B1G is back

yosef69
Posts: 633
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 245 times

B1G is back

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 am

Does Wiscy owe us some money?


https://t.co/iZR3udiK9h



Saint3333
Posts: 10400
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 1287 times
Been thanked: 1754 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:29 am

Yes.

And the virtue signaling Big Ten has quite a bit of egg on their face. Rather than finding a solution to mitigate the risks they took the lazy route, got called on it, and backtracked.

Hope they kill each other in the regular season so none of them are in the CFB playoffs.



ASU3432Mi
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:43 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1261 times
Been thanked: 235 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:38 am

yosef69 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:25 am
Does Wiscy owe us some money?


https://t.co/iZR3udiK9h
Will we have to sue?



User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 5487
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 715 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 am

I haven't seen anything about OOC games for the B1G, which may assist Wisconsin in getting around a payout to us. If the conference says no OOC games, then it hurts any legal standing we may have (I say this as a non-attorney).


Give 'em hell!

BUTCH1991
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:53 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: High Point
Has thanked: 847 times
Been thanked: 448 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:45 am

They should not be allowed in any playoff or bowl games.



asu7
Posts: 542
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:18 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 252 times
Been thanked: 110 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by asu7 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:46 am

Wonder what this does to the rankings.


Image

yosef69
Posts: 633
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 245 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:48 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:40 am
I haven't seen anything about OOC games for the B1G, which may assist Wisconsin in getting around a payout to us. If the conference says no OOC games, then it hurts any legal standing we may have (I say this as a non-attorney).
I don’t know which, but either Wiscy or the big ten owes us a milli.



Tbatchelor1977
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by Tbatchelor1977 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:54 am

I am sure the route that our athletic department will go is to schedule at later date. If we sue Wisconsin due to pandemic, optics do not look good and the rest of Big 10 will put us on the "do not schedule" list to eternity



User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 10345
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Other
Location: Born: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 2512 times
Been thanked: 1253 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:59 am

Well I am happy for the players - the universities think they are superior "intellectually" than the other conferences so I am also happy the brilliant ones have eggs on their faces - I don't care about bowl games because we all know they will be in them - however I do agree no playoffs but we all know they will be there also - The PAC12 probably decided not to play football so as not to be a total embarrassment for another season.


"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

User avatar
AtlAppMan
Posts: 1217
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:23 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: ATL
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 526 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:01 am

The B1G and Pac-12 thought they were going to dictate the rules when they cancelled (or possibly postponed) fall. When 60% of FBS didn't follow their lead and the train left the station without them they realized they had screwed up and overplayed their hand. It also helped that some of their own players and parents fought them.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 3377
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 951 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 am

So exactly how many games will the schools play? We play game 6 the Thursday night before they play game 1. Is the NCAA going to accommodate that conference? Will the other conferences who have and will have played more than half of their seasons sit around idle for a month or so while they finish and then have bowl games and a postseason?



Tbatchelor1977
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by Tbatchelor1977 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:59 am

8 games with conference championship right prior to playoff selection show. I would assume this means playing through 12/12 or 12/19.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 3377
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 951 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am

Interesting. So an 8-0 Ohio State (9-0) assuming they win their championship game trumps a 12-0 App State team who runs the table (theoretically) and gets into the playoffs?



Black Saturday
Posts: 9063
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2002 11:22 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: 910
Has thanked: 403 times
Been thanked: 347 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:36 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:01 am
The B1G and Pac-12 thought they were going to dictate the rules when they cancelled (or possibly postponed) fall. When 60% of FBS didn't follow their lead and the train left the station without them they realized they had screwed up and overplayed their hand. It also helped that some of their own players and parents fought them.
It was dictated by the Governor's of the states which ultimately control the employment of the University leaders who are over the ADs. Purely political division.

Strange they reverse course. i guess votes were concerning.


BLACK SATURDAY

Yosef84
Posts: 2746
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 419 times
Been thanked: 1229 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am
Interesting. So an 8-0 Ohio State (9-0) assuming they win their championship game trumps a 12-0 App State team who runs the table (theoretically) and gets into the playoffs?
Well yes. You know it does.



bigdaddyg
Posts: 3377
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 951 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am
Interesting. So an 8-0 Ohio State (9-0) assuming they win their championship game trumps a 12-0 App State team who runs the table (theoretically) and gets into the playoffs?
Well yes. You know it does.
I was born 2 days ago not yesterday so yep I knew the answer to my question- 😱.

The 9-0 OSU trumping the 11-1 ACC (potentiality) UNC or a strong Texas or Oklahoma could happen. It’s all jacked up so who knows what will shake out.



Yosef84
Posts: 2746
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:27 am
Has thanked: 419 times
Been thanked: 1229 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:51 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:42 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:38 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:18 am
Interesting. So an 8-0 Ohio State (9-0) assuming they win their championship game trumps a 12-0 App State team who runs the table (theoretically) and gets into the playoffs?
Well yes. You know it does.
I was born 2 days ago not yesterday so yep I knew the answer to my question- 😱.

The 9-0 OSU trumping the 11-1 ACC (potentiality) UNC or a strong Texas or Oklahoma could happen. It’s all jacked up so who knows what will shake out.
It's definitely all jacked up. No doubt about that.



User avatar
BeauFoster
Posts: 5487
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:42 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: In a cubicle
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 715 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by BeauFoster » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:52 am

The big 10 saw all the press that the little schools were getting about making the playoffs and had to make sure it didn’t happen.

Question now is, when does the PAC 12 reverse course?


Give 'em hell!

fjblair
Posts: 2979
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 499 times
Been thanked: 214 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by fjblair » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:00 am

No way the PAC reverses course, they are too invested in a lockdown.



User avatar
hapapp
Posts: 14766
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 12:48 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Rocky Mount, VA
Has thanked: 1667 times
Been thanked: 1563 times

Re: B1G is back

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:27 am

I see it differently. Granted they received a lot of pushback and no doubt it played a role in the reversal. However, they may look like the smart ones here if they pull it off. They let the other conferences act as guinea pigs to see whether it could be done. So far, relatively good. Though, some teams have yet to play because of postponements and others have had games moved. Come the end of October, we will likely know whether season will play out. Their teams will be eligible for the playoffs and in essence, no harm, no foul. They potentially can have their cake and eat it too.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online