Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Appalachian St at Marshall Game Thread

App_in_Maiden
School: Appalachian State

Re: Appalachian St at Marshall Game Thread

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:13 pm

Don’t really know what to say about this game. Was hoping the mistakes from last week were going to be corrected, but didn’t seem so. Marshall was ready for the run, and yet, we continued to try to run up the middle for 1-2 yards. When we went to outside, it worked, but we only did that a handful of times. Peoples seems to be our #1 back so we need to feed him.

I love Clark and his passion for App football, but this vanilla play calling and undisciplined team is not it. These penalties have got to stop. Our defense could not stop the run when it mattered.

I’m hoping that this game is a HUGE wake up call to our entire team, from players to coaching. We are the pride of the sunbelt and we need to play like it every week.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:13 pm

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:09 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:07 pm
The spike was embarrassing.
Fumble on the 5 was embarrassing.

Missed FG from chip range almost dead center was embarrassing.

A running team abandoning the run in play calling was embarrassing.

Playing to the whistle is not embarrassing.
No shit to all 5.

Spiking it with 5 seconds down two scores is pointless

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:14 pm

I have faith in the players. After 8 quarters, I’m starting to question two new hires...Petersen (OC) and Haines (RB & ST). Get to work, men.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:15 pm

I will say hats off to the defense. 17 points given up against a good team not bad.
Offense was a dumpster fire today.
I have serious concerns we make bowl eligible this year.
Haven't felt like this in a long time.
Not blaming it on anyone, maybe law of averages have finally caught up with us.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:16 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:12 pm
We got outplayed and out coached today.

We are not top 25 team this year.

Can we regroup? Are we going to man up rest of season or not?
That entire team we saw today (minus 2 LB’s and Darrynton Evans) beat USC and UNC last year.

Somehow.
YNWA

APP93

Unread post by APP93 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:18 pm

SB conference getting great press...wish App could have kept it going

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:19 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:05 pm
Announcers making a point about Marshall beating a top 25. Not really
They did though. We had people on here questioning if we were really a top 25 team last year and some were sarcastic and jumped down their throats for asking if we belonged by saying we are. We were ranked by both polls, that matter now, and so we were a top 25 team. Marshall will now be ranked. This is a big win for them. Probably their biggest win since the 2000s. We can bounce back from this. I am more worried about Louisiana now but we could still finish with just two losses. We should get Williams and Pearson back soon, hopefully.

savoyspecial21

Unread post by savoyspecial21 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:21 pm

Everyone, please stop with the "wake up calls."

Last week was the wake up call.

But, the really scary part? In a season like this, it's going to be really easy to lose a team.

This could get ugly for Clark quickly.

But that's what usually happens when you hire the coach "every player loves."

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:21 pm

AppDub wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:06 pm
Louisiana will own us!
Nice take. Did you see how lousy ULL looked today? SMH

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Bottom Line....this was embarrasssing. We FINALLY get a chanced on national tv and we lay and egg. I am an App Grad, have 2 kids who are App grads and I am embarrassed.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:23 pm

AppRolls wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:21 pm
AppDub wrote:
Louisiana will own us!
If we don’t figure something out, GA States defense will blank us.

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:24 pm

ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:01 pm
Get ready for a .500 year...
I’m sure the players would appreciate your confidence in them. I’ll bet you gave up after we lost to the Stink last year. SMH

AppRolls

Unread post by AppRolls » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:25 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:23 pm
AppRolls wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:21 pm
AppDub wrote:
Louisiana will own us!
If we don’t figure something out, GA States defense will blank us.
Football is a week to week thing. One of the hallmarks of this program is overcoming early season losses. You low-confidence fair weather fans make me laugh.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:26 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:16 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:12 pm
We got outplayed and out coached today.

We are not top 25 team this year.

Can we regroup? Are we going to man up rest of season or not?
That entire team we saw today (minus 2 LB’s and Darrynton Evans) beat USC and UNC last year.

Somehow.
You forgot to include Anderson, Sutton, Pearson, and Marcus Williams also out. We can rebound.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:28 pm

AppRolls wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:24 pm
ASUTodd wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:01 pm
Get ready for a .500 year...
I’m sure the players would appreciate your confidence in them. I’ll bet you gave up after we lost to the Stink last year. SMH
We can definitely come back from this. We will have to play a lot better though. Those out need to return and playcalling has to get better. I still wonder how the game changes if Pearson is the one on that long catch instead of Evans. Does he score and momentum in our favor enough that we actually tie the game? This year is tough because a team can not even look the same from week to week. We could run the table or lose a couple more games. SBC did not handle the success of last week very well today.

Mountaineer0307

Unread post by Mountaineer0307 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 pm

I love Clark.

Peterson should not board the plane back to NC. GTFO

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 pm

What a difference not having a multi-million dollar a year coach on the sidelines made today. The 3 points we should have taken at the half would have been nice in the 4th qtr. Usually when we hold another team to 17 points, we win. Marshall's D wasn't that good, nor was their offense. I forgot about 3rd down and Dale Jones from years gone by, what a refresher today. We can't just show up and win because of our laurels. Lots of mental mistakes, and way too many drive extending gifts to Marshall and drive killing mistakes for us to even sniff winning. How many seniors do we have on our offensive line? We reached our ranking zenith and nixed all NY6, by being ill prepared and making silly mistakes a team with as much experience as we are supposed to have. Give good teams multiple opportunities by being stupid and you lose. Congrats to the Green Assed Hillbillies, they let us hang around long enough, with their stupid. I guess we still have a conference championship to play for. I'll bet Billy Napier is licking his chops. He's a multi-million dollar a year coach, next year. He won't lose to you by being a double-barreled dumb-ass.
BLACK SATURDAY

savoyspecial21

Unread post by savoyspecial21 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:30 pm

Uuuuuuugh.

A billion starters returning?

Top 25 ranking?

The SEC 3:30 slot on Saturday afternoon with lots of eyeballs waiting to be unexpectedly endeared/impressed by a team?

I don't know about anyone else, but i hang out and interact with lots of people who went to Power 5 schools. And i stick up for App, A LOT.

Brutal.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:35 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 pm
What a difference not having a multi-million dollar a year coach on the sidelines made today. The 3 points we should have taken at the half would have been nice in the 4th qtr. Usually when we hold another team to 17 points, we win. Marshall's D wasn't that good, nor was their offense. I forgot about 3rd down and Dale Jones from years gone by, what a refresher today. We can't just show up and win because of our laurels. Lots of mental mistakes, and way too many drive extending gifts to Marshall and drive killing mistakes for us to even sniff winning. How many seniors do we have on our offensive line? We reached our ranking zenith and nixed all NY6, by being ill prepared and making silly mistakes a team with as much experience as we are supposed to have. Give good teams multiple opportunities by being stupid and you lose. Congrats to the Green Assed Hillbillies, they let us hang around long enough, with their stupid. I guess we still have a conference championship to play for. I'll bet Billy Napier is licking his chops. He's a multi-million dollar a year coach, next year. He won't lose to you by being a double-barreled dumb-ass.
To your point on Napier. If our coaching staff calls a game like this against Louisiana and Zac is not WAY more accurate then we will lose to Louisiana. Napier is a great coach and he won't lay an egg like that. They had a tough mental test after being ISU and getting up for a team they should beat and still found a way to win today. This is just one loss and it is early so we have time to come back from this though. The season is not over and we can still play for a lot. This loss hurts but is not the end. I will change my outlook though if things don't get a LOT better in the next two weeks. I remember last year with Charlotte early on and how some of our people felt. We need to beat Campbell like a drum and work out the kinks before GSU and ULL.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:38 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:35 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:29 pm
To your point on Napier. If our coaching staff calls a game like this against Louisiana and Zac is not WAY more accurate then we will lose to Louisiana. Napier is a great coach and he won't lay an egg like that. They had a tough mental test after being ISU and getting up for a team they should beat and still found a way to win today. This is just one loss and it is early so we have time to come back from this though. The season is not over and we can still play for a lot. This loss hurts but is not the end. I will change my outlook though if things don't get a LOT better in the next two weeks. I remember last year with Charlotte early on and how some of our people felt. We need to beat Campbell like a drum and work out the kinks before GSU and ULL.
Difference is we beat UNCC.

Most we can play for now is the New Orleans Bowl. Which looks like a dream scenario based on what I’ve seen so far.
YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”