Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The UNCC Game Thread

NWA49
School: Charlotte

Re: The UNCC Game Thread

Unread post by NWA49 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:27 pm

Congrats on the win. Feel like neither team played well. Really not happy with some of our play calling but y’all put it on us no doubt. Y’all are still the best program in the state. Good luck rest of the way!
Go Niners!
@Normbulance

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:10 am

NWA49 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:27 pm
Congrats on the win. Feel like neither team played well. Really not happy with some of our play calling but y’all put it on us no doubt. Y’all are still the best program in the state. Good luck rest of the way!
Thank you! I hope you guys run CUSA!!!

I also see some of your people think you guys are superior to us. I have to ask why they think that since we have won by double digits every time we play you guys? It amazes me that people are so biased they can't give a team props when they win. I looked at today as a sloppy game by both and we are just deeper and have a few more big time players. You guys will get there.

As for that picture, this one is not what some are claiming:

I thought I saw another one but they were holding up a "T". Not sure what the idea was behind it. I must say I don't blame our guys for keeping the club Lit sign in fun. If we did the same thing to anyone I would expect them to keep the sign and use it to celebrate around if they beat us.

Good luck the rest of the way this year! I hope you run CUSA!

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:34 am

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:33 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:17 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:11 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:01 pm
I put a picture behind the wall in the Anything thread. I am smh.
I am glad you did Rek . Never seen anything like this at App ever . Clark better get a grip. I would suspends everyone of them .
Calm down, man. Use it as a teachable moment and run the guys a little extra.

Do I like the picture? Not particularly. Did I do the same dumb stuff in college? Yes.

Let’s be honest...this game is gonna be chippy and both teams are gonna jaw at one another. UNCC players were no saints before or during, and their 6 fans are crying like crazy after. It’s not worth suspending players, though (in my opinion)
I’m calm Beau . I just wouldn’t have this type of stuff in my program. College kids or not. I am sure you don’t see this at Clemson , Alabama etc bad look IMO
The Disturber wasted no time jumping on the non-story. I’ll admit I chuckled, but I get that it was not advisable. Personally, I’d be more offended if an opponent danced or stomped on our midfield logo. I agree that a few extra laps should cover it.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:42 am

In regards to the picture, I do believe this is embarrassing especially in today's social media world. I agree that this is a teaching moment. However, I hope it is more than just extra running. It doesn't matter if it is a rotating idea where all are not suspended at the same time, I do hope they get a game for it. Although, I only played sports through high school, best discipline lesson I ever learned was being suspended for a game for an incident. On the lighter side or maybe not, Coach Clark should require the players to show the picture to their mama:s. Nothing hurts more mentally than the disappoinment coming from mama.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:33 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:57 pm
MtnMan14 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:50 pm
I would like to see the offense open it up a bit more and try to get it to guys like Virgil and Malik Williams in space and let them work. A lot of mental errors and bad weather led to a sloppy game but I’m optimistic we will clean it up. Beat UNCC by the same score last year but honestly were more dominant this year statistically. Clean up a few mistakes and turnovers and we dominate the game. On to the next one, GO APPS!
No screens or bubble passes or slants. Pretty vanilla today and we ran at will. I’d imagine we show Marshall a bit more

With rain and field conditions like game time, a team has to play vanilla if they are wise.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:34 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:05 pm
App had 512 total yards to charlottes 286. In a driving rain storm. First game, unique atmosphere. We shouldn’t really freak out. The weather contributed to the fumbles I’m sure and the mistakes happen. Some of the hand wringing is laughable

Lord help us...I agree with you. :)
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:37 am

Nugget49 wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:35 pm
Congratulations on the win. My Niners didn't show up to play today, so I hope we get better.

You showed up, it's just that that was as good as you could do against a better team. We tried to give you the game with turnovers and mistakes, but you just wouldn't take it. Half kidding. 512 yards in the rain says it all.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:34 am

Like Longrifle said, “Bad weather is an equalizer.” 512 yards should have been enough to stomp a mud hole in any body’s azz.
Google SUX

hAPPy4APP

Unread post by hAPPy4APP » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:03 am

Somebody always has to be offended about something. Anything and everything that don’t make them all warm and fuzzy. It’s pathetic and like a infestation that keeps growing. Our society is sick and I pray for healing which has a better shot at working than whining and crying victim all the time.
Regardless of the team, they are kids having fun.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:26 am

Was the Charlotte player that had the PI call covering Hennigan just before the 1st half ended the same player that slipped and allowed Hennigan to get the TD in the 2nd half?

I watched the replay on ESPN but the number of the Charlotte player was not clear and I don't remember a name being mentioned beyond Hennigan's name. The announcer just mentions a defensive player slips and falls.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:33 am

Just listened to Coach Clark interview...the rushing game is like "making bread"... awesomely funny...if fans at KBS, we need to bring rolling pins or whatever those things are called you roll out the dough for bread.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

App90

Unread post by App90 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:59 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:10 am
NWA49 wrote:

I also see some of your people think you guys are superior to us. I have to ask why they think that since we have won by double digits every time we play you guys? It amazes me that people are so biased they can't give a team props when they win. I looked at today as a sloppy game by both and we are just deeper and have a few more big time players. You guys will get there.

I thought I saw another one but they were holding up a "T". Not sure what the idea was behind it. I must say I don't blame our guys for keeping the club Lit sign in fun. If we did the same thing to anyone I would expect them to keep the sign and use it to celebrate around if they beat us.

I work and live near some of them, some of them think because they were handed every thing by Conference USA they should be better than App State in every thing, not to mention they keep talking about how much money they have which is interesting considering football is a schools front door. They have a very small stadium. They also talk about their media outlet, hate to alarm them but nobody is watching UNCC. And that revenue stream is about to get smaller. Most of their fans are normal cool people, but they have a select few that need to get some help, and are literally delusional and here is the definition it fits them perfectly; characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument.

App State really struggled in the turnover area yesterday. Without the mistakes that game is over by halftime. Either way I am so tired of hearing about UNCC football in the Charlotte area, especially when you have literally 6 other teams in the area that would drag them around the field....The more they lose the less they will be watched.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:12 pm

I live in Charlotte and don’t hear much about UNCC anything. They are behind two professional teams and no less than 6 college programs when it comes to coverage.

Sloppy game, correctable mistakes, must improve clock management and ball control.

Defense played well, CBs were solid, oline and Henni dominated, People runs hard and Williams vision and patience is solid.

Dline needs to provide more pressure to win next week.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 pm

App90 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:59 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
NWA49 wrote:

I work and live near some of them, some of them think because they were handed every thing by Conference USA they should be better than App State in every thing, not to mention they keep talking about how much money they have which is interesting considering football is a schools front door. They have a very small stadium. They also talk about their media outlet, hate to alarm them but nobody is watching UNCC. And that revenue stream is about to get smaller. Most of their fans are normal cool people, but they have a select few that need to get some help, and are literally delusional and here is the definition it fits them perfectly; characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument.

App State really struggled in the turnover area yesterday. Without the mistakes that game is over by halftime. Either way I am so tired of hearing about UNCC football in the Charlotte area, especially when you have literally 6 other teams in the area that would drag them around the field....The more they lose the less they will be watched.

If you were at the App game in JR Stadium, you would have noticed that that particular stadium is not likely to get much bigger as it is surrounded on all 4 sides, I seem to recall, with large buildings in close proximity.
Google SUX

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:38 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 pm
App90 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
NWA49 wrote:

If you were at the App game in JR Stadium, you would have noticed that that particular stadium is not likely to get much bigger as it is surrounded on all 4 sides, I seem to recall, with large buildings in close proximity.
That stadium was actually designed/built to be expandable to about 30k, I think. It’s evident by their extremely wide concourse, and how the facilities are situated. The expansion was supposed to take place once their program reached relevance, and extra capacity was a must. Well?.....

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:46 pm

booneboy92 wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:38 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 pm
App90 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
NWA49 wrote:

That stadium was actually designed/built to be expandable to about 30k, I think. It’s evident by their extremely wide concourse, and how the facilities are situated. The expansion was supposed to take place once their program reached relevance, and extra capacity was a must. Well?.....
Yes, their stadium is nice for 15,000 and being more modern than KBS has more room and such for getting around the stadium. There is room for at least 30,000 and maybe 45,000 if ever needed. IF. I imagine they will bring in temp seats like they did for us for a bit longer until they need to stay there all year AND be used all year. If they win that could happen.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”