Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNCC QB

Appstrong
School: Appalachian State

UNCC QB

Unread post by Appstrong » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 pm

Did he get hurt in our game? I don’t remember seeing anything that would lead me to believe he got injured, but Ethan Joyce is reporting he is out for the UNC game. Maybe too much partying at club lit? Was hoping for a good showing from them against UNC.

BeauFoster

Re: UNCC QB

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:07 pm

I saw that one of the Hurricanes pre-game/intermission hosts reported this earlier today. I'm not sure how she got the info, but I think maybe her boyfriend is a football coach. I don't recall Reynolds being hurt during the game, but maybe we beat him up more than we realized. Or maybe those middle fingers just really hurt his feelings.
Give 'em hell!

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:12 pm

He hurt is shoulder on the first series. The play when he fumbled and they recovered the ball. Tuff kid, played thru the injury for the rest of the game. Hate he’s out for UNC. Pulling for UNCC in that game.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:14 pm

According to the article I read, he suffered an "upper body injury" on the first play of the game. Healy isn't specifying the specific nature of the injury.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:18 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:07 pm
I saw that one of the Hurricanes pre-game/intermission hosts reported this earlier today. I'm not sure how she got the info, but I think maybe her boyfriend is a football coach. I don't recall Reynolds being hurt during the game, but maybe we beat him up more than we realized. Or maybe those middle fingers just really hurt his feelings.
Sounds like you're referring to Abby Labar? I believe she also does ACC football broadcasts on Fox Sports.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:16 pm

EastHallApp wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:18 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:07 pm
Sounds like you're referring to Abby Labar? I believe she also does ACC football broadcasts on Fox Sports.
I didn’t realize that. Good to know.
Give 'em hell!

Neer86

Unread post by Neer86 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:25 pm

Scott Fowler
@scott_fowler
·
10m
So sorry to hear news today that 49ers QB Chris Reynolds will miss this Saturday’s game at UNC due to upper-body injury suffered vs App.
Dan Reynolds said last Saturday in our RV interview that you never know how long you get to watch your kids; you only know it’s a “short span.”

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Neer86 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:25 pm
Scott Fowler
@scott_fowler
·
10m
So sorry to hear news today that 49ers QB Chris Reynolds will miss this Saturday’s game at UNC due to upper-body injury suffered vs App.
Dan Reynolds said last Saturday in our RV interview that you never know how long you get to watch your kids; you only know it’s a “short span.”
He's a great player and hard worker and I hope he heals quickly.

Three thoughts I had on this news: It makes me wary of the confidence I got from our stellar performance defensively last Saturday. And that injury occurred during one of their first series. He played the rest of the game and is out against the Tar Heels. This sort of reveals that we were their real Super Bowl, even when playing the "state flag ship" one week later. Third, it puts "finger-gate" into perspective and makes the "KaRmA'S a BiTcH" pearl clutching from UNCC seem fans seem pretty ironic given the following post from last week:

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:48 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:35 pm
Neer86 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:25 pm
Scott Fowler
@scott_fowler
·
10m
He's a great player and hard worker and I hope he heals quickly.

Three thoughts I had on this news: It makes me wary of the confidence I got from our stellar performance defensively last Saturday. And that injury occurred during one of their first series. He played the rest of the game and is out against the Tar Heels. This sort of reveals that we were their real Super Bowl, even when playing the "state flag ship" one week later. Third, it puts "finger-gate" into perspective and makes the "KaRmA'S a BiTcH" pearl clutching from UNCC seem fans seem pretty ironic given the following post from last week:

Our secondary better be gassed and ready.

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:17 pm

Appstrong wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 pm
Did he get hurt in our game? I don’t remember seeing anything that would lead me to believe he got injured, but Ethan Joyce is reporting he is out for the UNC game. Maybe too much partying at club lit? Was hoping for a good showing from them against UNC.
With or without Reynolds, the tar holes will dismantle Charlotte. If they get to 6 wins and bowl eligibility I will be shocked.

They are already 0-1 and still have the holes and dukies, both guaranteed losses. So over the other 8 have to go 6-2, don't see it happening. I'm rooting for them, but just looking at their schedule dont see it happening.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Would have helped our SOS if UNCC could keep it close though. Hope he’s back soon.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”