Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Our Players need our help NOW!

WASU 93
School: Appalachian State

Re: Our Players need our help NOW!

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Are you comparing a non-mask wearing, non-Social Distancing weeklong free-for-all gathering of 300K+ to a controlled mask-wearing socially-distanced crowd of 5K to 7500 for a three hour game?

Just trying to understand the relevance of your post?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:46 pm

Well, there you have it. If the governor's office will not approve for his alma mater....not going to happen at App. St. Sad for parents and siblings of all the players. Very disappointing to say the least!!
#UNC's request to have football players' parents attend Saturday's home game at Kenan Stadium was denied today by the governor's office, per a source. UNC had joined other universities across the state in writing a letter to make their case for parents to be able to attend.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:53 pm

So as I understand it up to 25 people can gather indoors. How many separate suites do we have? Couldn't we legally split the parents up in each suite up to 25 bodies for the game?

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:13 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:46 pm
Well, there you have it. If the governor's office will not approve for his alma mater....not going to happen at App. St. Sad for parents and siblings of all the players. Very disappointing to say the least!!
#UNC's request to have football players' parents attend Saturday's home game at Kenan Stadium was denied today by the governor's office, per a source. UNC had joined other universities across the state in writing a letter to make their case for parents to be able to attend.
Please tell me he explained his logic? I mean....just how. We have a giant, OUTDOOR, space. We have at most 200 parents that would/could/want to attend. You could sit them all 100 feet apart and still have plenty of room to spare. You could even ridiculously tell them to wear a mask when they're ONE HUNDRED FEET apart.

This is BY FAR the most illogical ruling I've ever heard. I feel so terrible for the parents.

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:22 pm

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:55 pm

https://journalnow.com/sports/gov-roy-c ... b5a9e.html

The esteemed Gov Cooper knows best. NO to the peasants. He just flipped his middle finger to the parents.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:12 pm

The UNCC parents are pushing the issue too.

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:40 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:13 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:46 pm
Please tell me he explained his logic? I mean....just how. We have a giant, OUTDOOR, space. We have at most 200 parents that would/could/want to attend. You could sit them all 100 feet apart and still have plenty of room to spare. You could even ridiculously tell them to wear a mask when they're ONE HUNDRED FEET apart.

This is BY FAR the most illogical ruling I've ever heard. I feel so terrible for the parents.
LOL "logic". Logic isn't needed when you're an almighty king ruling over us lowly peasants
The mountains are calling and I must go

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:54 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:55 pm
https://journalnow.com/sports/gov-roy-c ... b5a9e.html

The esteemed Gov Cooper knows best. NO to the peasants. He just flipped his middle finger to the parents.
uote]
I had pretty much accepted the no fan policy for the remainder of September but after hearing this news about no exception for parents, I can only come this personal non political conclusion. Our Governor is a "one size fits all" operator which is a very indolent style of governing. He treats Cherokee county the same as Mecklenburg county with his rigid broad based policies. Why? I have to believe he sees this strategy as the easiest way to govern which requires the least amount of effort and hard work for him.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:04 pm

So other schools are allowing 50 parents to attend the game, what is APP doing in this regard? Start with seniors - 2 tickets each. Do we have more than 25 seniors?
Bring Your A Game!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:24 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:04 pm
So other schools are allowing 50 parents to attend the game, what is APP doing in this regard? Start with seniors - 2 tickets each. Do we have more than 25 seniors?
Why only 50 parents? Every parent and their family from both teams could easily spread out Totally safe in every FBS stadium in NC. App should just tell them to show up and let them in and just pretend nothing happened. Like Nader with Portland

DontPlayWithYosef

Unread post by DontPlayWithYosef » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 pm

Love App State and the High Country - sad for all my friends who live in NC

https://i.imgflip.com/46h85a.jpg

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:07 am

A foretaste of government heavy handed "I know what's best for you".

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:10 am

If I had a son playing my butt would be either up on the road, up on the hill near Soefield, on a parking deck or dorm or just looking through the fence. This decision might be the single most insane thing I’ve ever heard of. You can spread out a few hundred people and not even be close to each other. If I had to choose between myself attending a game or a player’s parent it’s a no-brainer. I’m watching on TV

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:18 am

Thank goodness for the Marshall game!!! Will be there with all the App fans & parents.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:20 am

Last edited by WataugaMan on Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:21 am

9Steelman wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:18 am
Thank goodness for the Marshall game!!! Will be there with all the App fans & parents.
I'll be listening to the game while floating down the South Branch Potomac River in Springfield, WV near Cumberland. It's going to be one hell of a tailgate! All Day and All Night!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:39 pm

BTK2000 wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:32 pm
Good god some of you have turned covid into an anti app conspiracy by the state gov.

SC has half the population of NC but the same number of reported cases and is currently trending up. It had little to do with the stadium it had more to do with the gas stations, the hotels, the restaurants that everyone would visit if they came into town. It not just about the stadium.

I would rather have a state gov that actually listens to people who know what they are talking about than say football needs to happen no matter what. The fact they are playing is good enough for me because I really didn’t know if it was going to happen. Its also on tv.

Edit: it’s annoying. I get it. I agree I want things to open but to ignore that we are still gaining more than 1,000 cases a day in NC is idiotic.
I won't get into where I work, but lets just say im extremely close to city/state officials and businesses/entities that are being destroyed by Cooper's decisions. As many of us pointed out back in February- March, the facts surrounding COVID didn't support the govt overreach and shutting down of businesses. I know thousands of people who's livelihoods are destroyed and families in ruin, and it has nothing to do with the actual COVID strain.

Politics aside, Cooper is toast come reelection time.
The Appalachian State

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:48 am

So, just received a campus update from Chancellor Everts in my email and noticed this line:

"Today is the opening of the App State football season, and like everything else this semester, it will be very different from what we’re used to. We are pleased we will have parents of junior and senior players in attendance today"

So, at least a few parents appear to be at the game cheering on their son's today. A bit of good news...

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:21 am

HkyMtneer wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:48 am
So, just received a campus update from Chancellor Everts in my email and noticed this line:

"Today is the opening of the App State football season, and like everything else this semester, it will be very different from what we’re used to. We are pleased we will have parents of junior and senior players in attendance today"

So, at least a few parents appear to be at the game cheering on their son's today. A bit of good news...
Awesome news. Great work around by the administration. Go Apps!
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”