• Birthdays

Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

User avatar
YesAppCan
Posts: 5745
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:52 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro
Has thanked: 1232 times
Been thanked: 489 times

Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by YesAppCan » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:24 am




yosef69
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:59 am

“When they stop the run you’ve got to be able to throw the ball”

Then why did we stuff in up the middle? Especially when they were stacking the box with a safety in the middle as coach himself stated.



Saint3333
Posts: 10441
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 1303 times
Been thanked: 1804 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:15 am

Coach isn’t pulling any punches. Asking his senior WRs and OL to step up and play football.

We’ve got 17 days to get right or that SBC title goal becomes tough as we face ULL.



Mjohn1988
Posts: 892
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 127 times
Been thanked: 566 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 am

Really called out Virgil again, said somebody other than Henny has to make a play. Did I miss something, Virgil made the play of the game for App. I didn’t watch Virgil on every down but from what I did see I thought he gave a pretty good effort. On the whole Marcus Williams thing, your offense is struggling and you can’t run the ball but the head coach doesn’t even ask, hey why am I not seeing my number one running back in the game. Neither the game our the press conference was a good look for Shawn. Pulling for him to do much better.



yosef69
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:19 am

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 am
Really called out Virgil again, said somebody other than Henny has to make a play. Did I miss something, Virgil made the play of the game for App. I didn’t watch Virgil on every down but from what I did see I thought he gave a pretty good effort. On the whole Marcus Williams thing, your offense is struggling and you can’t run the ball but the head coach doesn’t even ask, hey why am I not seeing my number one running back in the game. Neither the game our the press conference was a good look for Shawn. Pulling for him to do much better.
Not knowing why your starting RB isn’t dressed out is shocking and indefensible.



appgrad95&97
Posts: 364
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 139 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:14 am

That was somehow more disappointing than the game.



BallantyneApp
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 162 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:23 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:19 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 am
Really called out Virgil again, said somebody other than Henny has to make a play. Did I miss something, Virgil made the play of the game for App. I didn’t watch Virgil on every down but from what I did see I thought he gave a pretty good effort. On the whole Marcus Williams thing, your offense is struggling and you can’t run the ball but the head coach doesn’t even ask, hey why am I not seeing my number one running back in the game. Neither the game our the press conference was a good look for Shawn. Pulling for him to do much better.
Not knowing why your starting RB isn’t dressed out is shocking and indefensible.
Im going to go with, “I know why but I don’t want to get into it and this is the best excuse I can come up with” he’ll get better at lying as he gets more experience.

If he really didn’t know that is concerning



bigdaddyg
Posts: 3420
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 969 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:43 am

That is unbelievable to hear. Your number one back was a go, dressed and in street clothes at halftime. Someone knew because he never played at all. If he was suspended due to a team rule I would think Clark would have maybe alluded to that. Coaches say that all the time. If I had to guess Williams said something to piss someone off during warmups or he made his own decision. Hope he is still with the team.



User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 10399
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Other
Location: Born: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 2535 times
Been thanked: 1271 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:48 am

Come on guys - Coach knew the situation, whatever it was, and he has NO obligation to share that with anyone outside the locker room - it looked to me that Marcus came up short with a hammy last week?


"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

yosef69
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:48 am
Come on guys - Coach knew the situation, whatever it was, and he has NO obligation to share that with anyone outside the locker room - it looked to me that Marcus came up short with a hammy last week?
I think you’re letting this go too easily.

At least make a better lie. The truth would be better than telling people you don’t know why the second most important offensive player is not dressed.



User avatar
WVAPPeer
Posts: 10399
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:14 am
School: Other
Location: Born: Almost Heaven
Has thanked: 2535 times
Been thanked: 1271 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:55 am

No I do disagree - since we don't know why, there is no reason to speculate what he said or didn't say - especially after - to Coach - a heartbreaking loss --- the man has been around football for decades, he knows what he is doing -
What's a better lie?


"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

yosef69
Posts: 667
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:26 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 263 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:58 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:55 am
No I do disagree - since we don't know why, there is no reason to speculate what he said or didn't say - especially after - to Coach - a heartbreaking loss --- the man has been around football for decades, he knows what he is doing -
What's a better lie?
“Tweaked something in warmups”
“Team rule”

Not “I thought he was a go and then he’s in street clothes”



fjblair
Posts: 2984
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:03 pm
Has thanked: 514 times
Been thanked: 214 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by fjblair » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:10 am

I said it last week and I say it now, ASU is not a well coached team at this point. LOTS of loose ends. Two straight weeks we make more mistakes than the team we are playing.
Last edited by fjblair on Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.



TheAppalachianState
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:47 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:17 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:58 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:55 am
No I do disagree - since we don't know why, there is no reason to speculate what he said or didn't say - especially after - to Coach - a heartbreaking loss --- the man has been around football for decades, he knows what he is doing -
What's a better lie?
“Tweaked something in warmups”
“Team rule”

Not “I thought he was a go and then he’s in street clothes”
I appreciate the transparency from Coach. At least with his honest response, it’s something that he’ll be more on top of going forward. He’s 110% bleed black and gold and I don’t think it’s in his character to even lie to the fan base, respect that.

This loss definitely hurt, and I’m pissed that we have the tools and players that can execute big plays and win football games. But it’s this mans 3rd ever coached game. He will learn and improve, I have no doubt about it.

Side note: big shout out to our man T Hennigan and the other players associated with our program, these dudes are all in and I’m proud of these guys (just saw Thomas Hennigans tweet on how they’ll learn and improve so that’s why I’m just referencing him).

It’s a fresh week, shake this sh*t off and let’s get this 1-0 next Saturday!!!!!!!!



Yosefus
Posts: 554
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:50 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 50 times
Been thanked: 203 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:55 pm

These guys have a lot of figuring out to do. We got beat by a team that matched up right with us on talent. We didn't make the plays and they did. The unfortunate thing is from my view we will face this same type talent a lot more this year than years past.
Better be stepping up or it could be a season like no other...not in the good direction like no other



User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 5777
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 903 times
Been thanked: 2246 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:00 pm

Not cool calling out Virgil and letting Evans slide.



boonetown1
Posts: 733
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:10 am
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 164 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by boonetown1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:02 pm

Kind of wonder if Shawn is too much of a players coach. I thought Satt was a nice blend. this team just seems super undisciplined



postalapp90
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:03 am
School: Appalachian State
Been thanked: 27 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by postalapp90 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:00 pm
Not cool calling out Virgil and letting Evans slide.
Not cool calling out anyone by name even more so when the head coach has no idea why his running back isn't playing



js290
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:39 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by js290 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Is becoming very evident, he might be in over his head....



User avatar
ah59396
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:28 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 696 times
Been thanked: 781 times

Re: Coach Clark Post Game--Marshall

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:17 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:00 pm
Not cool calling out Virgil and letting Evans slide.
Might be one of those “two kids” situations.

Where one gets scolded for getting B’s because you know their potential and the other gets praised for C’s because you know their ceiling.

But who knows. Not me.


YNWA

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”

  • Who is online
  • In total there are 323 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 323 guests

    Most users ever online was 1927 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:27 am

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 323 guests