Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Game Day topics

bigdaddyg
School: Appalachian State

Game Day topics

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:28 am

Just watched the ESPN game day crew discussing various topics. Of course the Big 10 gushing is nauseating but expected. Once (probably Herbie) said that a 6-0 Ohio State (if only able to play 6 games) should still be considered for the CFP if they “blow” everyone out. Geez just put them in now and forget the regular season! They all semi jokingly suggested that for 2020 the playoff field should be expanded. We all know what would ultimately happen. A Big 10 team goes 7-1 then wins the conference championship and gets in. Clemson goes unbeaten and gets in. The Big12 does the usual and eliminates the league by beating each other. The Pac12 doesn’t get into the party for
whatever reason. Two SEC teams get in and one has a loss. No playoff expansion and a G5 runs the table.

ah59396

Re: Game Day topics

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:34 am

I do think the playoff field should expand to 8 and the G5 should get 1 slot.

But I also think we need to be honest with ourselves and accept that a 6-0 or 7-1 BIG10 team like an Ohio State or any of the other scenarios you described ARE better football teams than anything the G5 could muster.

Obviously I’d still like to get a shot at them because it’s football and we’ve shown anything can happen, but still.
YNWA

bigdaddyg

Re: Game Day topics

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:59 am

My main issue with the Big 10 is that they initially decided to scrap the season but now they want to play. They can avoid potential upsets whether it be conference or non conference. The playing field is too uneven to only allow 4 teams

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”