players want to prove something this season, pandemic or not. Offense will be fine with a lot of starters, but as we've seen in the past, it'll depend on how well our defense schemes and executes.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:07 pm

In this crazy year, I could see us with 3 losses, going undefeated, and anything in between. It's just unpredictable given all that has transpired to date. Preseason has not been the same and I think we have seen the effects of that in the games played thus far. No fans at home could be a factor against Charlotte and I think Marshall will be a huge threat on the road. The expectations are sky high and not sure how much pressure that puts on us and for certain we have the target on our backs. I'm just ready for it to start!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:51 pm

hapapp wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:07 pm
In this crazy year, I could see us with 3 losses, going undefeated, and anything in between. It's just unpredictable given all that has transpired to date. Preseason has not been the same and I think we have seen the effects of that in the games played thus far. No fans at home could be a factor against Charlotte and I think Marshall will be a huge threat on the road. The expectations are sky high and not sure how much pressure that puts on us and for certain we have the target on our backs. I'm just ready for it to start!
If App St has 3 losses with this offense and nonconference schedule (no Badgers, No Demon Deacons), Coach Clark may be feeling the coach's seat already lukewarm.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:38 pm

Perfect season or bust. This is still a very high power offense and ZT knows the blueprint very well. App State all day every day

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:47 pm

GregPercussion wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:01 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:25 pm
My thoughts as well. I think we might drop one to ULL or Ark State, and maybe Clt or Marshall. At max 2 losses. But I project us to the SunBelt championship for sure.

But we have a great chance to go undefeated if not, pretty close.
No mercy.
If we lose to UNCC we have big problems. They were a 7-6 ball team in the 2nd worst conference in FBS last year and got destroyed by a mediocre Buffalo team in their bowl game. I don’t know that we win by 21 but we have no business losing this game.
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”